Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: "The Shield" Debuts in Archie's April Dark Circle Solicitations

Get the exclusive first look at Archie's April line up of Dark Circle titles, including cover art by David Mack, Howard Chaykin and more!

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Hoping this new mini-launch of superheroes and their universe can fill the void that the DynaKey material really never did for me.
    I'm a huge VALIANT fan(that line seems safe for now) as well as Project Black Sky at Dark Horse but sadly that seems to be a line in trouble. Shame too cause it's so, so good.

I'm willing to give Archie a chance at my superhero dollars for a spell, see if you can impress me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I am totally getting all of these. Love that Andrew Robinson Shield variant cover....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Hoping this new mini-launch of superheroes and their universe can fill the void that the DynaKey material really never did for me.
    I'm a huge VALIANT fan(that line seems safe for now) as well as Project Black Sky at Dark Horse but sadly that seems to be a line in trouble. Shame too cause it's so, so good.

I'm willing to give Archie a chance at my superhero dollars for a spell, see if you can impress me.
    I think the real problem here with the Dynakey nonsense is that Dynamite has too many books out all at the same time and even when the quality is there the readers aren't. The recent King Features debacle with hideous covers and subpar art is another example of even the quality eroding away. Archie is the real problem with the Red Circle characters because it's simply not the right company to make these characters work. Red Circle needs to part of a total Valiant style buyout and the same is true of the others I've mentioned here. Even that may not save these older comic lines because contemporary readers are too young to know who these characters are and what they represent. Archie would be better launching these as animated( high quality that is) or even live action TV shows or Movies. that's where the market is these days.

It's me or in every iteration of the Shield, the first thing the character do is... run away?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Yes! The Shield looks so good! I am so excited. I have no idea which cover to get. Most likely the Andrew and Hack one, but they are all so good.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

The fox, the shield, mighty no 9, daredevil. There's a lot to look forward to come april.

Yes, that Robinson cover makes me want to read this book...

I love that Wilfredo Torress Sheild Variant, can't wait for Blackhood next month...

Not to be a downer, but the black circle movement, was supposed to start in Febuary, with Blackhood leading the way, Archie behind already, Sheild was suppose to be a March release, with the Fox, coming out in April, and if this is April solicits, why they showing May's cover art for the Fox, with a 5/6 date, smh, it's a mess already...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    I love that Wilfredo Torress Sheild Variant, can't wait for Blackhood next month...

Not to be a downer, but the black circle movement, was supposed to start in Febuary, with Blackhood leading the way, Archie behind already, Sheild was suppose to be a March release, with the Fox, coming out in April, and if this is April solicits, why they showing May's cover art for the Fox, with a 5/6 date, smh, it's a mess already...
    The Shield was always going to come out in April not March, as far as I know they never said March. The first date we saw was when I asked Jon Goldwater on reddit AMA, and he announced it for April haha. They show the Fox's early cause I guess it's close to the start of May maybe haha, it's not a negative to show it early.

Blackhood 1 is in February, Blackhood 2 is in March, Blackhood 3 is in April, The Fox 1 is in April, The Shield 1 is in April and The Fox 2 comes out in May. I don't see any mess haha. But maybe that's just me lol.

But I soooo agree with you on that The Shield cover by Wilfredo, it looks so good. They all do. Its going to be hard to pick haha.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-19-2015 at 01:29 AM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!