View Poll Results: So, who will it be?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jason Aaron

    8 6.67%
  • Rick Remender

    5 4.17%
  • Charles Soule

    7 5.83%
  • Kelly Sue DeConnick

    3 2.50%
  • Al Ewing

    29 24.17%
  • Nick Spencer

    9 7.50%
  • Brian Wood

    2 1.67%
  • G. Willow Wilson

    3 2.50%
  • Mark Waid

    9 7.50%
  • James Robinson

    8 6.67%
  • Peter David

    4 3.33%
  • Dennis Hopeless

    1 0.83%
  • Kieron Gillen

    12 10.00%
  • Simon Spurrier

    2 1.67%
  • Other

    18 15.00%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 109
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member Nick Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    i dont even know what i want out of an Avengers book now.

    How do you follow up Hickmans run?

    Smaller stories?

    I don't want any of the choices, to be honest.

  2. #47
    Mighty Member electr1cgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    Not sure why Kurt Busiek, one of the most popular Avengers scribes ever, isn't on the list, but he's my choice.

  3. #48
    Astonishing Member Overhazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,148

    Default

    I said soule, the man is on fire, but ewing would be a good call too.

  4. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    i dont even know what i want out of an Avengers book now.

    How do you follow up Hickmans run?

    Smaller stories?
    It's a good question. And frankly, that's the approach I would be inclined to take. A little more a "classic" approach, with a fairly limited core team, and a strong focus on character drama.

    Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Not sure why Kurt Busiek, one of the most popular Avengers scribes ever, isn't on the list, but he's my choice.
    He's probably not on the list because he's not likely to write the book again. He had his run, and it was awesome, but he's largely moved away from Marvel, and even assuming he was interested in returning to the Avengers, Marvel may not want to bring him back, and might prefer instead to give it to their next "star" writer.

    Sorry, but Busiek ain't gonna be taking it over.

  5. #50
    Mighty Member electr1cgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    He's probably not on the list because he's not likely to write the book again. He had his run, and it was awesome, but he's largely moved away from Marvel, and even assuming he was interested in returning to the Avengers, Marvel may not want to bring him back, and might prefer instead to give it to their next "star" writer.

    Sorry, but Busiek ain't gonna be taking it over.
    The poll didn't ask who I 'thought' was going to be the next Avengers' writer. It asked who I would like to be the next Avengers' writer. I hardly expect Busiek to take over; I've been around a while. But nothing is impossible, and if Marvel doesn't want him back, that is completely their loss.

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member Kusanagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,994

    Default

    Ewing, would love to see him on the flagship title.

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Not sure why Kurt Busiek, one of the most popular Avengers scribes ever, isn't on the list, but he's my choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    The poll didn't ask who I 'thought' was going to be the next Avengers' writer. It asked who I would like to be the next Avengers' writer. I hardly expect Busiek to take over; I've been around a while. But nothing is impossible, and if Marvel doesn't want him back, that is completely their loss.
    The poll allows for 15 options. There has to be some kind of parameter otherwise the poll would be a mess. For this thread I went with current Marvel writers. It's unfortunate you wouldn't like any of them to write the next Avengers book but such is life occasionally I guess.

  8. #53
    Mighty Member electr1cgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    The poll allows for 15 options. There has to be some kind of parameter otherwise the poll would be a mess. For this thread I went with current Marvel writers. It's unfortunate you wouldn't like any of them to write the next Avengers book but such is life occasionally I guess.
    I did not say I would not like any of them to write the Avengers. I merely said I would like to see Busiek write it more than these listed. Of THESE, I'd probably go with Nick Spenser, based on his T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents work. There are other good writers here, obviously, but none of them is jumping out at me as a good candidate for Avengers' scribe.

  9. #54
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Battlepizza (aka - Cattleworld)
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    I honestly don't care who it is (I do care actually...) as long as the writer isn't absolute garbage nor a snoozefest.

  10. #55
    Ready to Shrink! xMatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Al Ewing or James Robinson. Robinson because I feel that he'd bring a sense of history to the books that we haven't seen in a long time. Ewing because he's killing it on Mighty Avengers.
    "Why reference history when you can make it?"

    I think this has been Marvel's approach to the Avengers over the last fifteen years. Bendis and Hickman have done some massive world building, pushing the Avengers to the very front of the Marvel Universe.

    THAT BEING SAID ... if James Robinson started writing the series, I'd buy it. I've really enjoyed his team books in the past.
    My fan fiction:

    The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

    The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

  11. #56
    Fantastic 4ever Kirby Krackle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    "Why reference history when you can make it?"

    I think this has been Marvel's approach to the Avengers over the last fifteen years. Bendis and Hickman have done some massive world building, pushing the Avengers to the very front of the Marvel Universe.

    THAT BEING SAID ... if James Robinson started writing the series, I'd buy it. I've really enjoyed his team books in the past.
    With Robinson though, and this is what I love about him, he uses history to make new history. To me, him and Waid are the best at building new stories with the old as a foundation. When he brings back concepts, they're ones that little have been done with or are now forgotten. He uses history as a tool instead of a crutch, like a lot of writers tend to do.

  12. #57

    Default

    Voted for Al Ewing.

  13. #58
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    810

    Default

    1.) Dc lets Scott Snyder write the Avengers and Batman at the same time...

    2.) Jason Aaron

  14. #59
    jakev37
    Guest

    Default

    i think it could be Gerry Duggan, his Deadpool ends in April(?) and he's just got an exclusive contract at Marvel.

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    I'd probably like Aaron myself.

    Perhaps not the most consistent writer but when he's on form he's amazing. I really like the fact he often uses lesser used characters or creates his own (Orb, Doctor Midas, Gorr etc) and we already know he writes a great Thor.

    He's a big enough name and he's paid his dues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •