Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Never read it. X-Men, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Spider-Man, She-Hulk, Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Defenders, Wolverine, Deadpool, Hulk, Daredevil, Constantine, little Swamp Thing - and more, but no Starman.
    Starman was popular in the 90s, so if you dont read old comics, you probably never heard of it.

All-New Member

Ambush Bug!
    Or Blue and Gold.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
    Giffen's and Bisley's biker Lobo on HBO with lots of violence, vulgarity and nudity.
    I hadn't thought of that.
    Okay, after Bug, and Blue and Gold, Lobo.

Quote Originally Posted by spacegoatpurrp View Post
    I'd watch a Superboy show. I knew they cant really go too much into Connor Kent's life because then they'd have to involve Superman. But I'd still watch him kick ass every week
    Well, there were three Superboy shows already. One was animated, one lasted about four years or so, and one only had a Pilot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Superboy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adv...oy_(TV_series)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superboy_(TV_series)

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I don't think it was a reference to the network but rather DC's parent company...which is Warner Brothers...they currently have DC shows on more than just CW.

Incidentally, you should read Starman...it was awesome (though I found the ending a bit weak) and I would love to see it as a TV series but I have a bad feeling they would try to mainstream it too much and take everything that was cool out of it.
    Yeah, possibly. Just thought they were referring to The WB, before it became The CW.

Though, if they were saying Raven could fit anywhere, like Fox, or NBC, I don't know. I mean, still Warner, but not the best channel the former, and latter maybe, but TNT might be better with Titans, and especially CW.

Who knows, maybe, sounds interesting-ish, but still don't know what the premise is, characters, all that.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, possibly. Just thought they were referring to The WB, before it became The CW.

Though, if they were saying Raven could fit anywhere, like Fox, or NBC, I don't know. I mean, still Warner, but not the best channel the former, and latter maybe, but TNT might be better with Titans, and especially CW.

Who knows, maybe, sounds interesting-ish, but still don't know what the premise is, characters, all that.
    Jack Knight/Starman is the son of the golden age hero and genius inventor Ted Knight/Starman...after Ted retires (partly due to a mental breakdown over his role in the invention of the atomic bomb), his older son briefly becomes Starman only to be murdered which forces Jack, who had no interest in being a hero, to take up the mantle...he makes a deal with his dad that he will be the hero if his dad will go back to being a scientist and develop his cosmic Starman tech for the betterment of the world...the series was very eclectic, for lack of a better term...and really played on a lot of obscure and largely forgotten characters and bits of DC history and made a lot of cheesy old plots and characters interesting and cool...I really miss the book and am still bummed that James Robinson, the creator/writer, has not allowed him to appear since it ended...of course, Jack couldn't even exist in the New 52 so.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 01-18-2015 at 06:44 PM.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Deathstroke all the way! I know he's not exactly hero material, but not only is he one of my favorite DC villains, he's one of my favorite Anti-heroes! If DC were to get Manu Bennett to reprise his role, than I think you've got a good Deathstroke show. Hell, let's push the boundaries and give him a movie!!
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Blue Beetle is my top choice, but I'm worried that TV CGI still isn't there to make his armor look right. The one they did on Smallville was comically bad.

Well, there were three Superboy shows already. One was animated, one lasted about four years or so, and one only had a Pilot.
    Plus another one called Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pow! View Post
    Plus another one called Smallville.
    Ah yeah, saw that listed there, too, but though, nah, not called Superboy, and more Super-teen, Superman in training, all that, I felt.

after reading the new Batgirl series (the soft re-reboot) I think the comic could be perfectly translated into a Sherlock/Flash like show with a flair of college hipsterness (the good kind) so that would be the coolest one to see if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Blue Beetle is my top choice, but I'm worried that TV CGI still isn't there to make his armor look right. The one they did on Smallville was comically bad.

Which is why you go with Blue Beetle (Ted Kord).

Quote Originally Posted by spacegoatpurrp View Post
    I'd watch a Superboy show. I knew they cant really go too much into Connor Kent's life because then they'd have to involve Superman. But I'd still watch him kick ass every week
    Early Superboy with his Peter Pan-esque personality and surrounded by comic book science? I'd watch that without a doubt.

Astonishing Member

A Swamp Thing series would be cool.

Raukodraug

Jack Knight, the O'Dares and the Shade... Starman would be absolutely perfect for a television adaptation.