Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire Embem

Astonishing Member

Default Fire Embem

I dunno how popular this series is on CBR, but today they just announced a new installment for 3DS, so just thought I would make a thread to talk about that, as well as the series in general.

Was kind of hoping for a Wii U installment, but excited for this. The map to battle transition looks great, and I'm guessing the blue haired girl is the new Lord.

Sooo excited for this, I loved Awakening (my first FE, though I had played the very similar Shining Force series before it).

BANNED

love the series, shame that i don't have any current gen systems, handheld or otherwise

Was one of the most exciting announcements at this Direct!

I love the new setting, looks like Feudal Japan~ which is a pretty big change from it's regular Medieval Europe setting it's normally in.
    Last edited by Step; 01-14-2015 at 02:37 PM.

I watched th flashy CGI intro trailer and I got excited thinking it was finally some more info on SMT X FE only to see it was a new Fire Emblem, I'm happy for a new Fire Emblem game but I am left disappointed it wasn't SMT X FE.

Extraordinary Member

Awakening was so good I'm more excited for this than I would have been for the Shin Megami Tensei crossover.

Its amazing how one game managed to bring a franchise back from the edge. They were going to end the franchise after Awakening, but now it is a major Nintendo franchise.

Just goes to show you that adding waifus is all you need.

I hope though the game has a serious overhaul or additions to it. Even though I liked Awakening, it is still basically the same game since I dont know when.

Also I am sad it isn't a continuation of the Awakening storyline.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    I watched th flashy CGI intro trailer and I got excited thinking it was finally some more info on SMT X FE only to see it was a new Fire Emblem, I'm happy for a new Fire Emblem game but I am left disappointed it wasn't SMT X FE.
    Tbh, that game doesn't interest me at all. Unless it ends up being like Hyrule Warriors, where it's purely FE characters with SMT mechanics.

I'm getting a kind of "East vs. West" vibe from this game. This game is called "Fire Emblem If" in Japan, but it looks like they are undecided on the English title.

(So glad to see Fire Emblem taking its rightful place as a major Nintendo franchise.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Tbh, that game doesn't interest me at all. Unless it ends up being like Hyrule Warriors, where it's purely FE characters with SMT mechanics.
    That doesn't really make much sense Fire Emblem has a constantly changing cast and Shin Megami Tensei can adapt to new gameplay styles with ease.

Astonishing Member

I'm not interested in actually having the characters cross over.

Astonishing Member

This actually looks awesome. The dual faction concept has a ton of potential.

There is going to be a 3rd scenario as dlc as well

So two versions, gay marriage and incest..quite the storm it's causing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    So two versions, gay marriage and incest..quite the storm it's causing at the moment.
    If they throw in some lolis they can get the controversy hat-trick.