Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

holy necro.

I hadn't read Domino's annual though, apparently need to pick it up, though if that's all there is of domilossus maybe not. That's a cute scene though. Maybe they are gonna try to go that route again. I would expect Domino/Logan to hook up again before Domino/Colossus, but I guess their stint in X-force made a decent impression on some people (even if its creation was partly because Kitty was being taken elsewhere..).

I get this. Piotr is a gigantic bore bag when he's paired up with anyone semi-responsible, and Cable has too much baggage for Doms. Long live Domilossus.

Cable is also now a kid. And Logan, well, he was just a friend with benefits. Agreed. Long live Domilossus.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sorry if this is out of place but how did Cable and Domino ended???

Eh, I think Colossus needs someone even more difficult and revolting to love.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Legit they basically ended when Domilossus began in Cable and the X-force. It's possible they will become a thing again, but Cable's.. de-aged? or something, so seems unlikely in his current iteration.

and Domilossus literally began as a one night stand that just became a more-night-stand, so I think it's fairly equally likely that Domino could hook up with Logan or Piotr? but we'll see how it goes. Piotr wasn't listed as being part of the main team but was on the cover, so it's kind of up in the air how prominent a presence he'll have at all.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Legit they basically ended when Domilossus began in Cable and the X-force. It's possible they will become a thing again, but Cable's.. de-aged? or something, so seems unlikely in his current iteration.

and Domilossus literally began as a one night stand that just became a more-night-stand, so I think it's fairly equally likely that Domino could hook up with Logan or Piotr? but we'll see how it goes. Piotr wasn't listed as being part of the main team but was on the cover, so it's kind of up in the air how prominent a presence he'll have at all.
    Thanks, so there wasn't any bad drama between Domino and Nathan, cool

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I’m not sure. I think they just kind of fizzled out when Cable left her to take care of X-Force but someone more equipped with that Cable canon, please correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    I get this. Piotr is a gigantic bore bag when he's paired up with anyone semi-responsible, and Cable has too much baggage for Doms. Long live Domilossus.
    Exactly this. A straight edge, friendly giant can’t play off another straight edge. That’s why I even prefer Callisto to Kitty. There may have been some weird appeal during Claremont, but as adults, I don’t see how anyone can see KittyPiotr as an interesting relationship to write about besides just doing nostalgic callbacks.

Ultimate Member

Well the feelings didn't seem to be gone from her end during the latest X-Force run, so whenever Cable goes back to his old self it could happen again pretty easily I'd say...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Exactly this. A straight edge, friendly giant can’t play off another straight edge. That’s why I even prefer Callisto to Kitty. There may have been some weird appeal during Claremont, but as adults, I don’t see how anyone can see KittyPiotr as an interesting relationship to write about besides just doing nostalgic callbacks.
    To me that just sounds so strange. Is Jean and Scott a boring couple without Logan interrupting, or Emma tempting, or Phoenix corrupting? Because it's somewhat of the same thing there.

There's nothing wrong with an altruistic relationship. I certainly wouldn't call it boring, in the x-men world with constant world-ending problems and mind controlling and death, one of the rarest things in the comics is a healthy, happy relationship between two people who share the same values while still being different from one another. Kitty is more extroverted and emotional and piotr is more introverted and logical and they play off of each other well (not to mention classic power juxtapositioning and a history of combining their powers in interesting ways).

but I digress. I know some people just don't care for it, but I think it's little more than lazy writing to say you have to have conflict to have an interesting relationship. Which is more toward the writers themselves, if it wasn't clear, classically having no idea how to write them together or even break them up, as with both of their most recent splits--Juggerlossus and wedding both making no real sense.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Domilossus just sounds likes a giant dominatrix.

wew
    "Cable was right!"

To me that just sounds so strange. Is Jean and Scott a boring couple without Logan interrupting, or Emma tempting, or Phoenix corrupting? Because it's somewhat of the same thing there.

There's nothing wrong with an altruistic relationship. I certainly wouldn't call it boring, in the x-men world with constant world-ending problems and mind controlling and death, one of the rarest things in the comics is a healthy, happy relationship between two people who share the same values while still being different from one another. Kitty is more extroverted and emotional and piotr is more introverted and logical and they play off of each other well (not to mention classic power juxtapositioning and a history of combining their powers in interesting ways).

but I digress. I know some people just don't care for it, but I think it's little more than lazy writing to say you have to have conflict to have an interesting relationship. Which is more toward the writers themselves, if it wasn't clear, classically having no idea how to write them together or even break them up, as with both of their most recent splits--Juggerlossus and wedding both making no real sense.
    I’m not saying there has to be conflict, but there has to be a dynamic in a relationship that is interesting enough to write about. What can you write about with Kittylossus without falling back on what Claremont. No relationship shouldd just be based off of feelings felt in childhood and nothing more. With Jean and Scott, their feelings for each other are often forged not just by their childhood bond but tragic loss and unfortunate circumstances. Kitty, in her current iteration, is a stone-cold, no nonsense leader. Their extrovert/introvert works in a vacuum, but how they carry themselves would never lead to any interesting dialogue. Whereas we got a fun dynamic off of Domino’s carefree and daring personality to Colossus’ lenient demeanor but respect for rules.

This isn’t to say that there isn’t a writer out there who could probably do something interesting with Kittylossus, but has anyone so far without just bringing up Claremont’s run? No. But Juggerlossus made perfect sense because Colossus embodies senseless sacrifice moreso than any other X-Man. He pushes people over to sacrifice himself and I can easily see someone like Kitty not just sticking around till he pops back to the Status Quo to date her again. The wedding breakup makes more sense in a meta-textual narrative than an in-universe reason. Their relationship being defined as “yeah we worked when we were younger, we get a nice spark when we get together but not too long after, something goes horribly wrong and we break up” rinse and repeat was finally called out by Illyana, both perfect and worst person to do it, and then Kitty soon after became self-aware.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m not saying there has to be conflict, but there has to be a dynamic in a relationship that is interesting enough to write about. What can you write about with Kittylossus without falling back on what Claremont. No relationship shouldd just be based off of feelings felt in childhood and nothing more. With Jean and Scott, their feelings for each other are often forged not just by their childhood bond but tragic loss and unfortunate circumstances. Kitty, in her current iteration, is a stone-cold, no nonsense leader. Their extrovert/introvert works in a vacuum, but how they carry themselves would never lead to any interesting dialogue. Whereas we got a fun dynamic off of Domino’s carefree and daring personality to Colossus’ lenient demeanor but respect for rules.

This isn’t to say that there isn’t a writer out there who could probably do something interesting with Kittylossus, but has anyone so far without just bringing up Claremont’s run? No. But Juggerlossus made perfect sense because Colossus embodies senseless sacrifice moreso than any other X-Man. He pushes people over to sacrifice himself and I can easily see someone like Kitty not just sticking around till he pops back to the Status Quo to date her again. The wedding breakup makes more sense in a meta-textual narrative than an in-universe reason. Their relationship being defined as “yeah we worked when we were younger, we get a nice spark when we get together but not too long after, something goes horribly wrong and we break up” rinse and repeat was finally called out by Illyana, both perfect and worst person to do it, and then Kitty soon after became self-aware.
    Eh? Well, I suspect you disagree, but Whedon's run didn't really rely upon Claremont that much (and his references weren't just specific to Colossus--it was really meant to show Kitty coming back to the school as an adult and referencing several childhood instances/habits/events, most notably her history and relationship with Emma.. as an enemy). But I'm guessing you saying that means you didn't like them much then when it came to the picnic, the fastball special, the other moments they shared/interactions they had.. which is fine, but I definitely did like them! That said, sure, Gugg's run never really made them all that believable.

I don't really think their relationship is based off of childhood feelings (though that is hard to get away from with anyone you've known for so long.. that's not unique to them, though, that's just life and how we work as humans.. and mutants). Most notably because even when they aren't dating (see: Cable and X-force) they still support one another and believe in each other as people. They weren't dating but Kitty still visited him in the prison and (rightfully) didn't believe he was some awful person for what they were sent in for, even if they were not exactly on great terms then. Piotr has less of those moments, but has generally been shown supportive of whatever she does (beyond warren ellis, that is).

I tend to think the introvert/extrovert, logical vs emotional aspects of them tend to work pretty well. Kitty is more prone to impulse and emotional outbursts (which are sometimes biting, because of her intelligence), whereas Piotr is tempered but more wise than intelligent, balancing out each other's weak spots.. which I think works well. But, y'know, not trying to harp. I mostly just think most people don't know how to write Piotr as anything more than a russian brute, and kitty as much more than a love interest to somebody, which leads to some boring moments. But then is that the relationship or just poor characterization in general? You can't really get a good relationship arc from bland characterization to begin with, I'd say. In much the same way that I think Kitty would/should be a great leader of the X-men (or the Marauders now), but she's historically been shown to be a rather piss-poor school headmistress and leader of an X-man team.. but I don't so much attribute that to the character as I do the writing at the time. But that is somewhat murky in becoming extremely subjective there, admittedly.

Illyana is another topic altogether, but suffice to say I don't see how "if it was meant to be it'd have happened by now" to be much of a logical argument at all. It's easily countered with: He killed himself to save all of mutant kind, Kitty took a bullet for Earth to go MIA for years, he took a juggernaut curse for her because she manipulated him into it just to make a point while intentionally letting her brother suffer its effects well aware she could end it anytime. Hor does it make much sense from her to begin with, seeing as how kitty and piotr literally read bedtime stories to her and she's been nothing but supportive of them up until then for her entire life.. but yeah. I wouldn't say Illyana 'called them out' so much as 'inadvertantly caused problems between two people she cares for more than anyone else because she has serious interpersonal relationship problems of her own she's projecting by accident onto a bride the night before her wedding when her nerves are in all kinds of knots', but it's impossible to say considering they never really addressed it beyond 'sorry I shouldn't have said that / no it's ok'. Super weird how Illyana never even talked to her own brother about it, even, given she sort'a altered his life by accident there (and she's been gleefully happy to let him know when she did it intentionally to cause him pain, as out of character as that was to me, also).

But I suppose I just don't see it as defined by their childhood feelings. It started that way but I don't think that's what maintains any of it to current-day.. I mean, AoXM kind of proved that, didn't it? They were drawn together not because of their past relationship (which they didn't even remember)*. I wouldn't call it solely a nostalgia 'ship, but understandable if you feel they should be moving on from past relationships and stop revisiting the past (though I think that's rather unlikely for any marvel character, relationship or otherwise).

BANNED

Domino and Wolverine? Sounds like they jumped the shark...they shouldnt even be friends yet alone together. What a stupid horrible idea it was to push that.

holy necro.

I hadn't read Domino's annual though, apparently need to pick it up, though if that's all there is of domilossus maybe not. That's a cute scene though. Maybe they are gonna try to go that route again. I would expect Domino/Logan to hook up again before Domino/Colossus, but I guess their stint in X-force made a decent impression on some people (even if its creation was partly because Kitty was being taken elsewhere..).
    Logan and Piort had more or less the same relationship with Domino (in the sense that they were FWB), so either is equally likely, HFW also has Domino remembering her relationship with Wolverine.

For another side, Domino currently doesn't seem to be big on monogamy, in that annual she sleep with Warthpath and Colossus, so most likely she would make time for both
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona