Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default In The Wake of Hickman's Finale, Marvel Teases "All-New, All-Different Avengers"

The inevitable "Avengers" relaunch is set for May, but the cast and creative team remains a mystery surrounding "Secret Wars."

Full article here.

Mighty Member

I think Marvel should cancel its entire line of Books ,then Restart them as All New all Different

Amazing Member

I hope "All-New, All-Different" is just a cover slogan like it was in the '70s for X-Men (and "The Man Without Fear" is for Daredevil) and not the full, official name of the new vol. of Avengers. Because "All, New, All-Different Avengers" is a clunky mouthful of a title.

BANNED

Maybe we'll for once have a TRUE avengers team that incorporates Mutants/Inhumans/Super powered (science accidents) heroes under one roof instead of so many interations.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I kinda thought Hickman's run was going to last at least through Secret Wars; he needed the two extra books to flesh out Infinity and to be honest even then the event still kind of felt rushed.

I'm anxious to see who's on the book next.

BANNED

It's like all new Captain America. Also this is either the People on the secret War cover or maybe the mcu version. They did hint on tumblers mcu may be a part of the battleworld.

Amazing Member

I'll be surprised if this has anything to do with "Secret War"/Battleworld. The smart money is on this title hewing even closer to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. If you like the Avengers in the movies, and you picked up literally any of the Avengers books currently on the stands, you would be totally confused as to what was going on, and who most of those characters are. With the addition of Vision, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch in "Age of Ultron," and with Ant-Man (and probably Wasp), Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther all coming to screens soon, there's a decent slate of characters for the comics to use that MCU fans will recognize. I suspect they will make up the bulk of the team, fleshed out with a few other characters who may or may not end up on screen sometime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Black Knight, Hercules, She-Hulk, and Tigra make their way into the movie mix before very long (after Phase III, obviously). Any/all of those would work well in the movies, and they all have solid histories with the team.

I also won't be surprised if an Inhuman or two is on the team (Medusa? That fire one they're relentlessly pushing?). I won't be surprised if Spider-Man and Wolverine are sidelined (Wolverine is dead currently, anyway). They were important for reigniting the franchise back when "New Avengers" debuted, but now they're actually less popular than the core Avengers characters. I also won't be shocked if several members of the FF are incorporated into the team, specifically Reed and Sue. We all know that title is ending, but Marvel still wants to use the characters. Reed and Sue have served, briefly, as Avengers before. Marvel has been giving both of them prominent roles in the broader comic universe for the past several years. And frankly I think Sue would be a freaking kick-ass addition to that roster.

It's possible that Marvel could do something totally audacious and really do a whole new take on the team. But Hickman's version was a departure in certain ways already. Going with a classic approach -- the mansion, a smaller team, focused on super-villain threats -- would be a change at this point. The safe bet is on the next volume tying much closer to the cinematic and TV properties. And there's really nothing wrong with that. Why fight with success? Especially when, at this point, most of the fan-favorite characters are being used in multimedia properties?

Extraordinary Member

I just hope Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver aren't kept off this team by their commitment to "Uncanny Avengers."

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

I actually hope that this is something 'All-New, All-Different', not just the same sort of team we usually get. There's already enough Captain America, Thor and Iron Man for my liking.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I kinda thought Hickman's run was going to last at least through Secret Wars; he needed the two extra books to flesh out Infinity and to be honest even then the event still kind of felt rushed.

I'm anxious to see who's on the book next.
    I am too; however, those are going to be some big shoes to fill. This Avengers ride over the last couple of years has been amazing.

I don't envy the next writer.

all teen characters.

until Secret Wars is finished.

I would love that

I thought they would wait till September for the relaunch
    We need better comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    I am too; however, those are going to be some big shoes to fill. This Avengers ride over the last couple of years has been amazing.

I don't envy the next writer.
    I think the next writer will be fine as long as he/she does something very different from Hickman. His run has some big fans (like yourself) but has been divisive (I don't think it feels like an Avengers book at all). The Avengers is not really that hard a book to take over because it has a different roster and approach with every writer, so there's no need to live up to what the last writer has done like there is with other franchises.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I suspect the movie Avengers(definitely the big three) with BP,CAPTAIN MARVEL,DOC STRANGE, AND MEDUSA rounding the team out.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I think Marvel should cancel its entire line of Books ,then Restart them as All New all Different
    I thought they might've ''benched'' Avengers for the duration of ''Secret Wars'' but clearly not. Just have to wait now to find out who the writer is.