Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I like Helena Wayne though I don't really care about Helena Bertinelli. However, I don't like how DC has treated the fans in order to bring back the classic Huntress. In fact, they have actually pit the two fandoms against each other and I find that to be petty and selfish of them.

I agree with those who have said that it is possible to have 2 Huntresses. It's easy given just how different Wayne and Bertinelli are in terms of character and history and they can even wear different costumes. DC has had two Flashes,two sets of Hawks and there are technically 3 Huntresses; the 3rd ones being the Golden Age villainess who was married to the Sportsmaster and made several appearances in the modern age as well.

So long as the character's are different, there is no issue. Heck they could even say that Helena Wayne's identity was inspired by the Helena Bertinelli of Earth 2 and she is happy to meet the Earth Prime version of her 'auntie'.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    [COLOR="#B22222"]I like Helena Wayne though I don't really care about Helena Bertinelli. However, I don't like how DC has treated the fans in order to bring back the classic Huntress. In fact, they have actually pit the two fandoms against each other and I find that to be petty and selfish of them.
    It really is a shame isn't it? I don't really like that one version of The Huntress always seems to exist at the expense of the other. It's extremely unfair to both sets of fans and makes it even more difficult for those fans who like both like myself. I prefer Helena Wayne myself but over the years I grew to like Helena Bertinelli as well and I would like to see her back but I don't want it to be at Helena W's expense.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-08-2014 at 06:04 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not really . . . Bertinelli came from a crime family; Helena Wayne came from a crime-fighting family. Wayne doesn't have the same sense of guilt Bertinelli had.
    But the revenge motive is more of less the same and so is pretty much everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Probably this one.

Now if only Arrow had adapted this instead of the crap they used instead...
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    But the revenge motive is more of less the same and so is pretty much everything else.
    Not really. They're actually two separate characters, and DC has spent 25 years establishing them as such.

There are major differences between them, and most fans of both Helenas' bristle at the concept of considering them interchangeable. The one, main difference between them is Helena's ethnic identity as an Italian, and the fact that she's not a protestant, which is a pretty big deal in an America full of WASPs.

The fact that Helena Bertinelli's Italian heritage was lost post-reboot makes me sad, as there are very few characters who have visible ethnic identities and who were identified as such. Helena Wayne has not yet identified as Italian, even if she did speak Italian in the Crossbow at the Crossroads mini (and might I add, the Italian spoken in that mini was rather terrible and hilarious, and proof you shouldn't use Google Translate when writing your dialogue).

And really, if the two were interchangeable, Helena Wayne would be best friends with Dinah Lance (who's now Dinah Drake, her mother in the current DCU) and Barbara Gordon. She would also have had a father named Franco and a mother named Maria and would have mentioned it on occasion, instead of Bruce and Selina.

And Helena Bertinelli would have been best friends with PG, but instead, the two of them barely interacted with each other pre-reboot. And when they did, (like in JSA #3 ) their conversations were fraught with awkwardness.

And I could go on and on, and point out the differences in their personalities (with Wayne being more optimistic, sarcastic and confident, and Bertinelli being more dark, prone to anger, and full of self-doubting) but the point is, there are key differences that distinguish the two women from one another. Even if DC has tried to conflate them and make them interchangeable, they haven't really been successful and won over the key demographic they were trying to sway with this idea, and that is, the fans of both Helenas'. The fans of both women become fans of them based on their respective legacies, and two legacies might I add, have distinguished them as different for quite some time, even if DC tries to argue they're the same now in an attempt to tear down what they've already built up.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I like Helena Wayne though I don't really care about Helena Bertinelli. However, I don't like how DC has treated the fans in order to bring back the classic Huntress. In fact, they have actually pit the two fandoms against each other and I find that to be petty and selfish of them.

I agree with those who have said that it is possible to have 2 Huntresses. It's easy given just how different Wayne and Bertinelli are in terms of character and history and they can even wear different costumes. DC has had two Flashes,two sets of Hawks and there are technically 3 Huntresses; the 3rd ones being the Golden Age villainess who was married to the Sportsmaster and made several appearances in the modern age as well.

So long as the character's are different, there is no issue. Heck they could even say that Helena Wayne's identity was inspired by the Helena Bertinelli of Earth 2 and she is happy to meet the Earth Prime version of her 'auntie'.
    Completely agree with all this. Even if you're not a fan of Bertinelli, I can respect your attitude and your opinions, and the fact that you also view how DC has pitted both fans against each other with, contempt.

I hope that DC works out a compromise at least, and brings back both Helenas' for the sake of both of their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Now if only Arrow had adapted this instead of the crap they used instead...
    Agree with this. Arrow's Helena literally wore a trench coat and a mask.

While I get the whole 'realism' look they were going for, it was still hilarious how uncreative they were with her costume.

I suppose it's better than the belly window and hot pants though (could you imagine them actually trying to bring that onto the show?)

Also, my favorite Helena Bertinelli costume:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

Pharah x Mercy

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Signorina Helena si chiama la Cacciatrice. è la figlia di Bruce Wayne. Non è italiana.

Ma preferisco Signorina Bertinelli più della Signorina Wayne. Io voglio anche che Helena sia ritornato.
    Ehi! Come stai? Piacere di conoscere qualcuno sa parlare la lingua. (O hai usato Google Traduttore? )

Sono studio l'italiano da quattro anni (ma non parlo ancora l'italiano molto bene).

Inoltre, voglio Helena ritornerà un giorno. Mi manca da morire.
    Last edited by beetlebum; 05-11-2014 at 01:31 PM.

@beetlebum What would be some good new love interest for HB?

Pharah x Mercy

I tend to multiship her. I ship Helena with Vic Sage, and yet I also slash her with Dinah, Barbara and Renee. I also crack ship her as well, mainly with Jason Todd. So I don't really have a shipping preference for her, and I'm okay with most ships involving Helena, provided they don't include Josh, or Roy Harper.*

*Nothing against Roy, personally. More like I hated how their sexual encounter was written in The Outsiders.

What does "crack ship" mean?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    I tend to multiship her. I ship Helena with Vic Sage, and yet I also slash her with Dinah, Barbara and Renee. I also crack ship her as well, mainly with Jason Todd. So I don't really have a shipping preference for her, and I'm okay with most ships involving Helena, provided they don't include Josh, or Roy Harper.*

*Nothing against Roy, personally. More like I hated how their sexual encounter was written in The Outsiders.
    I always liked the idea of her and Jason Todd

Pharah x Mercy

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Ho imparato l'italiano per cinque anni. Puoi imparare molte traduzioni dal questo site

http://www.wordreference.com/

Google Traduttore è un po' bravo, ma babelfish è molto crap.

Sono venuto della mia spontanea volontà, ma io conosco le due signorine un po' bene.
    Che mi fa ridere. Mi piace molto questa frase.

Ancora, i miei complimenti a te per il tuo italiano. Sto imparendo la lingua e continuare a imparare perché voglio parlare la lingua correttamente.

La lingua italiana (per me) è più bella dell mondo.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=crack%20ship

Crack ship, crack!ship, or crack pairing is a term often used in fan fiction or role playing that pairs two people pairing from different fandom universes into a romantic relationship. This can be anything from a tv show, video game, or a book. A crack ship usually makes the readers question "Why such an off pairing" [...]
    In this case, it would be a crack ship because Jason and Helena have barely interacted in canon with one another, save for Battle For The Cowl (but I don't know if an OOC Jason running away from Helena and Dinah really counts).

But I'd still really like for them to interact together.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I always liked the idea of her and Jason Todd
    Me 3 pal.

My crack ship would be Helena and Daredevil

Pairings where the characters haven't even met each other and the author most likely isn't planning for them to hook up. Steve Rogers/Wonder Woman is a crack ship because neither characters will ever meet each other save for the DC/Marvel cross over every 2 decades and will mostly exist in fan fiction.

I hope when she comes back thry don't change her too much

Incredible Member

I called it.

http://www.newsarama.com/21124-grays...e-partner.html

Helena is going to be Dick's partner.
    They also say they're going to put a new spin on her.