Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire Embem

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    If they throw in some lolis they can get the controversy hat-trick.
    That will go down even better when its combined with the rubbing face amie thing.

They also have a big gal (which video games almost never have). I couldn't be more excited for this Fire Emblem.

I'm obviously going to snap this up, but.... This made me laugh, a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    They also have a big gal (which video games almost never have). I couldn't be more excited for this Fire Emblem.
    It's not the first time Fire Emblem's done it

No one likes you Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    It's not the first time Fire Emblem's done it

No one likes you Meg
    I LOVED Meg! It's just her unit sucked so much, like okay, she had a good speed growth, but because of her class that means it would never actually be that good, she can't kill anything, her defence sucked and she joined very underleveled.

I still used her though, just not as much as I liked and she was often more of hindrance lol

Who's the big girl in this FE?
    Last edited by Step; 07-03-2015 at 03:46 AM.

Default Fire Emblem games

Anyone into these? If so, what one was your favourite and has anyone here played Fates yet (as it still isn't out in Europe)?
    If you are playing it, do you have Birthright or Conquest and, should you have tried both, which would you recommend?

I bought Awakening the other day and I'm getting into it... even though the lack of feet (honestly, WTF?) is very irksome and the introduction wasn't too engaging from a storytelling perspective - waaay too clichéd JRPG.

So far I've played Shadow Dragon and the fan-subbed sequel for DS (nowhere near as good as S.D.) as well as Radient Dawn... which I stopped playing due to a combination of being stuck on some stupid level wherein I kept losing a character and it being on the Wii, when I prefer playing these titles on handhelds.

I'm a new fan to the series (first one was Awakening), and I *love* the gameplay mechanics of the games, but yeah... the stories are extremely lackluster. I skip all the cutscenes upon replaying, though I've only played Awakening and Birthright so far. I will say Fates is a bit too... weird? I guess it's a Japanese thing, but having my big-breasted big-sister come on to me was incredibly uncomfortable, as are some of the designs for the other characters (there's a female knight who wears next to nothing). I have a hard time taking a game seriously with stuff like that.

As for which one to play, why not both? I'd definitely play Birthright first and then Conquest, but if you're a die-hard, longtime fan of the series, Conquest might be more up your alley (my boyfriend played Conquest and it's definitely more difficult).

The first one I played was Path of Radiance, back on the GameCube. Stellar game really, I had a great bromance going between the main character and a mage called Soren. Really liked how it touched on themes like racism pretty effortlessly by having the different species be distrustful of each other based on clashes in the past. The ending is a little easy perhaps but I felt accomplished regardless.

There's a direct sequel (Radiant Dawn) to it on the original Wii in which you apparantly play with people in the kingdom you just spent an entire campaign ruining. Sounded really cool, but unfortunately it's both very hard to find and expensive.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    The first one I played was Path of Radiance, back on the GameCube. Stellar game really, I had a great bromance going between the main character and a mage called Soren. Really liked how it touched on themes like racism pretty effortlessly by having the different species be distrustful of each other based on clashes in the past. The ending is a little easy perhaps but I felt accomplished regardless.

There's a direct sequel (Radiant Dawn) to it on the original Wii in which you apparantly play with people in the kingdom you just spent an entire campaign ruining. Sounded really cool, but unfortunately it's both very hard to find and expensive.
    Radiant Dawn was great. It amped up the difficulty while also giving us one of the largest Fire Emblem campaigns ever. There were 3rd tier promotions, allowing you to effectively make level 60 characters, and you end up fighting dragons and gods in the end. It was quite epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Radiant Dawn was great... and you end up fighting dragons and gods in the end. It was quite epic.
    For real?
    I'm going to have to try to get back into it! And yes, the reviews mentioned it being a story set in the future to a previous game where the oppressors then, are now the oppressed - a nice switch.

And why not try both Conquest and Birthright?
    Well, if there are €45 each, then it's definitely one or the other, I'm afraid (and there's even supposed to be a 3rd game, which is included in the limited edition bundle... which is sold out everywhere and it's not even out yet!).

The first one I played was The Sacred Stones. Also played Awakening and will be picking up Birthright. Really enjoy the series.

If you buy either Conquest OR Birthright, you can download the other for 20 bucks. And the 3rd game for 20 bucks. It's out for download, and only download.

So €45 + €20 nets both games?
    I suppose that's a fair deal.

It's still not out yet in Europe though, and it sucks that we can't set up a MyNintendo account to qualify for a discount on the game (and other perks), because I set up the 3DS account info' up for my boy, who's under 13.

Do you know though if the 3rd game is a bona fide game or just some add-on missions, like those for optional purchase in Awakening? I've looked online but I didn't find anything to clarify this. Also, do you know if the €20 second title is a permanent offer, or only a release campaign to push sales?

Astonishing Member

Awakening is so far my only FE, I do have Conquest, but I want to tire with Awakening first.

God I love the character interactions and supports.

I'm on mission 17 so far and basically just hanging out leveling my characters up like hell. Or ranking since that's more important really.

I've had some of the story bits coming up spoiled for me but I've enjoyed it all so far.

I do hope eventually FE games have supports where every character has support conversations with the others. It's weird pairing up some characters only to realize they don't' HAVE ones with one another.

Tharja's are killing me to read.
    Donnel's too. He's just so endearing. He's trying so hard.

The 3rd game is an actual game (in the same sense that Birthright and Conquest are separate games) they're all parts of the same story. I think the pricing is permanent.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

All stories are canon too. The current DLC story references all 3 and pulls characters from like 26ish different universes to finish what Revelations started.