Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default is wolverine really dead?

first off, let me apologize if there is already a thread about this, but i don't feel like looking through hundreds of pages looking for it....AND let me go ahead and apologize if this theory has already been thrown out there.....BUT i think he is still alive. and encased in adamantium and unable to communicate with anyone to let them know. i think the 'virus from the micro verse' never really left him. only laid dormant in his body after he refused to let them hide there. someone they made themselves undetectable enough to where no one would know they were there. as soon as the adamantium began covering logan, i believe they had to kick it back on in order to truly save themselves. therefor he is alive, just encased in the hardest metal known to man and unable to tell anyone or the virus has his mind in a coma like state so that he can't.......and maybe Sinister knows this, or suspects, and plans on getting him out and using a comatose logan to mold into his own being.....or maybe logan really is dead and marvel's "out" for his death is just re-booting the universe....which we all know is inevitable.....what do you guys think?

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Not for long ,we still have a year of fake back canon write ins, and faux wolverines fighting over his mantle till he returns. So it will feel like he is still making noise in 616

BANNED

Yeah he's not dead.

Once the next Wolverine movie is anounced he will suddenly come back to life.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Yeah, I have no doubt that this will all end with the statue cracking open with Logan stepping out of it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I would not mind if he comes back as I like the character. Even if they overexposed him in comics. What would be interesting is to have him act like pre-inverted Sabertooth. Depending on how long he is locked up as a metal statue. It's going to cause serious mental strain imo. No way should the character come back with any side effects from that.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I would not mind if he comes back as I like the character. Even if they overexposed him in comics. What would be interesting is to have him act like pre-inverted Sabertooth. Depending on how long he is locked up as a metal statue. It's going to cause serious mental strain imo. No way should the character come back with any side effects from that.
    It would be best if they had him lose his long term memory again and it would be kind of cool if he went back to his old "berzerker" self for a bit...but I hope he stays gone a while first...between the over exposure and inconsistent characterization, the character needs a break.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    It would be best if they had him lose his long term memory again and it would be kind of cool if he went back to his old "berzerker" self for a bit...but I hope he stays gone a while first...between the over exposure and inconsistent characterization, the character needs a break.
    This, for the most part.

Also, when he does come back, things should not return to the way they were before his death. He shouldn't be popping up all over the place, and he should NOT be an Avenger. He should be an X-Man, and that's it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker Venom View Post
    This, for the most part.

Also, when he does come back, things should not return to the way they were before his death. He shouldn't be popping up all over the place, and he should NOT be an Avenger. He should be an X-Man, and that's it.
    He NEVER should have been an Avenger...it never made sense and 99% of the time he was only wallpaper in those books anyway...he should be limited to the x-titles and only one or two team books at most (and NEVER a leader)...and one or two solos...and the editors actually need to do their jobs so writers don't write him completely differently from one book to the next.

That would be pretty torturous being stuck in that position for so long, would his healing factor save him from dehydration or starvation? If he is alive and comes out I'd imagine you would be pretty messed up in the head.

Mighty Member

He NEVER should have been an Avenger...it never made sense and 99% of the time he was only wallpaper in those books anyway...he should be limited to the x-titles and only one or two team books at most (and NEVER a leader)...and one or two solos...and the editors actually need to do their jobs so writers don't write him completely differently from one book to the next.
    This.
    The same goes for Rogue, wasted as a whipping girl for Scarlet Tits in UA. They both deserve better. Perhaps they could start a new X Force together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    This.
    The same goes for Rogue, wasted as a whipping girl for Scarlet Tits in UA. They both deserve better. Perhaps they could start a new X Force together.
    I don't think Rogue really fits on a team like that...but I certainly want her back in the x-books and out of UA.

I actually think X-Force needs to be shelved as a concept for a few years before they try and bring it back...each version is getting diminishing returns at this point.

I'd actually like to see a revival of Excalibur...I was thinking Psylocke would be a good fit for it but throwing Rogue into England for a bit could be fun...the fish out of water stories can work really well...I could see her getting sick of both the schism and the fascist Avengers and telling them all to suck it and leaving the country until they get their act together.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

That's to easy. So probably not the way they will bring him back lol.

Oh and Darth Pheonix no one's really fighting for his mantle yet lol.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Joker Venom View Post
    Agreed. I do not like the progression, if you want to call it that, the character has gone though over the last decade or so. I would love to see them axe the whole James Howlett, bone claws, bullshit, too...

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Sorry after AvX he and Hope will always be Avengers to many fans at least Storm left the assault on Utopia planning she just forgot to cue in the others.

As for his mantle some most likely Creed will be the temp Wolverine.