Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Lifeguard & T-Bird II, who could write them well?

A long long time ago, we had two X-Treme promising X-Men: Lifeguard and T-Bird III. Even their codenames are doubtable, they were kindo cool.

Now decades later, they are the 2 living and still powered ex X-Men who haven't been used for more then a decade.

Which writer should be (wo)man enough to bring them back in the X-books and write them in a honorable way?

lifeguard00.jpg
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Unglaublich!

Claremont.

Although why Guggenheim chose not to use Lifeguard in his recent X-Men arc is beyond me... especially considering it was strongly hinted that she was Deathbird's child!

I'm not sure we'll ever see Neal Sharra again as I seem to remember CC saying somewhere that the character just didn't click with the audience. But he could've been a nice (continuity-wise) addition to any of the storylines involving Omega Sentinel, seeing as how she was his significant other and all that in the beginning....

Well Neal could be reintroduced under Rememder.

I don't understand either. It seems they want to make use of newer characters. Or ones with even worse names imo. Apparently Goldballs, Snot and Glob are better characters to use.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

You would think they had a reason to keep them powered after M-Day. Which was kind of created to get rid of the mutants they did not want to use anymore.

Both were great characters, so I would love to see them return, but not in a book by Bendin!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Ultimate Member

Not sure, CC admitted that Neal failed as a character, the only reason that he had anything with Psylocke was because he needed to get her into X-treme and wasn't bringing Warren along, as Neal was never originally supposed to ever date her so I'd rather that part of his past be ignored...iirc CC also wanted to use a different codename...odd that Thunderbird II is still alive and nobody asked if they could use the name as the first two Thunderbird's were brothers...as for Lifeguard the writer would probably have to tone down her powers somehow, otherwise she could solve any problem with anything.