Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    With a new Spider-Man, the problem isn't just the origin. It's the other elements of the status quo.

Incidentally, there is already a fantastic way to recap the essential beats of Spider-Man's origin: Open the film with a ten minute adaptation of the Kid Who Collects Spider-Man.
    That's a clever introduction. Heck, if we get a spiderman tv show I hope this becomes a pilot hopefully with andrew garfield reprising his role

Ultimate Member

We've seen the origin done in two different ways in the last ten years. We don't need to see it again. Marvel would probably still want to do "HS/early college" era Peter. Because they're seemingly so obsessed with him being the "face of youth." But I'd like to see a somewhat older/more stable Peter (late 20's/early 30's). That'd change things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I remember a David Fincher interview about the possibility of him directing a SM movie and he mentioned that the origin would be a silent montage with just the score playing and then the movie kicks in. I think that's the best way, just make a quick 5 min montage that establishes the events in Peter's life so far and jump into the main story.
    Fincher directing a superhero film is something I must see now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Fincher directing a superhero film is something I must see now.
    Which is funny since he insulted comic books and heroes last year I think.