Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie_Robinson View Post
    Actually, I am only doing The Empty. Five Weapons was cancelled due to low sales. It was a mere 300 copies from the cancel cut off point, so it ceased publication at issue #10 (though I had it written out to #20). So I'm only doing this now. I LOVED Five Weapons, but it didn't get enough traction to keep it alive. At a certain point, I would have to *pay* to keep it in print (which, I was about to do), however the opportunity to do The Empty came up, so I put my energy into this. This time I am doing *everything* on the book, thus I won't have to split the profits which will help keep the book alive for all six issues (and hopefully MORE).
    Aww man! I'm so sorry, this is news to me. Now I'm bummed.

Maybe in the future, in some iteration, we'll get another 5 Weapons. But in the mean time, great luck with The Empty. The pages look fantastic so far!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Aww man! I'm so sorry, this is news to me. Now I'm bummed.

Maybe in the future, in some iteration, we'll get another 5 Weapons. But in the mean time, great luck with The Empty. The pages look fantastic so far!
    Yeah, you're not the only one who was bummed by the lost of Five Weapons. I had a LOT of plans for that series. I even got it green-lit for ongoing. Thanks for supporting my work.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I absolutely enjoyed the heck out of Five Weapons (one of my honorable mentions for the Best of the Year List I did) and while this doesn't really look like my type of genre, I'm willing to give it a shot to see how it goes!

All-New Member

Thanks! And also thank you for the best of the year mention. Seriously, I don't think anyone put me on any list for 2014. Haha! You might be the only one.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Thanks! And also thank you for the best of the year mention. Seriously, I don't think anyone put me on any list for 2014. Haha! You might be the only one.
    Chances are extremely high that I'm the only one. But hey, a good comic is a good comic and it deserves recognize if it sticks with you like Five Weapons did with me.

Love the Preview Jimmie! Can't wait to get another cool series from you.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

Examples of the cover design...
    Also, for the record... I am 3 issues ahead of shipping, so the book will NOT be late.

Attachment 15941
    I really like the covers. Not overly busy as a lot are. Nice.

It looks like there is now another book I have to try. Image is not friendly to my bank account. Thank you for all the information, Jimmie!
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|RAT QUEENS|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM

knothead

Looks fantastic. Great introduction to a new world. I can hardly wait.

Pestilence

I love post apocalyptic stories and looking so forward to this book that I already added it to my sub. Good luck!

Spectacular Member Living Silver's Avatar

I wasn't interested in Bomb Queen as a character, but I liked the art style. I picked up several copies of 5 Weapons from the rack to thumb through them, toying with the idea of giving the book a try. FINALLY, after seeing this preview, I think I'm ready to give a Jimmy Robinson book a try. The art, concept, and premise all seem like they right up my alley.

If this book is as good as it looks to be, I might even pick up those 5 Weapon back-issues in digital.
    Quicksilver.tk

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    I wasn't interested in Bomb Queen as a character, but I liked the art style. I picked up several copies of 5 Weapons from the rack to thumb through them, toying with the idea of giving the book a try. FINALLY, after seeing this preview, I think I'm ready to give a Jimmy Robinson book a try. The art, concept, and premise all seem like they right up my alley.

If this book is as good as it looks to be, I might even pick up those 5 Weapon back-issues in digital.
    I would really recommend picking up the 5 Weapons series. It was really good. The only thing I would say is be ready for the ending to wrap up quickly and nicely but that was because the decision was made to end the book after the 2nd arc due to sales. Other than that one quibble the series was fantastic.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

Five Weapons was cancelled due to low sales.
    ;_;
    No more weapons club hijinks?
    Oh well, The Empty looks cool, the covers to #3 and #4 are exceptionally nice.

Got this title added to the pull list. Loving the character designs. Can't wait for this!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HankSantana View Post
    ;_;
    No more weapons club hijinks?
    Oh well, The Empty looks cool, the covers to #3 and #4 are exceptionally nice.
    Thanks for the kind words about Five Weapons. Yeah, it was fun and I had a lot of plans for it. I hope you pick up and enjoy The Empty. I'm pouring a lot of love into it -- since I'm doing ALL of the work.