Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well the feelings didn't seem to be gone from her end during the latest X-Force run, so whenever Cable goes back to his old self it could happen again pretty easily I'd say...
    What feelings? Nathan and Domino haven't expressed any feelings for one another beyond just concern for a friend in many, many iterations of X-Force. I think it's been since the 90s since they've shown romantic feelings for one another. You continue to hold onto something that's not there, and hasn't been there in decades. In fact, Cable's most recent romantic flings were actually with Psylocke. Or at least his clones had sex with her. And Domino has been with Wolverine, Colossus, Warpath, Shang Chi, and now Colossus again in recent years. Face it, the Nathan-Neena ship has sailed... and sunk.

I like Domino and Colossus

But I still think Polaris and Colossus could become the true power X-Couple.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    What feelings? Nathan and Domino haven't expressed any feelings for one another beyond just concern for a friend in many, many iterations of X-Force. I think it's been since the 90s since they've shown romantic feelings for one another. You continue to hold onto something that's not there, and hasn't been there in decades. In fact, Cable's most recent romantic flings were actually with Psylocke. Or at least his clones had sex with her. And Domino has been with Wolverine, Colossus, Warpath, Shang Chi, and now Colossus again in recent years. Face it, the Nathan-Neena ship has sailed... and sunk.
    The 90's were at best 1 decade ago as it's only 2019, so no it hasn't sailed and sunk...as I doubt that it ever truly will...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I feel like Cable and Domino are the "friends with benefits" kind of people in most of their relationships including with each other.
    Which maybe for the best, very little drama.

They haven’t had romantic feelings for over twenty years. Ha. Some folks just can’t let go of the old 90s status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Eh, I think Colossus needs someone even more difficult and revolting to love.
    So Kitty Pryde?

Fantastic Member

They haven’t had romantic feelings for over twenty years. Ha. Some folks just can’t let go of the old 90s status quo.
    X-force: Sex and Violence was released in 2010 and featured Domino and Logan banging and killing people together.

It's not really a 90's thing. It's still pretty current, given that Cable and X-force where Domino and Colossus hooked up was only 3 years later.

What does Domino and Logan banging have to do with Cable and Domino being depicted romantically? I think you misunderstood. I was specifically referring to Nathan and her as being over as a couple. Which they have. Since the late 90s. Which was twenty years ago.

She and Logan, and Piotr, and Warpath and Shang-Chi, are all much more recent. As for Cable, they haven’t hooked up in decades in real time. Many years in comic book time. Plus he’s a kid now. It’s done. Put a fork in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Eh? Well, I suspect you disagree, but Whedon's run didn't really rely upon Claremont that much (and his references weren't just specific to Colossus--it was really meant to show Kitty coming back to the school as an adult and referencing several childhood instances/habits/events, most notably her history and relationship with Emma.. as an enemy). But I'm guessing you saying that means you didn't like them much then when it came to the picnic, the fastball special, the other moments they shared/interactions they had.. which is fine, but I definitely did like them! That said, sure, Gugg's run never really made them all that believable.

I don't really think their relationship is based off of childhood feelings (though that is hard to get away from with anyone you've known for so long.. that's not unique to them, though, that's just life and how we work as humans.. and mutants). Most notably because even when they aren't dating (see: Cable and X-force) they still support one another and believe in each other as people. They weren't dating but Kitty still visited him in the prison and (rightfully) didn't believe he was some awful person for what they were sent in for, even if they were not exactly on great terms then. Piotr has less of those moments, but has generally been shown supportive of whatever she does (beyond warren ellis, that is).

I tend to think the introvert/extrovert, logical vs emotional aspects of them tend to work pretty well. Kitty is more prone to impulse and emotional outbursts (which are sometimes biting, because of her intelligence), whereas Piotr is tempered but more wise than intelligent, balancing out each other's weak spots.. which I think works well. But, y'know, not trying to harp. I mostly just think most people don't know how to write Piotr as anything more than a russian brute, and kitty as much more than a love interest to somebody, which leads to some boring moments. But then is that the relationship or just poor characterization in general? You can't really get a good relationship arc from bland characterization to begin with, I'd say. In much the same way that I think Kitty would/should be a great leader of the X-men (or the Marauders now), but she's historically been shown to be a rather piss-poor school headmistress and leader of an X-man team.. but I don't so much attribute that to the character as I do the writing at the time. But that is somewhat murky in becoming extremely subjective there, admittedly.

Illyana is another topic altogether, but suffice to say I don't see how "if it was meant to be it'd have happened by now" to be much of a logical argument at all. It's easily countered with: He killed himself to save all of mutant kind, Kitty took a bullet for Earth to go MIA for years, he took a juggernaut curse for her because she manipulated him into it just to make a point while intentionally letting her brother suffer its effects well aware she could end it anytime. Hor does it make much sense from her to begin with, seeing as how kitty and piotr literally read bedtime stories to her and she's been nothing but supportive of them up until then for her entire life.. but yeah. I wouldn't say Illyana 'called them out' so much as 'inadvertantly caused problems between two people she cares for more than anyone else because she has serious interpersonal relationship problems of her own she's projecting by accident onto a bride the night before her wedding when her nerves are in all kinds of knots', but it's impossible to say considering they never really addressed it beyond 'sorry I shouldn't have said that / no it's ok'. Super weird how Illyana never even talked to her own brother about it, even, given she sort'a altered his life by accident there (and she's been gleefully happy to let him know when she did it intentionally to cause him pain, as out of character as that was to me, also).

But I suppose I just don't see it as defined by their childhood feelings. It started that way but I don't think that's what maintains any of it to current-day.. I mean, AoXM kind of proved that, didn't it? They were drawn together not because of their past relationship (which they didn't even remember)*. I wouldn't call it solely a nostalgia 'ship, but understandable if you feel they should be moving on from past relationships and stop revisiting the past (though I think that's rather unlikely for any marvel character, relationship or otherwise).
    Well said. Unfortunately, a lot of the Peter/Kitty naysayers are into the Kitty/Illyana relationship. Trust me, I am an open minded guy, I couldn't care less who likes who, but that weird fanfiction is very popular on these boards. I am not saying I am shipping for Peter (enough of the Warren Ellis Piotr crap, yes that is his birth name, but until he showed up to be a villian in Excalibur, everyone called him Peter. You can tell if a writer likes him or not if other character refer to him as Peter or Piotr) and Kitty to get back again...yet. But call the relationship for what it is...Magik meddles in the two of them being happy. A lot. So I do not like Illyana, I used to, but not anymore.

I think his next arc, whenever it eventually happens, will be Peter dealing with his drinking problem. The thing with Donimo seems cool, but from what I read, he will not be a full-time member of the team. So whenever JDW decides he can come back (and that editor is not a fan of Colossus at all), I think the booze thing will pop up. Which is fine, being a recovering alcoholic will be another dimension to Peter's character, but chances are eventually a writer who does not like him will make him relapse and hit Kitty or whoever they hook him up with.

Fantastic Member

What does Domino and Logan banging have to do with Cable and Domino being depicted romantically? I think you misunderstood. I was specifically referring to Nathan and her as being over as a couple. Which they have. Since the late 90s. Which was twenty years ago.

She and Logan, and Piotr, and Warpath and Shang-Chi, are all much more recent. As for Cable, they haven’t hooked up in decades in real time. Many years in comic book time. Plus he’s a kid now. It’s done. Put a fork in it.
    Yeah that's my bad, thought you were saying Logan/Domino hadn't been a thing since the 90's. I think Cable and Domino haven't been a thing for a while, but to be honest, they were shown together in Domino's annual (along with Domino/Warpath and Domino/colossus), so YMMV. They're still referencing his romance with her in some way so it's kind of up to you to decide how important it is, Cable was shown bathing with her but the narrative text wasn't as much about their relationship as his fight, versus Colossus' mention right after which was more about the two of them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    Well said. Unfortunately, a lot of the Peter/Kitty naysayers are into the Kitty/Illyana relationship. Trust me, I am an open minded guy, I couldn't care less who likes who, but that weird fanfiction is very popular on these boards. I am not saying I am shipping for Peter (enough of the Warren Ellis Piotr crap, yes that is his birth name, but until he showed up to be a villian in Excalibur, everyone called him Peter. You can tell if a writer likes him or not if other character refer to him as Peter or Piotr) and Kitty to get back again...yet. But call the relationship for what it is...Magik meddles in the two of them being happy. A lot. So I do not like Illyana, I used to, but not anymore.

I think his next arc, whenever it eventually happens, will be Peter dealing with his drinking problem. The thing with Donimo seems cool, but from what I read, he will not be a full-time member of the team. So whenever JDW decides he can come back (and that editor is not a fan of Colossus at all), I think the booze thing will pop up. Which is fine, being a recovering alcoholic will be another dimension to Peter's character, but chances are eventually a writer who does not like him will make him relapse and hit Kitty or whoever they hook him up with.
    Yeah, I mean, that is basically what spurns the whole kiotr dislike on these boards.. people who want to ship kitty with his sister. Which is fine in and of itself (mostly.. I feel like they choose to ignore the even bigger age gap and dynamic they had pay back when while citing the age cap kitty/piotr had), but kind of silly on the whole. Vehemently hating kiotr doesn't make kitty and illyana more likely to stop seeing one another as sisters.. which they have for decades.

I'd like to see Piotr make an effort to get over his drinking that results whenever he has issues (most often with Kitty or losing Illyana..) but yeah, it's hard to say. Kind of a shame editors have so much influence, though the fact that hickman seemingly got past them to take over more creative control means that it's slightly more likely.. maybe? hard to say, I was interested in seeing more of his recover until the whole AoXM thing which they repeatedly say isn't an AU/is canon, which means they sort of just avoided dealing with the fallout of their wedding and the feelings both had about it in order to wipe their memories of it all.. and then uh rebooted things and yeah, just avoided addressing it almost entirely.

X-FORCE #7 & #8
    BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • JOSHUA CASSARA (A)
    CoverS by DUSTIN WEAVER
    MISS FORTUNE STRIKES!
    Domino’s luck seems to be changing… Can she find the source of her misfortune before it costs lives all over the world? And has Colossus healed enough to help her… or even himself?
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Parental Advisory …$3.99 (EACH)

BANNED

All-New Member

I hope Colomino will be back for good.