Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Why can't she get her wonder-powers, the same way she did, pre-Crisis? Zap her with a purple ray or some arcane mystical ceremony! Something simple, like Byrne's 'magic mirror' story.

I understand that it may be commonplace in the gaming world, ..but, I just don't think Donna needs a 'Lord Of The Rings' length epic to explain her existence, Doctor. I don't understand why Donna's origin can't be told in one or two pages, ..instead of some preposterous six-issue miniseries! The idea that a longer story makes a better story just doesn't hold any water with me.

Anybody remember Cross-Gen? Most of us don't.

It's almost, as if people don't know how to write superhero origins anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the Titans of Myth connected to Donna any more. That was the beginning of the end for her Post-Crisis as far as confusion goes IMO but at the same time, I don't like the idea of Donna getting powers by being zapped by the Purple Ray. If that was the case, why couldn't the Amazons zap all women with the Purple Ray? I'd rather Donna was somehow Diana's biological sister.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I don't want the Titans of Myth connected to Donna any more. That was the beginning of the end for her Post-Crisis as far as confusion goes IMO but at the same time, I don't like the idea of Donna getting powers by being zapped by the Purple Ray. If that was the case, why couldn't the Amazons zap all women with the Purple Ray? I'd rather Donna was somehow Diana's biological sister.
    No misunderstanding, here.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    If memory serves, at least Silver/Bronze Age-wise, it wasn't that the purple ray gave Donna her powers (as in somehow whammo-- you got powers outta nowhere), but that they were able to use it to take a fraction of each Amazon's power and give it to Donna.... so if we go by that standard, then it wouldn't be possible to zap every woman & give them power.... plus it's a sort of beautiful gesture each Amazon makes in accepting Donna into their nation and as an adopted Princess...

M

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Thank you, W-39.

The few New Teen Titans fans that I have corresponded with do not like what the Nu52 has done to NTT continuity/history. Under Nu52, it seems that Cyborg, Donna, Kid Flash and Nightwing were never Titans, and that the title's impact on the quality of DC Comics, overall - not to mention our memories of the NTT cast - means nothing to this publisher. We have been completely disrespected, here.

I agree with you that, if we must suffer the Titans of Myth junk (at ALL), their role in Donna's origin could be dramatically reduced, allowing her to grow up on the island, with the Amazons.

As for the hypothetical cataclysmic event in my suggestion, it's nothing more than a proposal explanation for how she becomes separated from the Amazons and their island.
    You don't want to get me started on what the Nu-niverse has done to the Titans, let alone anything else in DC's world (bleh)

Hate that there is no history of Titans.... hate that Cyborg is in JLA...etc...etc...etc

For me-- we needed the original Multiverse --in a refined way--to come back after this "final" cataclysmic event (pre Flashpoint)....original Earths 1-3, Post Crisis Earth could be 4 or 0 or something. Earth 52 is this post FLashPoint Earth.

It allows everyone's favorite version of a character to still exist. It allows for more storytelling to unfold because you have more characters to work with. Legacies are intact. You could have a team up of like Golden Age WW and NU52 WW..... You don't have to show all the other Earths all the time, it's basically "we're focused on Earth 52 for the foreseeable future" It's basically what they did (inadvertently) to separate the Golden and Silver Ages...

SO we get "our" Earth 1 Titans (New Teen and all) while Earth 52 gets it's version (such as it is...) Then if they don't bring Donna into the 52 (and honestly, I hope they don't-- my love for the character is saying that) or she's some jacked up whatever version of "Donna", then somewhere out there I know Donna Hinkley Stacy Troy Long (Troy) is still somewhere out there, having adventures with her big sis and her best friends and teammates....

M

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    If memory serves, at least Silver/Bronze Age-wise, it wasn't that the purple ray gave Donna her powers (as in somehow whammo-- you got powers outta nowhere), but that they were able to use it to take a fraction of each Amazon's power and give it to Donna.... so if we go by that standard, then it wouldn't be possible to zap every woman & give them power.... plus it's a sort of beautiful gesture each Amazon makes in accepting Donna into their nation and as an adopted Princess...

M

Thanks for the clarification. I do like Donna Pre-Crisis origin better after finding this out although I would still prefer she and Diana to be biological sisters so they could have similar power-sets in the New 52.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Donna could be her twin sister or younger sister. Also what about Nubia? We haven't seen her and she is the first one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Donna could be her twin sister or younger sister. Also what about Nubia? We haven't seen her and she is the first one.
    Nubia is Wonder Woman of another earth, I think earth #23.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I honestly think she'll be the new Donna Troy. Look at the New 52's Wally West and Etta Candy, a slightly different version of this is probably right around the corner.

Astonishing Member

so long as it doesn't end up being doomsday virus + superman + wonder woman = donna