Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Whatever this, it has to be pretty damn unique to top hickmans epic scale avengers run. Not to mention the team has an army of heroes at their disposal.

I have a felling it's going to be age of ultron cast... And the first villain they come up against will be ultron.

Either way, I'm sure marvel know what they're doing.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Didn't they say every Marvel Title is tying into Secret Wars? So one would assume this would too, unless being out at the time of AOU means it's going to be a special exception, somehow.

Anyway, a team comprised of various multiverse characters as the new Avengers would be interesting if it is tying into Secret Wars. Maybe Planet Hulk Cap, Iron Galactus, Ultimate Thor and Hawkeye, that future teen Hulk from Old Man Logan, some version of Black Widow and maybe the House of M Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Plus Vision I guess.

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Though I typically lament Marvel's too-obvious attempts to line up 616 with the MCU, I would actually be in favor of seeing a single Avengers team that resembles more closely the MCU version.

Probably because I feel the title has lost its way in all the cosmic stuff it's been involved with since Hickman took over (sorry, I just haven't enjoyed any of it, it seems more targeted at hardcore sci-fi fans).

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Meh. Ye Old shadow teaser is just the same stub it always is. I'll wait till the brass gets in an actual interview before giving any thoughts to this.

Eeesh. My pull list has already shrunk to 3 titles with all the weird crap they've been doing with their characters lately, and two of those are Avengers/New Avengers.

Hope they don't weird it up and knock out those 2 also. (Though a single, smaller Avengers book does sound nice instead of the massive roster and 14 different variations)

Quote Originally Posted by notable View Post
    I'll be surprised if this has anything to do with "Secret War"/Battleworld. The smart money is on this title hewing even closer to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. If you like the Avengers in the movies, and you picked up literally any of the Avengers books currently on the stands, you would be totally confused as to what was going on, and who most of those characters are. With the addition of Vision, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch in "Age of Ultron," and with Ant-Man (and probably Wasp), Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther all coming to screens soon, there's a decent slate of characters for the comics to use that MCU fans will recognize. I suspect they will make up the bulk of the team, fleshed out with a few other characters who may or may not end up on screen sometime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Black Knight, Hercules, She-Hulk, and Tigra make their way into the movie mix before very long (after Phase III, obviously). Any/all of those would work well in the movies, and they all have solid histories with the team.

I also won't be surprised if an Inhuman or two is on the team (Medusa? That fire one they're relentlessly pushing?). I won't be surprised if Spider-Man and Wolverine are sidelined (Wolverine is dead currently, anyway). They were important for reigniting the franchise back when "New Avengers" debuted, but now they're actually less popular than the core Avengers characters. I also won't be shocked if several members of the FF are incorporated into the team, specifically Reed and Sue. We all know that title is ending, but Marvel still wants to use the characters. Reed and Sue have served, briefly, as Avengers before. Marvel has been giving both of them prominent roles in the broader comic universe for the past several years. And frankly I think Sue would be a freaking kick-ass addition to that roster.

It's possible that Marvel could do something totally audacious and really do a whole new take on the team. But Hickman's version was a departure in certain ways already. Going with a classic approach -- the mansion, a smaller team, focused on super-villain threats -- would be a change at this point. The safe bet is on the next volume tying much closer to the cinematic and TV properties. And there's really nothing wrong with that. Why fight with success? Especially when, at this point, most of the fan-favorite characters are being used in multimedia properties?
    I wouldn't mind if "The fire one they're relentlessly pushing" (i.e. Inferno) ended up on the Avengers, since I'm not reading Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    So Stark, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver....War Machine and ........ Falcon?
    That's one option. The other is New Cap, New Thor, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and probably Vision, Scarlet, and/or Quicksilver.

But I'd honestly love to see Sunspot's "New Avengers" continue onward. In lieu of the core Avengers on Battleworld. Cannonball, Sunspot, Smasher, Shang-Chi, Eden Fesi, Pod, and Validator become Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I just hope Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver aren't kept off this team by their commitment to "Uncanny Avengers."
    well, if Falcap can be on more than one team...

I think their will be 2 or 3 teams/books (besides MA & UA)

With the books using at least 90% of these characters below :

Black Panther
    Black Bolt
    Ant-Man
    Scarlet Witch
    Thor
    Sunspot
    Cage
    Vision
    Iron Man
    Hulk
    Medusa
    Ms.Marvel
    Captain Marvel
    She-Hulk
    Shuri
    White Fox
    Reptil
    Shang-Chi
    Mockingbird
    Spectrum
    Black Widow
    Blade
    Samuel Wilson
    Sunfire
    Manifold
    Stature
    Crystal
    Spider-Man
    Silk
    Araña The Spider Girl
    Spider Woman
    Quake
    War Machine
    Amadeus Cho
    Doctor Strange
    Invisible Woman
    Mister Fantastic
    Nova
    Mercedes Knight
    Herc
    Steve Rogers
    Hawkeye
    Henry Pym

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

ROFLMAO

Marvel might as well just name all their new books, TROLLING X-FANS: FROTH, BABY FROTH

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Once bp is in it I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    ROFLMAO

Marvel might as well just name all their new books, TROLLING X-FANS: FROTH, BABY FROTH

Were Marvel trolling Spider-Man fans with Amazing X-Men or She-Hulk fans with Sensational Spider-Man?
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    I actually hope that this is something 'All-New, All-Different', not just the same sort of team we usually get. There's already enough Captain America, Thor and Iron Man for my liking.
    "Buh..but the female thor, falcap and superior iron man will be in it, that's new and totally different, not similar to anything else at all, won't that be the most awesomest book evar???????!!!!!!!!!"

Ha, joking, joking. It would be nice if marvel pulled a 180 and totally surprised us with the team, something really original. I don't think they will. I can feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I just hope Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver aren't kept off this team by their commitment to "Uncanny Avengers."
    Per Brevoort last week, Rogue is now an Avenger. So hopefully she shows up on the other teams. She is currently only in one book. It would help with her Avengers card too. Especially if she can't be on the X-Men anymore.

I am ok with Cannonball, Sunspot, Rogue, and (kinda) Havok becoming more Avenger than X-Men but only if the X-Writers didn't have a good plot arc out for them.

But placing Rogue on a team with veteran Avengers (not her Uncanny counterparts).