12 10.00%
  • Simon Spurrier

2 1.67%
  • Other

18 15.00%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Ewing or Waid
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Default Non-serious post

Brian Michael Bendis :P

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

My vote went to Nick Spencer
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Brian Michael Bendis :P
    You take that back!

Robinson for me, because while I'm sure the powers-that-be will insist on having most (if not all) of the movie line-up on the team, Robinson will mine the depths of Avengers lore to find some members who've been off the playing field for a while and give them a real chance to shine. Not to mention all the minor-league, one-off villains the team has faced over the years just waiting to be retooled and brought back as bigger, more legitimate threats.

BANNED

Al Ewing would probably write a book that appealed to both the older and new Avengers readers. I hope Marvel at least considers him. Other than Ewing I would be happy
    with Nick Spencer, Mark Waid, and maybe Rick Remender. I have a suspicion that's who it's going to be, anyway. Wishful thinking would be Kurt Busiek deciding he had a long
    Avengers story he was just dying to do, but I know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Robinson for me, because while I'm sure the powers-that-be will insist on having most (if not all) of the movie line-up on the team, Robinson will mine the depths of Avengers lore to find some members who've been off the playing field for a while and give them a real chance to shine. Not to mention all the minor-league, one-off villains the team has faced over the years just waiting to be retooled and brought back as bigger, more legitimate threats.
    I imagine he'd also put Jim Hammond on the team, which I would be so cool with.

Spectacular Member superiorcrisis's Avatar

Wow. I didn't realize Ewing was this popular.

I wish Slott was up there. Instead I voted for Waid, who would be fine. Like Slott, he seems to really appreciate Marvel's history.

BANNED

Al Ewing. 10 karat

Quote Originally Posted by superiorcrisis View Post
    Wow. I didn't realize Ewing was this popular.

I wish Slott was up there. Instead I voted for Waid, who would be fine. Like Slott, he seems to really appreciate Marvel's history.
    Ewing is super talented. He perfectly balances the character development, action, humour, history etc. Plus when it comes to tie ins he makes the most of a shitty situation. I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel were trying to tie him down to an exclusive.

Sorry I missed Slott, he was on my mental list but....I dunno.

Extraordinary Member

A trivia note is that Waid has come close to being the regular Avengers writer once. He wrote the last 3 issues of Avengers before Heroes Reborn, and after Heroes Reborn, when George Pérez turned down writing Avengers himself (because he didn't feel familiar enough with the continuity), he recommended either Kurt Busiek or Mark Waid. Busiek got it and did fine, but Waid's three issues suggest he would have done fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    So, we still have a few issues of Hickman's epic to come but who would you like to see take over writing duties when the relaunch inevitably comes around?

Sorry I couldn't fit everyone on the poll, hope I didn't miss anybody too obvious. I did include 'other' though.
    It's kind of funny you have Kelly Sue on there but not her husband. Then again, nice a guy as Matt is personally, I do like her writing better.

But I still pick Grant Morrison or Christopher Priest, or failing one of them, Christos Gage.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    It's kind of funny you have Kelly Sue on there but not her husband. Then again, nice a guy as Matt is personally, I do like her writing better.

But I still pick Grant Morrison or Christopher Priest, or failing one of them, Christos Gage.
    I kinda figure Fraction is done with Marvel once Hawkeye is done?

KSD made the list because she's recently written one of the satellite titles and is currently writer of an Avengers' solol.

Charles soule and al Ewing would be fasinating. I suppose it would definitely be possible for both or even more than one writer to write an avengers book post Hickman

Si Spurrier would be amazing, though I know it's a very, very long shot. But based on his Legion story alone Id buy every issue of Spurrier's Avengers.