Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    I think it started that way. The making Storm look bad is in part I think to up the cred of Logan and Cyclops. A lot of characters have been made stupid for them but I think in this instant its to make us root for Piotr. I think they are prepping him for something. This type of stuff pulls me right out of a story. When conflict or progression isnt done in an organic way I find it a turn off. This is just over the top.
    Considering Christopher Yost is a massive fan of Storm and wrote World's Apart I think the opposite was intended and she came off badly by accident. Perhaps trying to hard too make her come across assertive.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Considering Christopher Yost is a massive fan of Storm and wrote World's Apart I think the opposite was intended and she came off badly by accident. Perhaps trying to hard too make her come across assertive.
    She wasn't assertive for a while, so you might be right.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Hmm... I dont know. I'm comparing this to the Storm mini and while she was strong she didnt come off as a raving fool. And perhaps they just like Piotr a little bit more? I just dont see how they could think this would make Storm look better or help get her back to prominence. Could be right, though.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-14-2015 at 03:32 PM.

The shrine outside Logan's room being made of beer cans is a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    And what right does Storm have lecturing Peter on 'good decisions' when her ex-husband commits premeditated murder?
    Forget that, what right does Storm have lecturing anyone on good decisions when she even married the Black Panther. No other X-Man has ever done anything that stupid. In all seriousness though it was very weird that she talked as if he became the Juggernaut because he was really into being the Avatar of destruction.

I actually did a double take when Wanda appeared there, likely because Kurt is looking for an opportunity to get in her pants. Good on Pixie for seeing her for what she is. Poor Megan has had enough crazy/evil women teaching her magic to last a lifetime. I wonder if having her and Colossus paired off like that is an opportunity to talk about the circumstances of Piotr gaining and losing the juggernaut powers.

Good/funny start to the arc as expected.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Niffleheim

Peter asking what Wolverine would do and being told that he would team up with a teenage girl to go kill some ppl was hilarious.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Peter asking what Wolverine would do and being told that he would team up with a teenage girl to go kill some ppl was hilarious.
    It's also accurate
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Beg to be hit by lightning?

As harsh as it sounds, Storm is right. Someone always has to take care of the brain-damaged Peter, and she's bored of it.
    Huh? No one takes care of Colossus, people just push their drama onto him and assign themselves these imaginary matriarchal roles. He's no more damaged or untrustworthy than any other long-time X-Man; Storm is acting like a snooty psycho.
    Last edited by sprior93; 01-14-2015 at 04:07 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    Huh? No one takes care of Colossus, people just push their drama onto him and assign themselves these imaginary matriarchal roles. He's no more damaged or untrustworthy than any other long-time X-Man; Storm is just a snooty psycho.
    Yes, he is brain-damaged which causes his rage issues (I think?). Warren Ellis solidified it into hard-adamantium canon during 90s. I mean, Blindfold of all people taught him what twitter was on Utopia.

If Ro were a psycho she would've killed him at school's gates and not bother to speak to him as simply as she can.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I wonder why Bitch!Emma works for fans but not Bitch!Storm?

BANNED

Bc BossStorm is a pale imitation of BossEmma.

It's the humour element. In this particular issue there was no humour. "Did I stutter" for example is just obnoxious.

I loved the Storm/Colossus scene. Colossus $*£%ed up, I'm totally ok with Storm calling him on that. A lot of senior X-Men aren't with the Gold side anymore and I can understand Storm being more impatient with the likes of Iceman and Colossus now. There is this passivity in Peter's character which I think would frustrate someone like Storm.

To me this felt like a genuine human interaction and was my favourite part of the whole series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Yes, he is brain-damaged which causes his rage issues (I think?). Warren Ellis solidified it into hard-adamantium canon during 90s. I mean, Blindfold of all people taught him what twitter was on Utopia.

If Ro were a psycho she would've killed him at school's gates and not bother to speak to him as simply as she can.
    Moira cured his 'brain damage' in Ellis's run; he needed something to explain his OOC portrayal.

Emma is naturally a bitch. Storm is one accidentally/unknowingly.

Redemption comes for Colossus in the end of this arc. Storm will be sulking in her garden by issue 4.

EDIT: I didn't hate the art, but why does everyone has Kirsten Dunst eyes? They look like they're all incredibly sleepy.