Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TimeCrash View Post
    We will see if the numbers last, Marvel is good at advertising.
    Star Wars have a great lot of fans that's why

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Star Wars have a great lot of fans that's why
    I am not sure if that is supposed to mean that they all just wanted some cool looking, rare #1 variant issue or if they are going to support an ongoing. If you think the demand is there for Star Wars ongoings, how can you explain all of those Star Wars fans not buying the Dark Horse comics which were just as official as these? That is, LucasFilms approved them and the Marvel ones can be just as easily removed from canon.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If you think the demand is there for Star Wars ongoings, how can you explain all of those Star Wars fans not buying the Dark Horse comics which were just as official as these?
    First of all, Dark Horse does not have the brand power that Marvel has. This matters because it's an issue of trust with the readers. Also, the Dark Horse comics didn't feature A-list talent, and generally focused on characters that casual fans have never heard of. I was actually quite excited when I heard the news that Marvel was taking over because the Dark Horse stuff felt like fan-fiction to me. I know it was technically official but I generally lumped them in with the countless weird Star Wars novels and other such "canon" featuring no-name characters that mean nothing to me. I feel like this is a move to the big leagues for Star Wars comics, and when they announced the creative teams this was all but confirmed. I mean, Jason Aaron? Mark Waid? John Cassaday? Come on, there's no comparison...

Hope this answers your question without angering too many Dark Horse die-hards... I'm sure they were decent comics but as a HUGE Star Wars fan, I gotta say this is the first time I've ever been excited about a Star Wars comic.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dwch View Post
    First of all, Dark Horse does not have the brand power that Marvel has. This matters because it's an issue of trust with the readers. Also, the Dark Horse comics didn't feature A-list talent, and generally focused on characters that casual fans have never heard of. I was actually quite excited when I heard the news that Marvel was taking over because the Dark Horse stuff felt like fan-fiction to me. I know it was technically official but I generally lumped them in with the countless weird Star Wars novels and other such "canon" featuring no-name characters that mean nothing to me. I feel like this is a move to the big leagues for Star Wars comics, and when they announced the creative teams this was all but confirmed. I mean, Jason Aaron? Mark Waid? John Cassaday? Come on, there's no comparison...

Hope this answers your question without angering too many Dark Horse die-hards... I'm sure they were decent comics but as a HUGE Star Wars fan, I gotta say this is the first time I've ever been excited about a Star Wars comic.
    I'm kinda in the same boat as you. However The Brian Wood series seems like it could be interesting. I might not read it now tho since this new one makes that redundant.