Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default "Wonder Woman's" Meredith & David Finch Discuss Donna Troy's New 52 Introduction

The married creators discuss bringing fan-favorite DC Comics character Donna Troy back to comics with one major change: she's now a villain.

Full article here.

Looks like Hecate was the sorceress, which is a little disappointing.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Looks like Hecate was the sorceress, which is a little disappointing.

Agreed. Like this book really needs another public domain character introduced into it. I'd rather the Finchs had used Dark Angel. Ah well, at least they brought Donna into the book and the story is interesting so far.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

So they have basically 'Wally-fied' Donna because Meredith couldn't bother with a little research on her own... yeah, that will endear both character and creator to the fans...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    So they have basically 'Wally-fied' Donna because Meredith couldn't bother with a little research on her own... yeah, that will endear both character and creator to the fans...
    "When I found out that I was going to have the opportunity to bring Donna back into the DCU I researched her various origin stories."

Donna as a villain is annoying but hopefully this ends with Diana showing Donna the truth and gaining an ally (like she did with her villains back in the old days)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post
    "When I found out that I was going to have the opportunity to bring Donna back into the DCU I researched her various origin stories."
    And than she proceeded to remove Donna's greatest feature: her heart. Sorry, but from the sounds of it, Meredith has read about the various origins from somewhere other than in actual comicbooks.

Marked up as another Titan nearly completely ruined by the New 52.

I mean, I get that they had to use her full name, but if she is being created by Hecate and that Amazon, it feels weird that she is referred to as having a last name. Wouldn't it have been just "Rise Donna" lol. That read so weird.
    Richard Alexander

Fantastic Member

I almost stopped reading this interview whne the interviewer began with that Taylor Swift reference to not mixed but mostly 'positive reviews'. SMH. I was more impressed with the Finche's responses however. I've hated these two issues. I imagine introducing Donna Troy as a villian will not endear the Finches to many Donna Troy fans either but I kind of like the idea of this is Wonder Woman without the heart. Wonder Woman has been affecting 'villians' with her spirit since her conception and this gives Meredith the ability to show one of one of Wonder Woman's best qualities at work. I just have little faith that Meredith will get it right and write the transformation of Donna Troy in a compelling way. Here's hoping I'm proven wrong.

Naturally (sadly) she has a sword. You're not a trendy superheroine unless you wield a sword. Sigh...