Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I liked all those characters. Most of the criticism was pretty irrational coming form crybabies. Not like peeps complaining about Terri Baltimore, she was crap. If TBIII rejected his society's norms and "heritage" that makes him even cooler! We need more non PC friendly characters pandering to weeping extreme leftists that still manage to upset the right wing conservatives.
    who is Terri Baltimore?

BANNED

She's Ghost in the Shell. It's annoying just looking at her. X-Treme X-Men #6 or something.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I would really like to see them bring back Slipstream . He had a very cool powerset and I like the short lived romance between him and Storm.
    I don't remember there ever being an actual romance between the two, more that he had the hots for her and that was about as far as it went...but yeah he needs to stay gone and forgotten.

I wonder in which series Lifeguard will appear.

Mike Carey

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Still no sign of either of then in House of X, Powers of X or the 6 Dawn of X series.

Depressing to say, but I think weer can conclude they are gone forever from the x-books
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post

I am excited that she will appear again. My guess is that she will be the connection to the Shi'ar - possibly seen in the New Mutants title when they are in space? But I sure wish we could get Neal back.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Maybe, but we all know how consistent X-writers are with Codenames, Right Meltdown...Boomer..Boom Boom...time Bomb.... But it's not just the codename I am rereading XXM and Tbird just comes off as a chump. Lifeguard and her brother Slipstream (I don't EVEN know) swoop in, and the whole group falls in love. I remember reading it at the same time New X-men (Morrison came out) and I was really enjoying both books, but then Tbird, literally forgets Psylocke in a whole five minutes, and falls in love with a Blonde Golden Armored Pam Anderson. And Storm falls in love with a Justin Timberlake (with lamer hair) Surfer. So while Storm is babysitting JTT Bishop is walking around in Daisy Dukes being hit on by Sage (creeeeepy) or ignored. The whole super blonde hair, blue eyed, uber-sexy thing is such a tired trope that settling the brown people up with them just makes it icky. I'm not saying that Storm should have been with bishop (before than I had no opinion either way) But to see this veteran x-men prattle to her BFF Jean on and on about how Slipstream takes her dancing, and steals her breath away is laughable. New X-men at least had Angel, Xorn (i know I know, but he started off Asian) and even Radian and Tattoo were kinda cool. I also thought that since the only other characters brought to the XXM were Cannonball, Magma, Lila Cheney, Wolverine, and a newly lightened Sunspot! The characters of Lifeguard and Tbird left a taste in the readers mouths so icky that any hope of new interesting characters were dashed. So glad I chose NXM. I'm sure these are people here love Tbird, and Lifeguard, and I'm not trying to crap on them, but this thread just happened to concide with my re-reading the book. *rants over* but it just irks me that these guys are powered up walking around while Jubilee, Moonstar, Tag, Hub, Artie, Angel,Tarot, Donyell, Feral, Thornn, Bandit, even that creepy rat face kid from the "Murder at the Mansion" etc. are either dead or depowered. *rant really over*

i get what your saying but i think when lifeguard transformed into the shiar gold bird hybrid that was when she started to become interesting. she was a beautiful morally upright character who was suddenly dealing with bestial tendencies and a mutating appearance. she had a lot of untapped potential while thunderbird was just....well useless. i really wish they killed him off.

Neal was shown on one of the variant covers. I'm, sure he'll be written in

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    i get what your saying but i think when lifeguard transformed into the shiar gold bird hybrid that was when she started to become interesting. she was a beautiful morally upright character who was suddenly dealing with bestial tendencies and a mutating appearance. she had a lot of untapped potential while thunderbird was just....well useless. i really wish they killed him off.
    No more death to Men of color mutants. We have had enough unnecessary death. You might not like the character. That is your prerogative. But I am sure a young male of color (particularly south Asian ) appreciates seeing him in a book. Just ignore him if you happen to stumble upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Neal was shown on one of the variant covers. I'm, sure he'll be written in
    I have not seen that variant cover anywhere....

Ultimate Member

Just keep Neal away from Betsy, wonder if he'd care that his ex-fiancé that he just forgot all about is being used to threaten mutants...

And again John Proudstar was Thunderbird 1, James Proudstar was Thunderbird 2, Neal was Thunderbird 3...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I wish he would return as well but so fast no sign. Not even on the big spread. So chances are slim.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Just keep Neal away from Betsy, wonder if he'd care that his ex-fiancé that he just forgot all about is being used to threaten mutants...

And again John Proudstar was Thunderbird 1, James Proudstar was Thunderbird 2, Neal was Thunderbird 3...
    neal needs an authentic South Asian name/alias. When Clairmont created him, he intended to give him such, but the editors back then weren't so worldly - pre-barrack Obama days.