Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I know right?

I'm impressed at how likeable he made Crux

And Silva needs to draw Jason like, forever

Jason has never looked better.
    That art is really nice. I may have to pick this issue up. While I think Lobdell has been the best writer for this series, I wouldn't mind if a better writer came along. However, I'm not 100% sure who would be a good choice. I think Judd Winick might be a good choice.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Amazing Member

This is the first issue I picked up and I enjoyed it.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I don't think that Winnick would be a great choice, he seems to have hit a wall with Jason. Lost Days was "Missed Potential: the series" while the final B&R arc started strong and whimpered to the end.

Of current writers the one I'd trust 100% is Pak, he has written the Outlaws wonderfully. Other than him, Higgins did an alright job with Jason on Eternal but I wouldn't say he's the righ choice. Sadly, the writers I've liked to see on the title have left DC: Soule, Taylor, Kotz or Fialkov.

^ So glad you enjoyed it!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

That was a great issue all around. Nice art and I'm beginning to like Crux and think he might make a good addition to the team. Also Jason's disguise was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffX View Post
    This is the first issue I picked up and I enjoyed it.
    Glad you enjoyed it. I've been pretty much enjoying it myself since it started.

I don't think that Winnick would be a great choice, he seems to have hit a wall with Jason. Lost Days was "Missed Potential: the series" while the final B&R arc started strong and whimpered to the end.
    I think part of the problem with that last arc was that it was rushed due to the impending reboot but I agree that "The Streets Run Red" started off strong and then it fell apart. I was pretty disappointed by it although to be honest by that point I was tired of that particular portrayal of Jason anyway so that might have figured into it.

Of current writers the one I'd trust 100% is Pak, he has written the Outlaws wonderfully. Other than him, Higgins did an alright job with Jason on Eternal but I wouldn't say he's the righ choice. Sadly, the writers I've liked to see on the title have left DC: Soule, Taylor, Kotz or Fialkov.
    I'm not sure who I would trust to write RHatO myself. On the one hand I'm afraid that the wrong writer will cause Jason to backslide into the pre-N52 version of himself complete with all the problems of that version and on the other I felt burned by the last two writers they put on the title so I'm a little fearful of any creative team change whatsoever here.

Are you planning to review it? If so I look forward to seeing what you thought.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-24-2015 at 02:33 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Indeed I'll review this issue. Although it might been a while before it goes online, the page owner will go on vacation for a few weeks.

Frankly, I don't think any writer under the Batman office can be trusted with RHATO. Jason's been pitiful on Eternal

EDIT: I was reading some reviews of the issue on Comic Book Roundup and I have to ask, does the reviewers actually read the book? The only valid complaint is the critic on Blackfire's weird pose at the end. Other complaints are things like "The artwork flows well within battle segments, but fails to adequately capture any feeling when characters aren’t battling all sorts of space aliens" (What?) or "the narrative suffers heavily from the stagnant story" (sure, Arkham Asylum rehabiliting someone and getting an excellent addtion to the cast is stagnant)

WTF

Is pretty obvious that Lobdell isn't the authors' favorite writer but well, as review I'd expect objectivity and I dunno, give a little thought to the book they're reviewing
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 01-24-2015 at 11:21 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

EDIT: I was reading some reviews of the issue on Comic Book Roundup and I have to ask, does the reviewers actually read the book? The only valid complaint is the critic on Blackfire's weird pose at the end. Other complaints are things like "The artwork flows well within battle segments, but fails to adequately capture any feeling when characters aren’t battling all sorts of space aliens" (What?) or "the narrative suffers heavily from the stagnant story" (sure, Arkham Asylum rehabiliting someone and getting an excellent addtion to the cast is stagnant)

WTF

Is pretty obvious that Lobdell isn't the authors' favorite writer but well, as review I'd expect objectivity and I dunno, give a little thought to the book they're reviewing
    That's just it, they don't seem to give much thought at all in some cases. I sometimes think that reviewers just skim the books they review if they're not ones that particularly interest them or if the characters or writer isn't one they care for. There are also a lot of biased reviewers out there that have already made up their minds about the titles they review and very often a title that they have decided is bad will never get a objective review from them. (It also happens with books that they really like as well.) In any case I look forward to your review of this one.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG