Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

As revealed in "Nightwing" #30, Dick is going to be working alongside Helena Bertinelli at Spyral. Dick and Helena have a history -- both professional and romantically -- pre-New 52, but this is her New 52 debut. And it's also a fairly dramatic new take.

King: Helena is so much fun to write. She is the greatest superspy, and Dick is trying to be the greatest superspy. Once again, Dick is in one of those relationships like Batman and Robin where he's being trained by a superior. Helena is just as tough and just as cruel as Batman. Dick is a cocky guy and he thinks he can do this all himself, so it's almost a parallel to what he's been though before. The first arc is going to be about their relationship and how they evolve together.

Seeley: We wanted to have the best aspects of the old Nightwing/Huntress storyline, but through a new filter, moving that character up into a position where we don't want Helena to be a shade of Helena Wayne. We wanted her to be her own character. I think that what we came up with is pretty cool.

Will we see her as Huntress?

King: [Pauses] There's already a Huntress. This is about Helena Bertinelli. And honestly -- it's best to read it -- but I think the cool thing is that we've figured out a way to not make her a shade of an existing character.

Amazing Member

Default Helena Bertinelli: Agent of Spyral appreciation thread

I think that this will end up being a great take on the character, giving Helena her own chance to become a character all her own and not take anything away from the Huntress, Helena Wayne.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...-nightwing-30/

I for one wish Grayson #1 was out in June and not in July, I just cannot wait to see Helena Bertinelli and Dick Grayson's interactions.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgirlfan View Post
    I think that this will end up being a great take on the character, giving Helena her own chance to become a character all her own and not take anything away from the Huntress, Helena Wayne.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...-nightwing-30/

I for one wish Grayson #1 was out in June and not in July, I just cannot wait to see Helena Bertinelli and Dick Grayson's interactions.
    Sorry about my previous post here, I had started a fresh thread to split off the topic as asked earlier in this thread, but somehow my thread for the new Helena Bertinelli got merged with the thread for the Huntress version. odd.

Sorry about my previous post here, I had started a fresh thread to split off the topic as asked earlier in this thread, but somehow my thread for the new Helena Bertinelli got merged with the thread for the Huntress version. odd.
    I merged the threads -- a Helena Bertinelli Appreciation Thread is still a Helena Bertinelli Appreciation Thread, whether it's the Pre-Flashpoint Huntress or the New 52 Spyral Agent (both of which are already being discussed, here).

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

She was already her own character.

Ultimate Member

Yeah well Helena Wayne stole (of took back depending on who you ask) that character. So I'm curious to see what Seeley/King have planned for her. Also Helena, far be it for me to tell you how to do your job or anything, but it would seem to me that you should maybe, idk, button your shirt when you're actually going out on missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I agree...

BANNED

Yah. But too many fans confuse it with her costume.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

No, they don't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah well Helena Wayne stole (of took back depending on who you ask) that character. So I'm curious to see what Seeley/King have planned for her. Also Helena, far be it for me to tell you how to do your job or anything, but it would seem to me that you should maybe, idk, button your shirt when you're actually going out on missions.
    Tim Seeley wasn't a fan of that but it was to late to change. Hopefully we won't see her in that
    Last edited by Neowing; 05-31-2014 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    No, they don't.
    I didn't. It was easy to tell the difference

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I think the only time I ever saw confusion between which one is Wayne and which one is Bertinelli was in 2011 when DC couldn't make up their mind on who the Huntress is. That's all in the past now as it is regardless. I'm excited to see where they take the character, though I do wish they would've gone with a different design. The afro and plunging neck-line don't work in my opinion. I like the longer curly hair with the cross top as a throwback to her more class suit.

Anyways, we've finally gotten Helena back without a drastic Wally West-esque makeover which is good enough for me. Everything else is just aesthetic.

For some reason, Helena's new look reminds me of that episode of American Dad where Stan is a secret agent and Francine gets killed, but is brought back to life as a black woman.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I think the only time I ever saw confusion between which one is Wayne and which one is Bertinelli was in 2011 when DC couldn't make up their mind on who the Huntress is. That's all in the past now as it is regardless. I'm excited to see where they take the character, though I do wish they would've gone with a different design. The afro and plunging neck-line don't work in my opinion. I like the longer curly hair with the cross top as a throwback to her more class suit.
    I think that's the look we'll get in Grayson, at least as long as Janin is the main artist.

Extraordinary Member

The cross outfit looks like a good look to me, but I do keep wincing at her disguise outfit. It just looks too much like an exploitation style design, which if it's to fit the gang she's infiltrated, good, but I prefer the more modern and practical look for her.

Still kind of hoping they reveal that she and Wayne actually met each other and that the latter helped her fade into the background in exchange for that slave ring being taken down.