Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Southern Cross #1

NOW BOARDING: Southern Cross, tanker flight 73 to TITAN!
    Alex Braith is on board retracing her sister's steps to the refinery moon, hoping to collect her remains and find some answers. The questions keep coming though -- how did her sister die? Where did her cabin mate disappear to? Who is that creep across the hall? And why does she always feel like she's being watched?
    Inspired by classic mysteries and weird fiction, SOUTHERN CROSS is a crucible of creeping anxiety and fear as Braith struggles with the ghosts of her past on board a ship that holds secrets best kept buried.

Full preview here.

Looks interesting enough. Might give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Looks interesting enough. Might give it a look.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm giving this a try.

Looking good. I was not familiar with Belanger's art so I was a little hesitant for that reason, so I'm happy to see that the book looks fine. I love Loughridge's colors, he's just about my favorite colorist now.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Been looking forward to this since it was announced. Anything Becky Cloonan does, I'll probably be in for. I was a bit hesitant about Belanger's art - I was bummed Cloonan wasn't drawing and wasn't familiar with his work. The art looks go though, and sort of in a similar mold as Cloonan and, for that matter, Ming Doyle. So it still feels like a Cloonan book.

Quote Originally Posted by King's_Gambit View Post
    The art looks go though, and sort of in a similar mold as Cloonan and, for that matter, Ming Doyle. So it still feels like a Cloonan book.
    Yeah I agree with you, there's something about the art that reminds me of Cloonan a bit and works quite well.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

I just reviewed it (link in the signature) and thought it was pretty damn good. 9 out of 10.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.