Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Nice image from Ramos
    Attachment 17840
    Love that varient showing the female spiders from across the years, though I gotta wonder why he drew Anya in her previous costume instead of her Spider-Girl look (though I'm not complaining about him drawing Ultimate Jessica as Spider-Woman instead of that awful Black Widow identity).

Also gotta say, under his art, Jessica's new look isn't half bad.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I wonder how the rest of the band (MJ, Glory, and Betty) will treat Gwen in this first arc since she was late for their major gig. I bet they will hate Spider-Gwen too and blame her for the gig being wrecked.

You forget Glory and Gwen seem rather close. Honestly, Glory and Betty might be more concerned over Gwen being missing for months. The writer did say that some time has passed since the concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    If the book ends up being a series of "hey, remember in Amazing Spider-Man # X when Peter _______? What if we do that with Gwen?", I won't bother with it. Using reader knowledge of the Spider-Man mythos to add a little color is good. If it's just plugging Gwen into Spider-Man scenarios, meh.
    I totally agree. I'm excited about Spider-Gwen, but I want to see winks to past Spider-Man stories rather than being hit over the head with them. I'm optimistic that this series will feel fresh and new, though. We'll find out soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Okay. This is driving me nuts.

Before this morning, I have never seen that word used in this way. I've almost always seen it used as a synonym for "office" or "practice" or "administration", like a "literary agency" or "Central Intelligence Agency". But then Kelly Thompson uses the word in this way for her Jupiter Ascending article and now you do, and I just don't get it. Is this the new buzzword for "strong female character-ism" or something like that? Because, on the surface, "take some agency away from her" makes no sense whatsoever, unless Mary Jane actually owns an agency.
    Yeah, "agency" is not a new term in literary analysis (nor philosophy, for that matter) and the definition provided does a pretty good job of explaining it. Here's a little more on the idea of character agency:

"Character agency is, to me, a demonstration of the character’s ability to make decisions and affect the story. This character has motivations all her own. She is active more than she is reactive. She pushes on the plot more than the plot pushes on her. Even better, the plot exists as a direct result of the character’s actions.

The story exists because of the character. The character does not exist because of the story.

Characters without agency tend to be like little paper boats bobbing down a river of your own making. They cannot steer. They cannot change the course of the river. The river is an external force that carries them along — meaning, the plot sticks its hand up the character’s cavernous bottom-hole and makes the character do things and say things in service to the plot."

One of the amazing things about Si Spurrier's run on X-Men: Legacy was Legion's desire to become someone with agency. Anyone who hasn't read that run really, really should. (Really.)

-Pav, who wants to cite his sources....

http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2014...omment-page-1/
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    You forget Glory and Gwen seem rather close. Honestly, Glory and Betty might be more concerned over Gwen being missing for months. The writer did say that some time has passed since the concert.
    Seeing how Silk#1 started it does not feel like Spider-verse last more than one week end for the characters.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Seeing how Silk#1 started it does not feel like Spider-verse last more than one week end for the characters.
    That's not true for all of them. Anyway, Latour mentioned it's been more than a month since Gwen was recruited by Spider-UK.