Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fire Embem

Okay, so this is obviously on my list, but whether or not I buy the eshop version or cartridge as the first game is another matter: the downloads are easier than having to swap/carry games around, but there's only so much space on the SD card and ours (32GB) is pretty much maxed.

A couple of questions though, since my kid sometimes likes to swap games with his mates over the weekends: if someone borrows his Fates and downloads the other game, is there some kind of serial code reader which will prevent us from being able to download the other game/s too? And, could one of his mates borrow our cartridge, download another version and have the full game, so that he could then go and download our title from his downloaded one?
    I'm curious about this because it could be an over-sight by Nintendo that ends up costing them quite a bit of cash... not that any consumers would complain.

Still, it's all theoretical since the cartridges tend to cost €10-20 more where I am than the downloads (for real!)... which is why our SD card is so full (the eshop also has much better offers than local game retailers).

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

If you download the game as an add-on than they need the physical copy of the other version to play it. If they download it as a full stand alone at a higher price than they won't need the physical game to play it.

Interesting. So if we bought the cartridge for say, Brithright, we wouldn't be able to play Conquest unless we had the Birthright cartridge inserted?

By this logic, there would only be the ONE Fates logo on our home screen and we'd have to load that and pick which version to play from there, once we'd downloaded all 3 games?

I'm asking because - as I said previously - our SD card is pretty much maxed out and I'm wondering whether or not to buy the download from the eshop or the physical game... though the download is looking like the hands-down better option (it just means that nobody can borrow it, which sucks... oh, and that it has zero resale value (not that I imagine it's the kind of game we'd part-exchange for something better).

In case anyone's wondering why I don't just buy a 64GB card: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Ni...e--719810.html
    Apparently, 32 is as high as it goes...

Yes. You must have the opposite version physical copy if you buy it at the reduced cost.

Also, if you have physical copies of both than they won't interact with each other. You'll still have to pay to unlock other paths and your support log and MyCastle stuff won't interchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Yes. You must have the opposite version physical copy if you buy it at the reduced cost.
    Is this a typo?
    I'm just finding it really strange that this game is even going to be on the eshop if it effectively means players will have to buy one version or the other (because nobody's going to pay €45 x 2 - especially if the first 6 chapters of each game are the same (as I've been led to believe).

You can buy all digital as DLC. However, they'll be tied to the first version that was bought at full price.

So, if you bought Digital Birthright and got the Digital Conquest at a discount that means to play Conquest you must first boot up your Birthright game as the paths will be tied to it.