Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like the idea that she'll be the good angel to John's...well, John .
    Uhhhh. How do you think Helena "I murder mobsters" Bertinelli is going to be better? She's on the side of the angels, but I am not sure I would mistake her for one. Hahaha, I can't believe I'm using that reference.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Uhhhh. How do you think Helena "I murder mobsters" Bertinelli is going to be better? She's on the side of the angels, but I am not sure I would mistake her for one. Hahaha, I can't believe I'm using that reference.
    That's why I think it'll be an interesting dynamic and role for Helena .

That's why I think it'll be an interesting dynamic and role for Helena .
    True. That is an intriguing point - how will Helena's hard edge fit with Constantines dark side...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Well, we know now that at least according to Seeley, the hard edge and dark side fit together spoilers:
    with sex
    end of spoilers. Not...SUPER thrilled about that, since I'd rather the whole narrative of Helena pre-Birds of Prey didn't come back, but it was nice to see Helena still snooty and badass as ever.

Now we just have to wait until she shows up in The Unexpected #4, on September 14th. That's so frustrating! But nice that we KNOW she's appearing, unlike my other purple-clad favorite heroine.

Where it all began . . .

to be continued . . .

Was that really almost 30 years ago?

I read this whole series a couple of years ago. As much as I tend to dislike retcons, I'm pretty glad that they got rid of most of it - I think it was pretty cliched, and the art was very exaggerated in ways I don't think work. (In contrast, I read Sienkiewicz's Daredevil graphic novel with Miller this year, and I thought the exaggeration there worked pretty well).

What do Huntress fans think of Mary Elizabeth Winstead's casting? I think she's a fun actress, but so much of Huntress depends on the script - Jessica de Gouw was a fine casting, but her writing was so horrible in Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    What do Huntress fans think of Mary Elizabeth Winstead's casting? I think she's a fun actress, but so much of Huntress depends on the script - Jessica de Gouw was a fine casting, but her writing was so horrible in Arrow.
    I'm curious if she'll grow her hair out or if she'll have a wig for the Huntress costume so they can get the long hair from the mask look from the comics.

I'm curious if she'll grow her hair out or if she'll have a wig for the Huntress costume so they can get the long hair from the mask look from the comics.
    They could always use the Rebirth version's hooded look.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    They could always use the Rebirth version's hooded look.

I'm in favor of it, as long as it has the purple and black motif with a white cross indicated.

Mighty Member

I'm gonna be honest. The catsing is confusing, especially if it means they won't call Black Canary her full name. I was honestly expecting it to be the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I'm gonna be honest. The catsing is confusing, especially if it means they won't call Black Canary her full name. I was honestly expecting it to be the other way around.
    Same. I really don't get anything going on with this movie.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Huntress is a personal favorite of mine. I've always wanted to see her done well in live-action and Mary Elizabeth Winstead is absolutely perfect for that role (Arrow left me wanting)