Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Though I agree it makes more sense, it really did make the character unrecognizable.
    How did it make more sense? Beast Boy and Animal Man don't have the same powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How did it make more sense? Beast Boy and Animal Man don't have the same powers.
    There are a bunch of characters associated with the red that have different powers. Animal Man's daughter could reanimate bodies.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Connecting Beast boy to the Red was a good idea and could have led to some interesting storyline but all of that was dropped because of fan complains.
    I absolutely agree. But I think turning him red was the problem. It's the 'Felicity' factor. Look what happened when Kerry Russel cut her hair.
    Last edited by Jaylarue; 01-15-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They're connected to the same thing but that doesn't mean they have the same powers, Swamp Thing and the Seeder are connected to the Green but their abilities are different.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

YAY! HECATE!!!

We finally meet Hecate, and it makes since that she has a hand in creating a WW supervillain, since she's been in the mix, since the very beginning of the Greek gods. This ALSO means that Circe will no longer be possessed by Hecate, because Hecate is a separate being with her own deal, forcing writers to completely recreate Circe AND Hecate, respectively. She's also totally responsible for the First Born's rise to power, and let's not forget there's a connection Cassandra the Mad, who excavated her tomb! This is a good thing!

Let's hope the creators don't screw it up or waste it.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Well I hope she's gonna be more than just a dark knock off of Diana. Some people hated the fact that Byrne returned her as a WW doppleganger getting rid of the whole backstory Marv Wolfman had given her in New Titans. Making her a dark doppleganger is not that much different. If she's a clean slate, think of the possibilities they could do with a character like that..! I hope they don't go stupid on us.

Spectacular Member

So, the clay origin wasn't good for Diana, so DC changes Cassie's origin so that Diana can be Zeus' last child of the 20th Century, and later bring Donna back with the clay origin. But if she was made of clay, what about the baby?

Anyway, I'm not expecting the villain thing to stick, but they are doing the same thing with Donna that was done with Fury on Earth 2, and I wasn't a fan of that either.

Here's hoping that we get to see the "real Donna Troy" during the Convergence event.
    Not Peter David.

It's an intriguing new take on Donna ... and pretty courageous too, which I respect.

Anyway, I like the idea of seeing Donna take on the role of villain ... it could be epic ... she could potentially become even more more significant than she has been before.

I look forward to reading it

BANNED

The only thing that bothers me about her origin is that they had to use Hippolyta's clay statue, i mean, the whole issues Donna Troy had was that she had really out of the box just downright confusing origins, now she's not only a baby sacrifised on an altar, but it was also Diana's Mother that was sacrifised to make it happen, i'm just saying i would have preferred if she was just an sacrifised baby, keeping it more simple.

You know what would have worked for me? If she was just some young amazon. Very simple and could be used to make same stories but without "dark-magic-human-sacrifice-no-heart" stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I was refering just for the donna case, zeus being her father I wouldn't mind in any way. cassie and hipollyta melted stone is not Azz fault
    Not sure what you mean, because Hippolyta was turned to stone in Azz's arc. He decided not to pursue his story arc with Hippolyta fully to coming back to life as an amazon. He left others to decide her fate instead of closing this arc himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    You know what would have worked for me? If she was just some young amazon. Very simple and could be used to make same stories but without "dark-magic-human-sacrifice-no-heart" stuff.
    That would have been great, it would show the Amazons could in fact raise exceptional people and they don't have to be outsiders granted a stay, specially crafted or the offspring of higher powers.
    And it worked for Artemis.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Not sure what you mean, because Hippolyta was turned to stone in Azz's arc. He decided not to pursue his story arc with Hippolyta fully to coming back to life as an amazon. He left others to decide her fate instead of closing this arc himself.
    Or the Finches weren't in the loop that Hippolyta was returning in stone shape, which is either their own fault or (as some like to poke at) the editors. And you can see that when you see David having her returned to the exact same pose Hera originally left her in. Considering Hippolyta seemed concious, why would she return to that if she felt the stiffness returning?
    Last edited by Outside_85; 01-16-2015 at 05:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    That would have been great, it would show the Amazons could in fact raise exceptional people and they don't have to be outsiders granted a stay, specially crafted or the offspring of higher powers.
    And it worked for Artemis.

Or the Finches weren't in the loop that Hippolyta was returning in stone shape, which is either their own fault or (as some like to poke at) the editors. And you can see that when you see David having her returned to the exact same pose Hera originally left her in. Considering Hippolyta seemed concious, why would she return to that if she felt the stiffness returning?
    Was Hippy conscious at the end of Azz's arc while still turned to stone? If so, she was still stone, that is a fact at the end of Azz's run. An unfinished story arc unless he planned to leave Hippy as a conscious stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    The only thing that bothers me about her origin is that they had to use Hippolyta's clay statue, i mean, the whole issues Donna Troy had was that she had really out of the box just downright confusing origins, now she's not only a baby sacrifised on an altar, but it was also Diana's Mother that was sacrifised to make it happen, i'm just saying i would have preferred if she was just an sacrifised baby, keeping it more simple.
    This bothers me also. As some one else stated earlier. The clay origin wasn't good enough for Diana, so lets give it to Donna. At least when Diana was made of clay it was a happy thing. She was given life because Hippolyta wanted a child so badly, so the gods granted her wish. But this new origin for "Donna" is so dark. We see a dead amazon on the ground bleeding to death, we see a baby sacrifice to a crazy witch, and since that is not dark enough lets add that the clay we will use is the clay of the body of the dead Hippolyta. Add all these ingredients and what do you get a soulless, robot like creation that will follow the orders of her creator. Oh and her creator hates Diana. WOW this might be a great story, but I think I've read it quite some time ago in an old Wonder Woman comic. A creation that was made from clay that was Wonder Woman's equal but her opposite. wasn't that the story of Devastation.

Like I said this might be a great story, and they can call this new character Donna Troy, but if they want to change everything about the character that many fans loved why not just create a new Character? Let the old beloved characters stay in limbo until a writer comes along that actually wants to use the qualities of that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    If you look at the reviews on Comic Book Roundup, the majority of the reviews are above 5 on the 10 point scale.
    Oh. I didn't realize that 50-something was a passing grade, so to speak.