12 10.00%
  • Simon Spurrier

2 1.67%
  • Other

18 15.00%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I know Ewing is a great writer and a popular guy but I really wasn't expecting him to run away with the poll. As much as I would like to see him get it I think it'll end up with Aaron, Remender or Spencer.
    Yeah, as much as I like Ewing I wasn't expecting him to ''run away'' with this poll. But like you I expect someone else if not the three you mention to get it, wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Does anyone have a list of the writers who attended the Writers Retreat? That could actually help narrow things down. I would imagine the book would have been assigned to someone then.
    That's good thinking.

Astonishing Member

How about Dan Slott?

Al Ewing has to be one of the best writers that marvel has right now. This talk about paying dues point to why there's so much stagnation in so many books now!

I say Peter David, though that's very unlikely. It'll probably be Spencer.

BANNED

1) Charles Soule: the man is a beast and spends 4 hours writing a single issue!

2) Rick Remender: he did well with Axis and creates mind-blowing concepts and fights!

Spectacular Member superiorcrisis's Avatar

If A-Force is going to be the main Avengers series, than the writer is G. Willow Wilson--who didn't receive a single vote. But I may have missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by superiorcrisis View Post
    If A-Force is going to be the main Avengers series, than the writer is G. Willow Wilson--who didn't receive a single vote. But I may have missed something.
    The impression I got is that it'll be the "main" Avengers title during Secret Wars, but will probably be a secondary title after. If Wilson does end up being the writer on a relaunched Avengers, though, I'd be satisfied.

Joshua Hale Fialkov, Gerry Dugan, Or Jason Aaron

I think that Kelly Sue would have the best classic Avengers take... so I vote for her.

I would straight up die if it was Grant Morrison. Doubt it, but I have a feeling he might do something for Marvel somewhat soon besides that All-new Miracleman Annual.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    1) Charles Soule: the man is a beast and spends 4 hours writing a single issue!

2) Rick Remender: he did well with Axis and creates mind-blowing concepts and fights!
    Probably my top two also. Though I don't think I am closed minded about any of the writers in the poll. Whoever it is will have some big shoes to fill.

Extraordinary Member

I didn't vote for her because I love her on Ms. Marvel. And also, I think for Avengers, you need someone who can do things a bit more grand, and Al Ewing has proven he can. Let's see how she does on A-Force, though. I imagine that's gonna be awesome, but I'm still sort of on the fence.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I would love to see Wilson on the book along with KSD, that would be fun.

Choices after them:

Ewing -Lotta respect for the Avengers, his piece on Mighty Avengers 1 was what sold me on him as a writer and the love of continuity.
    Robinson -I know this guy can do huge stories along with small ones. He's really good with making sure even smaller older characters get a chance, while still giving the big guys a shot. I do think if he took over he'd be the most likely to do a mix of old Gen with modern gen characters in there. Much like the JSA.
    Waid -Would be fun, and I think might be interesting.
    Gillian -He tends to do intimate....So I'm in a toss up. He can do big stuff but at the same time he tends to get heady.
    Kathy Immolen (did I spell that right?) -Tends to have fun when writing but also gets the sprite of the story
    Fraction -I liked his hawkeye stuff, I think he could make for a very unique way of story telling. We'll have to see where that goes, I hope he hangs around.

I don't want Bendis, as much as I like him with some writing he's already had his turn. Slott, respectfully I'm not sure if he could deal with the whole slew of the Avengers

Spectacular Member superiorcrisis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorDoom View Post
    I would straight up die if it was Grant Morrison. Doubt it, but I have a feeling he might do something for Marvel somewhat soon besides that All-new Miracleman Annual.
    I am surprised that a writer as big as him hasn't done more work for Marvel.
    What I'm buying: Justice League, Batman, Amazing Spider-Man and a bunch of back issues.

What I'm reading: Ultimate Spider-Man (2000)

Don't tell Willie

"Y'all." - Kevin Malone

I am surprised that a writer as big as him hasn't done more work for Marvel.
    Meh, he just seems to prefer DC. It's where he made his name, and he likes the characters, so he's happy there.