Default Wonder Woman '77 #2 Digital SPOILERS

Remember that episode from the TV show where Diana changed into her WW costume while falling off a building? (I'm not imagining that, am I?) Well, we get a shout out to that in this ish. And we get some boomerang/tiara action, too. It's like Andreyko's granting all my wishes. Heh.

Pencils are split between Matt Haley and Drew Johnson. Unfortunately there's a big difference in their styles. Haley arguably does a better Lynda Carter likeness, but I think I prefer Johnson's work overall. Johnson's disco seems crowded and disorienting, while Haley's looks a bit dull.

Another fun issue--it all goes by so fast. If this were on TV it would only be a five minute scene.
    Last edited by Largo161; 01-15-2015 at 04:53 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Remember that episode from the TV show where Diana changed into her WW costume while falling off a building? (I'm not imagining that, am I?) Well, we get a shout out to that in this ish. And we get some boomerang/tiara action, too. It's like Andreyko's granting all my wishes. Heh.

Pencils are split between Matt Haley and Drew Johnson. Unfortunately there's a big difference in their styles. Haley arguably does a better Lynda Carter likeness, but I think I prefer Johnson's work overall. Johnson's disco seems crowded and disorienting, while Haley's looks a bit dull.

Another fun issue--it all goes by so fast. If this were on TV, it would be a five minute scene.
    Heh. Can you imagine if they did one of those "padded for trade" series in digital first?
    This week: Batman moves across the room! Next week: He looks out the window!
    LOL!

I'm enjoying the series so far. And I'm liking the Silver Swan in it.

Back to my previous statements about padding...
    I actually think the design of the format helps. Three digital issues generally make up one print issue. And since the digital installments each require a hook to bring readers back the next week, I think it makes for a more eventful print comic.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Love the story so far. Feels like the writer/artists are having a fun time. Just too short. But it makes me wait for the next thursday so it won't be too long

Once again, loved it. This is my favorite Wonder Woman of the last few years, for sure. Just good ol' fashioned fun. I hope this series goes on for a long, long time.

Love this series so far. Seeing the fall/outfit change brought back memories of the show, that was so cool when she did that. I found the artist change to be subtle. I noticed a difference but just thought Johnson got tired lol.

Mighty Member

As I'v said before. IMO the best WW since Cliff/Chiang. Fun, vamp and camp.

BANNED

Steve so hot here. For more steve like this

...I also got a kick out of hearing Diana say, "Hera grant me strength!" We never got any of her trademark exclamations in the TV show.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I enjoyed this issue as much as the last. I hope this series goes on for a very long time.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.