Default Sol Badguy vs Natsu Dragneel

I figured after finishing GG Xrd and being somewhat influenced by the last Death Battle, I would pit two fighters with intense flame magic and dragon-related abilities against one another. So, how does it go?

Extraordinary Member

How true is it that Sol blew up something that was the same size as mount everest? Because Natsu ain't tanking that.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    How true is it that Sol blew up something that was the same size as mount everest? Because Natsu ain't tanking that.
    was about to ask the same thing. guess i'm not the only one who say that death battle.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

In the manga, the thing was reportedly, "The size of a city" and Sol one shot it by releasing his limiter for a sec.

The series itself is a little tricky to find online at all, let alone translated. I might see if I can dig it up.

Sol is also kind of lacking in speed feats.

Extraordinary Member

Ok.

Natsu's at a level where he treats stuff that's falling or flying through the air like plattforms that he can jump around on and he blitzes arrow timers. Those are the most quantifiable feats he has off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    was about to ask the same thing. guess i'm not the only one who say that death battle.
    You were not. It was a fun one even if I didn't care that much for the characters. The next one I'm really into though.

Sol doesn't have many speed feats. His most notable one so far is him managing to catch up with and ride a missile in Xrd.

As for his strength/power/durability feats:

Speaking of the missile feat, he also handled it exploding right in his face upon impact with the Cradle without a scratch.

In the GGX Drama CD series(which chronologically takes place before Guilty Gear X), he dropkicked Ky's PDF Airship to the ground. He also regenerated immediately after getting shot several times, used Dragon Install(which incinerated most of his assailants by activation) and was proven to be bullet-proof while in DI mode.

In the manga, he also shrugged off being stabbed by Thunderseal, which has the power to nullify the regenerative properties of Gear Cells(as do all Sacred Treasures). He tanked being electrocuted by a lightning bolt when Ky used four booster devices to amplify his lightning magic.

In Sin's short story, He punched Sin(who was physically twelve at the time), who was tied to a tree, so hard that the tree completely uprooted and went crashing through several other trees behind it. Sin himself was only slightly dazed.

In the manga, before the encounter with the aforementioned city-sized Gear, he destroyed a skyscraper with a Tyrant Rave while fighting Ky.

In the Lightning the Argent novel, he blew up an abandoned city block with a charged Gunflame when he first met Raven.

On the match itself, I figured that Natsu's ability to consume nearly all types of flame to heal himself and boost his power, his comparable physical strength, and his superior speed would even out Sol's advantages in raw fire power.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 01-17-2015 at 04:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

My favorite part is how Sol is basically wielding a giant sandwich maker to this fight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Sol doesn't have many speed feats. His most notable one so far is him managing to catch up with and ride a missile in Xrd.
    Sol is scaled to low relativistic based on beating justice in base in accent core and being able to hang with that man in overture in his dragon install.
    As for his strength/power/durability feats:

Speaking of the missile feat, he also handled it exploding right in his face upon impact with the Cradle without a scratch.
    Also he delivered a punch to break through the cradles defenses with help from that man to keep from the force destroying the earth.

Before that he one shotted a cosmic artifact that was scaled universal if unleashed in overture.

Tldr.

On the match itself, I figured that Natsu's ability to consume nearly all types of flame to heal himself and boost his power, his comparable physical strength, and his superior speed would even out Sol's advantages in raw fire power.
    Natsu doesnt have the speed or the strength to comprehend sols attacks and sols flamed are magically a tuned to the back yard which may kill Natsu due to being known to be a lethal anomaly to people who aren't tuned to the force. Plus sol can solo all of the fairy tail universe if he wanted to, he's a confirmed planet buster and too much for even the dragons In the series.

Natsu gets a heavy day or finds sol cool like a fanboy and asks him to train him, sol sighs with annoyance because it's like looking at a second sin.
    Last edited by Heasensy32; 01-17-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Dude...no. You know how our rules work regarding differing mechanics of two separate universes, as well as going purely by character statement alone without concrete evidence. And even then, it took both That Man's magic and Sol's power combined to breach Absolute Defense: Felion's barrier. It is not something that he accomplished on his own. And the "planet-busting" would only occur as a chain reaction from the Cradle's extra dimensional barrier, Sol and That Man if there was a miscalculation in the magical formula being used to break it.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 01-17-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

That's a good speed feat. How far ahead was the missile and generally how was fast it going?
    How big was that explosion? Among Natsu's more impressive durability feats we've got the time he was subjected to an extended beating with a large blast that punched a giant hole in the arena floor all the way into the small mountain the arena was on. Natsu shrugged this off like it was no big thing.
    In the GGX Drama CD series(which chronologically takes place before Guilty Gear X), he dropkicked Ky's PDF Airship to the ground. He also regenerated immediately after getting shot several times, used Dragon Install(which incinerated most of his assailants by activation) and was proven to be bullet-proof while in DI mode.
    How good is his regen? I don't recall Natsu ever fighting a person like that.

If we're talking power ups Natsu has lightning flame dragon mode. The most notable destruction feat for that one is that he sent Jackal flying with a punch and the buildings surrounding Jackal's flight path were disintegrated. Natsu used this mode against Mard Geer and completely failed to do any damage to him in it. Then Natsu' became able to activate Dragon Force and do some real damage to Mard, though Natsu was too beat up to do more than one big attack at the time. Or more quantifiably, he wrecked a big portion of the Nirvana tower with a single punch. Speedwise DF mode also allows him to blitz people that can run circles around his base speed even if they're several floors above him.
    In the manga, before the encounter with the aforementioned city-sized Gear, he destroyed a skyscraper with a Tyrant Rave while fighting Ky.
    Way back in the Phantom Lord arc Natsu wrecked their fortress sized mecha. Most people know that, but I don't think that most people realise that Natsu was actually trying to destroy the mech. It was just an after affect of the beating his gave to Gajeel.
    In the Lightning the Argent novel, he blew up an abandoned city block with a charged Gunflame when he first met Raven.
    As he is wont to do, Natsu accidentally blows up large buildings with singular fire powered punches. It was a comedic situation, but the level of destruction isn't uncommon for Natsu.
    I'm thinking that he would really need to poor on the speed in this fight. Because on blast of that city buster that Sol has and Natsu is going home as ash.

BANNED

Dude...no. You know how our rules work regarding differing mechanics of two separate universes, as well as going purely by character statement alone without concrete evidence. And even then, it took both That Man's magic and Sol's power combined to breach Absolute Defense: Felion's barrier. It is not something that he accomplished on his own. And the "planet-busting" would only occur as a chain reaction from the Cradle's extra dimensional barrier, Sol and That Man if there was a miscalculation in the magical formula being used to break it.
    It's still much more than Natsu's highest showings. And I can say the same about his ability to absorb any fire. And Natsu no limits fallacy is in effect against sol. Being that sols magic is more powerful than Natsu's in fire due to its nature from the gear aspect of being part of the back yards cube prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That's a good speed feat. How far ahead was the missile and generally how was fast it going?
    It has a cruising speed of 5.2 kilometers per second. Here's the video:

How big was that explosion? Among Natsu's more impressive durability feats we've got the time he was subjected to an extended beating with a large blast that punched a giant hole in the arena floor all the way into the small mountain the arena was on. Natsu shrugged this off like it was no big thing.
    The payload was removed, so the explosion wasn't massive. It did seem to encompass a quarter of the Cradle. Skip to 7;00 to see for yourself. Also, take note of the sheer volume and size of the Cradle compared to those air ships positioned around it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maux...o_Eup&index=14

How good is his regen? I don't recall Natsu ever fighting a person like that.
    Like I said, in his sealed form, he can regenerate after being shot full of holes in mere seconds. He also regenerated from a stab wound to the shoulder from a weapon that is explicitly anti-regen for his kind. Dragon Installed or in Gear form, his regenerative power likely increases exponentially, but we haven't seen to what extent as of yet.

I'm thinking that he would really need to pour on the speed in this fight. Because one blast of that city buster that Sol has and Natsu is going home as ash.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 01-17-2015 at 06:53 PM.