Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by macattack80 View Post
    Got this title added to the pull list. Loving the character designs. Can't wait for this!
    Thank you for the pull list. It really means a lot to see the support from readers.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    I wasn't interested in Bomb Queen as a character, but I liked the art style. I picked up several copies of 5 Weapons from the rack to thumb through them, toying with the idea of giving the book a try. FINALLY, after seeing this preview, I think I'm ready to give a Jimmy Robinson book a try. The art, concept, and premise all seem like they right up my alley.

If this book is as good as it looks to be, I might even pick up those 5 Weapon back-issues in digital.
    I FULLY understand your reluctance with Bomb Queen. That series was clearly aimed at a certain audience. It was a VERY black comedy satire. Bomb Queen is the anomaly to what I usually do in comics. A lot of folks know me for Bomb Queen, but my career orbits a whole lot more than that. I hope you give Five Weapons a spin. It's completely different than Bomb Queen. In fact, that is a problem I tend to have.... I will create a new series that has zero in common with the last thing I did, thus I tend to lose some readers because I am reinventing the wheel every time. But, I'm just a guy with a ton of ideas and I want to get as many of them done before I get hit by a bus or something, hahaha!

So yeah, Bomb Queen was insane. But my Evil & Malice was a fun all-ages book for girls (it was even optioned for TV animation). Five Weapons was another fun spin on an all-ages concept (with a cool twist). Amanda & Gunn was a nice slice of hard boiled sci-f with a slice of Twin Peaks. Code Blue was my attempt at Gray's Anatomy -- a medical drama for comics. Wolverine What If? was me having fun in the Marvel Universe. Avigon: Gods & Demons was my splash with a bit of political/ romance manga. T-Runt! was a children's book I did with Image aimed at the book market for 8 year-olds. (I won't even list all the anthologies or my self-published work) And now I'm doing The Empty. A sci-fi fantasy that I am 100% doing myself. Write, draw, color, letter, you name it. I wouldn't recommend following my zig-zag path around comics, but I love the medium and I'm never afraid to try something new.

I'm glad my new series might be something right up your alley. I guess that's my formula... I hop around different genres and books and stories just to see what sticks.
    If I was smart I'd try out for something at Marvel or DC and build an audience. Though I am really amped for the return of Milestone. I'd love to do something with them.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on so... I'm just sitting here eating dinner and thought I'd chime in, since issue #1 is about to hit stores this week.

All-New Member

Also, you don't to take my word for it.... Coming Up Comics did an advance review of issue #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie_Robinson View Post
    Thank you for the pull list. It really means a lot to see the support from readers.
    You're welcome. Thank you for mingling with the readers.

All-New Member

I'm a reader, too. Hahah! We're all readers of comics. There's just SO MANY books nowadays it's hard to read all the things I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie_Robinson View Post
    Hey what's up CBR readers? I'm Jimmie Robinson. Creator, writer, artist, colorist, letterer for THE EMPTY, which comes out Feb. 11th from Shadowline Comics / Image Comics.
    If you have a question about the series feel free to ask me.
    Writer, artist, colourist, letterer -- you're like the Beck of comics!!
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

RobThorley

I loved Five Weapons, and my local comic store has just put The Empty aside for me. Looking forward to getting my grubby little mitts on a new Jimmie Robinson story !!

I was worried I wouldn't like this and would have to feel like a total jerk posting a negative review while the creator hangs ITT. Luckily it was really good so I don't need to go through the awkwardness. Great world, art, characters, and final page to keep me coming back.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

The book's art looks really nice and I loved Five Weapons and wish I had bought the singles instead of trade waiting it. I'm gonna get issue 1 as soon as I can. Good luck and thank you for your work Mr. Robinson.

Amazing Member

What did everyone think of this one? I seen it at my LCS when I went to pickup some short boxes and snagged it. I have not yet read it but curious if others have any opinion yet. Hoping to read it this weekend to see if it's my kinda book so i can pre-order #2 before that time is up at my normal online comic acquisition store.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Selykg View Post
    What did everyone think of this one? I seen it at my LCS when I went to pickup some short boxes and snagged it. I have not yet read it but curious if others have any opinion yet. Hoping to read it this weekend to see if it's my kinda book so i can pre-order #2 before that time is up at my normal online comic acquisition store.
    When you read it, let me know what you think. I'm not sure what kind of book you like, but I will say that if you stick with this I do have a couple of twists ahead.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    The book's art looks really nice and I loved Five Weapons and wish I had bought the singles instead of trade waiting it. I'm gonna get issue 1 as soon as I can. Good luck and thank you for your work Mr. Robinson.
    Thank you Crazy Diamond. I appreciate your support.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HankSantana View Post
    I was worried I wouldn't like this and would have to feel like a total jerk posting a negative review while the creator hangs ITT. Luckily it was really good so I don't need to go through the awkwardness. Great world, art, characters, and final page to keep me coming back.
    Thanks! Hahah! Even if you didn't like it I would understand. Not every book is right for every person -- and I'm trying to break a few rules with The Empty, so I admit it might be an acquired taste.