Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Actually, villain is exactly what I mean. Factoring in the new back story, I think that making Donna into a compelling villain(or Amazon hard-liner, if you prefer) seems like the most interesting thing that can come of this.
    Why exactly would it be more interesting than just having her be a hero?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why exactly would it be more interesting than just having her be a hero?
    Bizarro "coup" type back story leading into the character becoming a villain with her own agenda seems far more interesting than any story-based turn towards being a hero that I can see this writer coming up with.

BANNED

Bizarro "coup" type back story leading into the character becoming a villain with her own agenda seems far more interesting than any story-based turn towards being a hero that I can see this writer coming up with.
    Donna doesn't has a agenda of her own, she is just following orders

I just find it funny how people seem okay with turning Ares into a mentor yet most of Diana's female supporting cast are used antagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Donna doesn't has a agenda of her own, she is just following orders
    The monster deciding he had his own agenda is what made Frankenstein brilliant.

I just find it funny how people seem okay with turning Ares into a mentor yet most of Diana's female supporting cast are used antagonists.
    I didn't decide to make them antagonists.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Alot of what Gaelforce mentioned happened in the Azz run which I know you liked tremendously. So, if they retcon this 'mess', it would mean to retcon the Azz run as well. I am pretty sure you don't mean that.
    I was refering just for the donna case, zeus being her father I wouldn't mind in any way. cassie and hipollyta melted stone is not Azz fault

Hecate, eh? My guess was Dark Angel but either way I figured the Sorceress was going to be the character they plan to develop as WW's arch-nemesis, and still do. So Hecate it is. The possibility of it being Donna is just smoke and mirrors. She's an opponent to the throne, not a villain. And even the opponent aspect is not going to last. Hence why they say "Potential villain". They're just safeguarding their story, but one can see where its all leading just by reading between the lines. When Wonder Woman ultimately defeats her, she will show Donna mercy, and her heart will begin to grow from that act.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-15-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't expect the villain thing to last at all. I'm more upset that the New 52 lead to Donna getting a wildly different origin. When the reboot happened, they had the perfect opportunity to simplify her origin back to the "Who is Donna Troy" origin, and could have given the sister relationship some actual weight by exploring Diana and Donna growing up together, which none of the previous canons really focused on. Now Donna is no longer her adopted sister, but some sort of bizarre mortal child/reincarnated Hippolyta(?)....thing created by dark magic. And her relationships with Dick, Kory and the rest are gone as well. She's Donna in name only, and now has one more convoluted entry to add to her wikipedia page.

Really, why did DC go with Cassie as Wonder Girl when they wanted to streamline things to the "iconic" characters? It doesn't make any sense to me. Donna fits the bill more, if for no other reason than she was in NTT. Cassie's generation was never a part of anything that good or relevant. Though, considering the state of Cassie, Donna might not have been spared bad writing even then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Which is still the most popular depiction of the team both in comics and in the media at large.
    Your point? Constantly trying to reference it and call back to that run is also pretty much is why the franchise ground to a halt.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Considering the only effect it left behind was the concept of the Bat-god, I think most people would say you are wrong.
    What? JLA revolutionised team book. Authority, Ultimates came out soon after and all owed to it developing the widescreen action style for superhero comics.

It's also a much better team book run, which is what I'm really going by here.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Because he was.
    As opposed to Superman, Wonder Woman or Barry Allen, I guess. The one who's the "heart" of them is the random shapeshifter with an Oreo obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Shame about the villain thing. It just seems cheap. Instead of giving Donna a new origin where her most notable traits are on display, like her heart and her ability to care, she is made to be an adversary right off the bat because that is the easiest thing to do. Sure the villain thing won't last, but it is a shame that all these legacy characters have to be at odds with their mentors instead of building their relationship around them caring and supporting each other.
    How would that be notable if she was introduced alongside WW? When that's also been Diana's main traits as well?

The monster deciding he had his own agenda is what made Frankenstein brilliant.
    Pretty much.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Considering this a new continuity (something supporters of the New 52 constantly remind people of) it is very likely she won't even have any interaction with them. Especially with Cassie as the new Wonder Girl.
    And Is that a bad thing? what exactly is the reason she has to be tied down with the Titans? considering the team hasn't worked in years and only reason its still around is because its the only teen hero book.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post

What? JLA revolutionised team book. Authority, Ultimates came out soon after and all owed to it developing the widescreen action style for superhero comics.

It's also a much better team book run, which is what I'm really going by here.
    I suppose the action blockbuster style is one thing, but I don't see many other areas in which JLA was that impressive. I liked it, but since most of the principal characters already starred in other books, there isn't much in the way of long term character development. At least, nothing compared to Dick Grayson's evolution to Nightwing, Gar and Vic's hostility towards each other evolving into a deep friendship, frank depictions of sex like Dick and Kory lying in bed, or the Terra storyline. Perez's artwork is also leagues better than Porter's. I'd say NTT (and Claremont's X-Men) is a far superior team book because it has more heart to it.

I do agree that trying to recapture those glory days has caused the franchise to stagnate. But trying to change things up with characters like Bug, red!Beast Boy and Raven dressing up like Griffith/Femto from Berserk isn't really helping either.

Connecting Beast boy to the Red was a good idea and could have led to some interesting storyline but all of that was dropped because of fan complains.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Connecting Beast boy to the Red was a good idea and could have led to some interesting storyline but all of that was dropped because of fan complains.
    Though I agree it makes more sense, it really did make the character unrecognizable.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut