Default Help wanted: Blood transfusions and superpowers

I suddenly found myself wondering: How many times have we seen someone get a blood transfusion from a super-powered being? What were the side effects? (If any.)

I'll offer two examples, one from DC and one from Marvel, to start the ball rolling.

One memorable case was in "Superman’s Girl Friend Lois Lane #17." Story title: “Lana Lang, Superwoman!” (Cover-dated May, 1960; written by Jerry Siegel.)

Superman suddenly offered to give blood transfusions to both Lois Lane and Lana Lang. Although he didn't explain his reasons right away, it turned out that the purpose of the exercise was to let both ladies suddenly acquire exact copies of all of his own superpowers, especially the invulnerability, for the next several days. (Why this was necessary is a long story, but let's just say it saved their lives when the time came.) Superman was able to calculate precisely how long the newly-acquired superpowers would last in each case. While the good times lasted, Lois and Lana were each wearing distinctive costumes and calling themselves "Super-Lois" and "Super-Lana" as they flew around doing good deeds. Then it all wore off, with no lingering effects, good or bad -- at least, not to the best of our knowledge!

The implication seemed to be that Superman could do the same thing for just about any Earthwoman or Earthman, essentially "powering them up" to his own level, if he cared to keep donating blood. (But as far as I know, in the remaining quarter-century of the Pre-Crisis era, he never again felt the need to repeat that stunt.)

And to cite a similar example from Marvel: In "Savage She-Hulk #1" (February 1980), in a story written by Stan Lee himself, attorney Jennifer Walters became She-Hulk after her cousin Bruce Banner gave her an emergency transfusion of his own (gamma-irradiated) blood. In her case, the effects lasted a heck of a lot longer than they did for Lois and Lana in the Silver Age DC story I mentioned a moment ago. (Mainly because Stan obviously wanted to create a "permanent addition" to the roster of superheroes in the MU, whereas Jerry Siegel definitely was just doing a "temporary plot device" type of story which was never intended to have any lasting consequences.)

So the question is: How many other stories can you recall that went along the general lines of "I got a blood transfusion from a super-powered being!"? Did something good happen to the recipient of the blood? Or something bad? Or no more than you'd expect from any blood transfusion? Or what?

Note: I'll be happy to hear about relevant stories from DC, Marvel, Image, Dark Horse, or any other publisher. Including TV episodes, movies, etc., which had superpowered entities donating blood to someone else. The more, the merrier!

Marvel's Patriot got his powers via a transfusion from his grandfather.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Angel gave a bunch of people life-saving blood transfusions during Chuck Austen's X-Men run. (He had a healing factor then for some reason.)
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

John Constantine got Nergal's demon blood in him that has slowed down his aging and been handy for fighting vampires.
    BB

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

In the Young Justice animated series Garfield Logan receives a blood transfusion from Miss Martian that gives him his abilities as Beast Boy.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Invincible Member

Spitfire from Marvel's Invaders got her powers thru a blood transfusion from the original Human Torch ( who was an android).

Supergirl did once, in the Silver Age. It gave one of her classmates that was recently injured superpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Spitfire from Marvel's Invaders got her powers thru a blood transfusion from the original Human Torch ( who was an android).
    Actually, that was the example that suddenly made me decide to launch this thread. Recently, I was rereading something I once wrote in which I'd commented on how that lady actually got two transfusions from Jim Hammond, many years apart, and how the second transfusion (in John Byrne's run on "Namor the Sub-Mariner") actually "turned back the clock" on Jacqueline's metabolism so that she suddenly went from "a very respectable elderly lady" to "she's a gorgeous blond teenager all over again!"

Thinking about that got me wondering how many other people had benefitted (or failed to benefit) from "blood transfusions from superheroes," but I decided not to use that example when I launched this thread. I went for an example of a Marvel heroine who has become rather more famous than Spitfire, instead.

In the 1970s Spider-Man manga (collected in the US in the 1990s) Yu Komori (the Japanese Spider-Man) gave his blood to a stranger who went on to duplicate his abilities.

In the Master Planner Saga (Amazing Spider-Man Volume 1 #31-33) Peter discovered that a blood transfusion he had given Aunt May left her with radioactive poisoning.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Not from a super-powered being exactly, but the Golden Age Whizzer received a life-saving blood transfusion using mongoose blood as a child which gave him his speedster powers.