Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Default Lationo Review says Spidey to MCU done deal. Sony says otherwise

The Latino review is saying spider-man is going be avengers. What do you think?

http://www.latino-review.com/news/ma...hor-and-spidey
    Last edited by powerpackers90; 01-14-2015 at 11:50 AM.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

BANNED

i think it's a BS news. i mean they either lied or made mistkaes before like that planet hulk crap or there being another hulk movie or whatever news they've said. i don't know. it's been a while. and despite sony's idiocy i doubt that aunt may movie is true either.

BANNED

I actually do believe Bleeding Cool articles, and even I think Latino Review is full of it. I'm hoping for the deal to be done, but I'm going to wait until someone other than Latino Review reports it, and no, sites that just use Latino Review as a source don't count.

Clickbait speculation, feeding off the previous rumors.

Exactly there's nothing substantial there at all, and given the rest of that article had all my Spidey Senses tingling the Bullshit o meter was off the charts

I don't believe the Spider-Man deal being done. However, there is some merit to the Captain America news/rumor. I've heard that rumor before, seeing as Sabastian Stan signed a 9 movie deal with Marvel and Chris Evans has 2 movies left on his contract, the Cap rumor might be true.

BANNED

Clickbait journalism... doesnt get any worse.

It's also on the digest today too: http://badassdigest.com/2015/01/14/s...ty-war-part-i/

At this point, I think it's safe to assume that spidey going back/teaming up with Marvel Studios is 100% inevitable. Only matter of time before the official announcement is made.
    Last edited by colossus34; 01-14-2015 at 04:57 PM.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colossus34 View Post
    Clickbait journalism... doesnt get any worse.

It's also on the digest today too: http://badassdigest.com/2015/01/14/s...ty-war-part-i/

At this point, I think it's safe to assume that spidey going back/teaming up with Marvel Studios is 100% inevitable. Only matter of time before the official announcement is made.
    badass digest must've looked into latinoreviews. hopefullyu it's not true because i love garfield as the character and it's really sucky to have him as the most controversial as well as the series itself and spiderman shouldn't be rebooted in movies. why not have him in tv shows? i mean he also was never an avenger until 2003 with the other street level heroes like luke cage, jessica jones, iron fist and wolverine. wolverine was an x-men but when he's solo he's basically street level. it's also weird for characters to have movies with a storyline like when thor the dark world and wolverine 2 hitted i was weirded out because they just felt so random and now wolverine is getting his third movie. it's another reason why i appreciate shows more than movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    good. i hope garfield reprises his role and thanks to that embarressment from the hacks they should just focus on making this series great. either postpone the sinister six and focus on TASM 3 with drew goddard writing the film or just continue the sinister six and make it great. i always thought that since the black cat spin-off was announced it would be a great idea to tie it into the sinister six film because i like to see some gang level stuff in live action in a spiderman series. like say harry osborn running the goblin gang, doctor octopus running an empire with vulture as his second in command and quite possibly kraven training some thugs with other characters like hammerhead, tombstone, silvermane, the spot, mister negative, shocker/montana, etc. not too many villains but i like it to feel more like a gang related story while focusing stuff on felicia. black suit spiderman played by andrew garfield as a climatic battle would be great.

The summit has to be weird for all involved when there's going to be a high level of scrutiny given what the media and obsessef members of the public know about the leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    badass digest must've looked into latinoreviews. hopefullyu it's not true because i love garfield as the character and it's really sucky to have him as the most controversial as well as the series itself and spiderman shouldn't be rebooted in movies. why not have him in tv shows? i mean he also was never an avenger until 2003 with the other street level heroes like luke cage, jessica jones, iron fist and wolverine. wolverine was an x-men but when he's solo he's basically street level. it's also weird for characters to have movies with a storyline like when thor the dark world and wolverine 2 hitted i was weirded out because they just felt so random and now wolverine is getting his third movie. it's another reason why i appreciate shows more than movies.
    If you read the Badass Digest piece it mentions their conifdent level in the news.

There would be several reasons to prefer Spider-Man in the films rather than television.

Film makes more money, and requires less work from actors.

We've also discussed this in the thread you started in the topic, but Spider-Man has a special effects heavy power-set that might not translate very effectively into TV.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm very, very, very skeptical of this. I'm normally a very believing and optimistic person, but when it comes to Spider-Man and the MCU, it's definitely a case of "I'll believe it when I see it." Until then, 3rd party announcements/rumors are not enough.

And if Sony already denied it, then all the more reason to not buy into all this. It's just heartbreak and disappointment waiting to happen...
    "Once you're an avenger, it never fails. Sooner or later, the time comes when it's your turn to step up to the plate. Just make sure you're ready"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The summit has to be weird for all involved when there's going to be a high level of scrutiny given what the media and obsessef members of the public know about the leaks.

If you read the Badass Digest piece it mentions their conifdent level in the news.

There would be several reasons to prefer Spider-Man in the films rather than television.

Film makes more money, and requires less work from actors.

We've also discussed this in the thread you started in the topic, but Spider-Man has a special effects heavy power-set that might not translate very effectively into TV.
    and like i've stated a bunch of times television on spidey wouldn't be that difficult. a little practice and practical effects wouldn't be so hard. many shows and movies have had successes with practical effects.

i really don't want the supporting casts to be shunned and the pacing to feel off especially showing off random arcs like kraven's last hunt and the death of jean dewolff. i mean by god having the death of jean dewolff as a second film to spiderman if rebooted is just stupid. the flash and betty dynamic wouldn't have that much focus either and having that as the main focus in a 2 and a half hour film is just odd. it's why tv is less difficult to do to tell a story

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mwriteword View Post
    I'm very, very, very skeptical of this. I'm normally a very believing and optimistic person, but when it comes to Spider-Man and the MCU, it's definitely a case of "I'll believe it when I see it." Until then, 3rd party announcements/rumors are not enough.

And if Sony already denied it, then all the more reason to not buy into all this. It's just heartbreak and disappointment waiting to happen...
    i care less about spiderman in the MCU. if Garfield reprises his role then i'm happy the guy deserves some good material. infact even in deleted scenes he captures peter very well like the scene where he helps out aunt may, where he's in connor's lair and when he's visiting harry at oscorp

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    i care less about spiderman in the MCU. if Garfield reprises his role then i'm happy the guy deserves some good material. infact even in deleted scenes he captures peter very well like the scene where he helps out aunt may, where he's in connor's lair and when he's visiting harry at oscorp
    Garfield IS Peter. Not finishing his story properly, the way Marc and Andrew wanted to in the first place, would be a crime.