Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderNerd View Post
    Garfield IS Peter. Not finishing his story properly, the way Marc and Andrew wanted to in the first place, would be a crime.
    the real crime would be continuing the path of the boring back-story about Peter's parents, imo

BANNED

I'm done giving garfield and Sony a chance. Some fanboys can support half assed portrayals of spidey I for one dont. A good spidey is a marvel one.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    the real crime would be continuing the path of the boring back-story about Peter's parents, imo
    Besides, the actors playing his parents are so bad they're almost robotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Besides, the actors playing his parents are so bad they're almost robotic.
    Yeah, but you have to remember that no one in these films, especially in ASM 2, had much of a script to work with. It's quite tragical.

why would Marvel want to share profits makes no sense
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    why would Marvel want to share profits makes no sense
    Because otherwise they would not have any share of the profits from the Spider-Man films. A percentage is better than zero.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

but why not focus on making previously obscure characters into their own blockbuster franchise i.e. Guardians of the Galaxy?

They don't have to share profits because they already have the full rights, which makes the most sense financially

Not that I'm against Spidey being introduced into the MCU, just saying.

They probably would never have made a GotG film or be making Black Panther & Captain Marvel if they had the rights to Spider-Man, X-Men, FF

The best thing Sony could do is make this deal. Say give the cinematic rights to Marvel but for the next 20 years Sony will receive 20% back end profits but also have to put up 20% of the front end cost for production... This would be the deal of a lifetime.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

BANNED

Spidey belongs to marvel by birthright, Sony making movies can't claim the character and frachise without marvels input and interpretation from marvels comicbook main source material.

Sony is just going ruin spidey's reputation as a a list iconic legend for the sake of being greedy. Movies are gonna make as much as most dc movies minus batman and spidey will not be able to make himself important as a superhero who is as big as the Avengers in the comics.

BANNED

It's not like Sony stole Spidey. Marvel sold them the rights fair and square. And as long as the movies continue to make them money, they'll keep on producing them. It also keeps them in the superhero movie game because no one is gonna sell off their IPs now except for a shitload of cash. They probably got Spider-Man for a steal.

The deal was made when Marvel was in a lot worse shape than they are now. And some prominent people who made the deal aren't at Marvel anymore.

I imagine that Marvel recognizes the same problems that Sony did. That these movies cost more, and more importantly make less, than movies that came out over a decade ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The deal was made when Marvel was in a lot worse shape than they are now. And some prominent people who made the deal aren't at Marvel anymore.

I imagine that Marvel recognizes the same problems that Sony did. That these movies cost more, and more importantly make less, than movies that came out over a decade ago.
    I mean, sucks for Marvel. Sometimes we make sacrifice when we're in debt. A deal is still a deal.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Spidey at Marvel, but Sony doesn't owe Marvel the character unless it was in the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I mean, sucks for Marvel. Sometimes we make sacrifice when we're in debt. A deal is still a deal.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Spidey at Marvel, but Sony doesn't owe Marvel the character unless it was in the contract.
    I agree. But I also think Sony needs to realize that people arn't really that interested in a Spider-Man centered universe where they make a bunch of different movies about the sinister 6 and a black cat movie of spider-woman movie. I think Spider-man has lost its cinematic appeal and Sony should capitalize now by selling it back to marvel.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

BANNED

Spider-Man is Marvel's greatest Superhero face though. Makes the comic buisness thrive for their company, he's also a good kid addiction toy wise. Marvel selling out to Sony is like selling batman being sold to dreamworks in terms of making movie about a iconic comic book superhero and not letting dc have any canon influence on the property.

Sony doesn't have the wisdom to capitalize spiderman movies right now and only got lucky because like someone else said was at the time a small puppy in the movie buisness and media.

Legally speaking, you're right. I think people are looking at this from a fan perspective.

But it's hard to feel sorry for Sony and their "creative vision."