Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    With the notable exception of Cyclops, ever member of the ANAD team was a brand new member.
    I guess I just don't consider the original X-Men an all new team.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Or the paranoia leads to such fans seeing trolling where none exists?
    Have you ever read the Axel In Charge column with his repeatedly re-boot digs, amongst other things.

I'm not arguing on the validity of the X-fans paranoia. But Marvel says they are aware of fan outrage and don't mind courting it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I guess I just don't consider the original X-Men an all new team.
    The 'All-New, All-Different' X-men specifically refer to the 70's Claremont team.

All-New X-men is a different thing.

I also think Bendis's All-New X-men was meant to be used ironically. But that's just one man's interpretation.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

put the Young Avengers and Runaways together in a team!
    hey, a fan can dream..
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

I thought Avengers would be on hiatus, during Secret Wars..

Interesting...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    all teen characters.

until Secret Wars is finished.

I would love that
    This might be the inky thing to make me actually read Avengers.

It's difficult to guess who the all new avengers are without finding out who the creative team is first.

I hope Wiccan and hulkling graduate to the big league!

Incredible Member

Marvel has an Avengers #1 FCBD issue coming out in May as well. Probably the same thing, right?

Amazing Member

One person's amazing is another person's convoluted and confusing. I personally would like to see a return to a traditional team not working for SHIELD. Membership-wise I've always liked a team with the heavy hitters but wouldn't have a problem with a group of lesser members with appearances by the big guns. I just would like a set number of members and not "anyone with powers is an Avenger".

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Which is why it's a false equivalency.

It doesn't matter if X-fans are paranoid or correct. Trolling is meant to provoke a response, whether it's valid or not. Marvel is well aware of X-fans concerns.
    As a long time fan of X-books and characters, I don't get the problem people have with the adjectives used on non X-book titles. I think using adjectives is silly but that's about as far as my "issue" goes with it. As long as they have X-books being published and they have good writers and artists, I don't see what this issue is really about with the use of adjectives on titles.

My issue is with how the characters are being written and used and that's for another thread entirely.

I would like to see an Avengers team with a mix of Inhuman, mutants, humans, even a couple from another galaxy. I won't give names but there are plenty that can be used, but not necessarily regularly. Have a rotating roster depending on the story being told. Have a few mainstays while reminding us how many Avengers there really are and how ALL are doing something as an Avenger.
    Last edited by Pabst; 01-17-2015 at 05:42 AM.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    The 'All-New, All-Different' X-men specifically refer to the 70's Claremont team.

All-New X-men is a different thing.

I also think Bendis's All-New X-men was meant to be used ironically. But that's just one man's interpretation.
    There's no room for irony in comic books!

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

UGH!!

The Avengers are already re-launching their book even though it hasn't made it to issue #50 and if that wasn't bad enough, it has the mouthful of "All New, All different". When is the Avengers going to reach their #600 issue already?!
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

QUOTE=Batman#22;857763]UGH!!

The Avengers are already re-launching their book even though it hasn't made it to issue #50 and if that wasn't bad enough, it has the mouthful of "All New, All different". When is the Avengers going to reach their #600 issue already?![/QUOTE]

Whenever marvel reaches a milestone like that, they do usually return to original renumbering at least briefly.

I think the idea at this point might be that different book volumes all fall under the same writer. Hickman got his own run on Fantastic Four, and this is his run on Avengers, like like Bendis got his own volume and run entirely to himself.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Were Marvel trolling Spider-Man fans with Amazing X-Men or She-Hulk fans with Sensational Spider-Man?
    That depends on how far you wanna defend Marvel as for Amazing X-men is Marvel trolling X-fans with Spider-Man and the X-men? Let's not forget their was a cartoon called Spider-Man and his amazing friends that featured 2 mutants as co-stars and had the X-men guess star.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I wonder if this will be a renamed Mighty Avengers team. I hope it showcases characters from different parts of the world like All-New All- Different X-men did. I hope Ewing is writing this.