View Poll Results: Should we create discussion threads for:

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Issues

0 0%
  • Series

16 100.00%

Default Threads for Issues or Series?

I was thinking for posting here, would it be better to do a new thread for each issue of a series, or have one thread for the entire series?

Example: say I want to talk about the new issue of Deadly Class, do I make a thread called "Deadly Class #9" or should we just have a single thread for all Deadly Class discussion?

I bring this up because I feel like I create a lot of threads for individual issue reviews that get like 2 posts each. I think it would reduce clutter to have a single thread for series and we can condense all previews and reviews (along with other discussion) into those single threads.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

I'm a fan of the general discussion threads for each series. I understand why CBR posts individual threads for each preview, but I prefer the series threads.

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Yeah, I like the general discussion threads better. Like instead of talking about each issue of East of West, I have been posting on the East of West appreciation thread.

I also prefer the series threads. Less clutter.

I'm all for the series thread. I know I generally look at the appreciation threads for general talk about a series. It's just easier and less clutter when I'm looking at past pages for threads I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I also prefer the series threads. Less clutter.
    Exactly this. I much prefer a one-stop spot for discussion anyway.

Incredible Member

Threads as well although I have a question. I've been into comics for a few years now and been visiting this site constantly. I visit some others, but this is the biggest one anyway, I think. Anyhow, I always figured that people who do read comic books are also the ones to visit message boards and such (not because of any comic book guy stereotype, mind you. It's just that geek media always seems to attract discussion). So I must say I've been a bit disappointed when most threads for new issues only have few replies (as opposed t comment sections for episodes of TV on nay given board). Are there some other more active places out there or does the majority of comic book readers simply not visit boards?
    Last edited by Shaggy; 01-12-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Threads as well although I have a question. I've been into comics for a few years now and been visiting this site constantly. I visit some others, but this is the biggest one anyway, I think. Anyhow, I always figured that people who do read comic books are also the ones to visit message boards and such (not because of any comic book guy stereotype, mind you. It's just that geek media always seems to attract discussion). So I must say I've been a bit disappointed when most threads for new issues only have few replies (as opposed t comment sections for episodes of TV on nay given board). Are there some other more active places out there or does the majority of comic book readers simply not visit boards?
    Compared to some others, comic book fandom is actually a fairly small group. Then it's a matter of fragmenting that group down to those die-hard enough to hit message boards in the first place, then the ones who like Image, and the ones who have something substantial to say each issue and...yeah, it gets to be a pretty small numbers.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Series would be easier. Sure I like commenting on certain previews, but I would also vote series threads.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Compared to some others, comic book fandom is actually a fairly small group. Then it's a matter of fragmenting that group down to those die-hard enough to hit message boards in the first place, then the ones who like Image, and the ones who have something substantial to say each issue and...yeah, it gets to be a pretty small numbers.
    Pretty much this. Image also puts out so many different types of titles that the interest in each book is dramatically smaller than say Marvel or DC where it's mostly superhero and a lot of books are cohesive with others.

We can have generalized discussion threads for certain books, and we have some already. But any preview or review thread created by CBR News cannot be merged with any generalized discussion thread.
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|RAT QUEENS|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM