Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Amazing X-Men #15 - Spoilers and Review

Writing

Christopher Yost is very thorough in regards to Cyttorak lore. I was half expecting him to drop names from the other Exemplars. The story is set in motion with a vision had by Colossus who then informs Storm of the rubys return. Storm is either having a bad day or has completely lost the plot, she grounds Colossus and sets out to find the ruby using the blackbird. This is quite jarring when you consider that Pixie is a long distance teleporter and can carry multiple passengers. Anyway...

Before they leave Storm berates Colossus for being "weak". Yost also drops a bomb by allowing that monster near mutant children. It's interesting to say the least mainly because this monsters competency has come into question over the last few Marvel stories and it seems strange that any person would be okay with them tutoring Pixie. Also Storms indifference here when contrasted with her reaction to Colossus is also quite weird. You would think the Headmistress of the school would have an opinion on this. Also Dr. Strange was not available? He was Pixie's tutor in New X-Men.

Later on we learn that Rockslide is still annoying, Firestar tries to tutor the X-Men on the Juggernaut. We also learn that Cain Marko was the best thing for Earth and the worst thing for Cyttorak given that he was a moron. The X-Men land at the temple to be confronted by some type of Cytorrak creature. Colossus disobeys Storm and hitches a ride with Pixie to the temple of Cytorrak.

Art

Art is pretty decent. Very clear, colouring is fine. Captures Storms crazy very well.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-14-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Great point. Wanda (the "Monster") gets possessed by the life force (that she sought from doom), by the Apoc Twins (manipulated, technically), by her own Inversion, By Mags back in the day, but Storm berates Colossus?!?!
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Great point. Wanda (the "Monster") gets possessed by the life force (that she sought from doom), by the Apoc Twins (manipulated, technically), by her own Inversion, By Mags back in the day, but Storm berates Colossus?!?!
    She goes for the easiest targets .

She listed out all of Colossus' mistakes. Not just the Phoenix thing. Also "Fall under the spell of Cyclops, or Cable, or your sister" is actually a line.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

I love the irony of the self-professed "goddess" telling the noble proletariat not to fall under the sway of false demigods.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    I love the irony of the self-professed "goddess" telling the noble proletariat not to fall under the sway of false demigods.
    It's not the first time. Hercules was right.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Yost also drops a bomb by allowing that monster near mutant children..
    Ah, but she's there for a reason - namely to pass on her skills of sorcerous genocide. So Wanda gets a free pass into the JGS until Pixie learns how to summon His Chthonic Majesty and the Many Angled Ones into the plane of mortals solo.

Which is totally a thing Storm wants because that will help mutants. Somehow.

The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

I decided to get this because I'm a fan of Juggernaut. It's my first issue of Amazing in awhile and probably my last.

The story was ok; I liked the Cyttorak history and lore. I HATED seeing Wanda at the school. What a slap in the face.

The art was terrible IMO. Colossus looks like a prepubescent boy with his tiny slender frame. Hopefully he becomes the Juggernaut again because that was the best thing to happen to him since he's no longer dead.

BANNED

Colossus should have choked her out again....

Lol Storm is such an ignorant b*tch. Accepting Wanda but whining about Colossus. Colossus did so much more for Mutant Kind than hypocrite Storm.

Colossus should just do exactly what he did in the last X-Men volume.

BANNED

This is going to be a classic!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Lawl. Storm is still pissed off that Cable's X-Force didn't suck half as hard as hers? Classic.

And what right does Storm have lecturing Peter on 'good decisions' when her ex-husband commits premeditated murder?

Her judge of character is laughable.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She listed out all of Colossus' mistakes. Not just the Phoenix thing. Also "Fall under the spell of Cyclops, or Cable, or your sister" is actually a line.
    Spells she herself fell into (followed Cyke, allowed Magik on their team, and was part of Eimins X-Force in Uncanny X-force, which included Cable.....)

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    She's making poor Colossus pay for building those food farms in Russia in AvX ;-;
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

She's making poor Colossus pay for building those food farms in Russia in AvX ;-;
    It's for his horrible act of putting crab legs on whales.