Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's amusing that people from the US South and Midwest (like USAgent or Cannonball) are less represented, in general, than fictional groups like Atlanteans, Eternals, Inhumans, Wakandans, etc.

I imagine it's less any sort of intentional anti-south or anti-Midwest animus, and more the Marvel (and DC) writers seeming to think that residents of New York City (or Metropolis) are the only American population group.
    Which is why it is so nice to see them (Cannonball and Smasher) end up together.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Same here. But obviously not.
    here is Brevoort's response:

"You’re making an assumption about what that teaser is all about.

There is no AVENGERS or NEW AVENGERS series in May. or June for that matter—as I said in that interview.

But assuming that we’ll have some manner of AVENGERS book at some point, don’t worry—we’ve been through transitions before, and while every creative choice hasn’t always worked out, our track record has been pretty good overall."

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    here is Brevoort's response:

"You’re making an assumption about what that teaser is all about.

There is no AVENGERS or NEW AVENGERS series in May. or June for that matter—as I said in that interview.

But assuming that we’ll have some manner of AVENGERS book at some point, don’t worry—we’ve been through transitions before, and while every creative choice hasn’t always worked out, our track record has been pretty good overall."
    Huh. Okay. I only ''made an assumption'' based on what he said in the interview lol. On CBR no less.

Thanks for posting his response runguy.

Fantastic Member

Could this just be a teaser for the FCBD issue? Maybe it will just be a short teaser story of what Avengers is going to be after Secret Wars?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

That is a possibility youthoftoday

I hope this is a team of losers assembled by SHIELD while all the heroes are missing

BANNED

Says all different. So it's mostly all different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    Says all different. So it's mostly all different.
    We can't necessarily take the title literally. The 05 book is entitled All New X-men.

BANNED

They're all new versions having new adventures divergent from the real o5.

Spectacular Member superiorcrisis's Avatar

I wonder who's going to be on it. Slott would be good, but he's busy on ASM, and didn't even want to be on Silver Surfer. Remender is the closest to Marvel's "main writer", but he's on Uncanny Avengers. I would hope Waid, because he appreciates Marvel's history, and isn't obsessed with movie tie-ins, but that's why he probably WON'T be writing it.

BANNED

so who is the creator of the machine that allows the sunspot multiversal avengers to travel between universes?

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    so who is the creator of the machine that allows the sunspot multiversal avengers to travel between universes?
    I think it's a protocol given to Sunspot by their "insider" Beast and AIM built the actual thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    I think it's a protocol given to Sunspot by their "insider" Beast and AIM built the actual thing.
    i thought Reed would of build it since he built the Bridge..but that was just viewing multiverses not actually traveling their

what has reed been up to lately

Maybe it's a team of Avengers formed FOR the Secret War...like representatives from the various Earths/universes join together to try and police things during the Wars. You could have reps from the 616 and Ultimate universes working on a team alongside folks like Captain Assyria, Skullfire, and St. George.

They're probably trying going to slap together a "different" team initially and add the characters that sell later going forward. Marvel's been too reliant on roster shake ups the past decade or so to generate sales but the writing's still meh.