1 0.83%
  • Kieron Gillen

12 10.00%
  • Simon Spurrier

2 1.67%
  • Other

18 15.00%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

i dont even know what i want out of an Avengers book now.

How do you follow up Hickmans run?

Smaller stories?

I don't want any of the choices, to be honest.

Not sure why Kurt Busiek, one of the most popular Avengers scribes ever, isn't on the list, but he's my choice.

I said soule, the man is on fire, but ewing would be a good call too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    i dont even know what i want out of an Avengers book now.

How do you follow up Hickmans run?

Smaller stories?
    It's a good question. And frankly, that's the approach I would be inclined to take. A little more a "classic" approach, with a fairly limited core team, and a strong focus on character drama.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Not sure why Kurt Busiek, one of the most popular Avengers scribes ever, isn't on the list, but he's my choice.
    He's probably not on the list because he's not likely to write the book again. He had his run, and it was awesome, but he's largely moved away from Marvel, and even assuming he was interested in returning to the Avengers, Marvel may not want to bring him back, and might prefer instead to give it to their next "star" writer.

Sorry, but Busiek ain't gonna be taking it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    He's probably not on the list because he's not likely to write the book again. He had his run, and it was awesome, but he's largely moved away from Marvel, and even assuming he was interested in returning to the Avengers, Marvel may not want to bring him back, and might prefer instead to give it to their next "star" writer.

Sorry, but Busiek ain't gonna be taking it over.
    The poll didn't ask who I 'thought' was going to be the next Avengers' writer. It asked who I would like to be the next Avengers' writer. I hardly expect Busiek to take over; I've been around a while. But nothing is impossible, and if Marvel doesn't want him back, that is completely their loss.

Ewing, would love to see him on the flagship title.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

The poll didn't ask who I 'thought' was going to be the next Avengers' writer. It asked who I would like to be the next Avengers' writer. I hardly expect Busiek to take over; I've been around a while. But nothing is impossible, and if Marvel doesn't want him back, that is completely their loss.
    The poll allows for 15 options. There has to be some kind of parameter otherwise the poll would be a mess. For this thread I went with current Marvel writers. It's unfortunate you wouldn't like any of them to write the next Avengers book but such is life occasionally I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    The poll allows for 15 options. There has to be some kind of parameter otherwise the poll would be a mess. For this thread I went with current Marvel writers. It's unfortunate you wouldn't like any of them to write the next Avengers book but such is life occasionally I guess.
    I did not say I would not like any of them to write the Avengers. I merely said I would like to see Busiek write it more than these listed. Of THESE, I'd probably go with Nick Spenser, based on his T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents work. There are other good writers here, obviously, but none of them is jumping out at me as a good candidate for Avengers' scribe.

BANNED

I honestly don't care who it is (I do care actually...) as long as the writer isn't absolute garbage nor a snoozefest.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Al Ewing or James Robinson. Robinson because I feel that he'd bring a sense of history to the books that we haven't seen in a long time. Ewing because he's killing it on Mighty Avengers.
    "Why reference history when you can make it?"

I think this has been Marvel's approach to the Avengers over the last fifteen years. Bendis and Hickman have done some massive world building, pushing the Avengers to the very front of the Marvel Universe.

THAT BEING SAID ... if James Robinson started writing the series, I'd buy it. I've really enjoyed his team books in the past.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    "Why reference history when you can make it?"

I think this has been Marvel's approach to the Avengers over the last fifteen years. Bendis and Hickman have done some massive world building, pushing the Avengers to the very front of the Marvel Universe.

THAT BEING SAID ... if James Robinson started writing the series, I'd buy it. I've really enjoyed his team books in the past.
    With Robinson though, and this is what I love about him, he uses history to make new history. To me, him and Waid are the best at building new stories with the old as a foundation. When he brings back concepts, they're ones that little have been done with or are now forgotten. He uses history as a tool instead of a crutch, like a lot of writers tend to do.

Voted for Al Ewing.

BANNED

1.) Dc lets Scott Snyder write the Avengers and Batman at the same time...

2.) Jason Aaron

jakev37

i think it could be Gerry Duggan, his Deadpool ends in April(?) and he's just got an exclusive contract at Marvel.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'd probably like Aaron myself.

Perhaps not the most consistent writer but when he's on form he's amazing. I really like the fact he often uses lesser used characters or creates his own (Orb, Doctor Midas, Gorr etc) and we already know he writes a great Thor.

He's a big enough name and he's paid his dues.