40. You may not vote on this poll
  • More events

11 27.50%
  • No more events

29 72.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Marvel secret wars aftermath wish

After the conclusion of next year event Secret Wars, I think everyone deserve a pause. Characters, readers and our wallets.

What says about the next event will be "no event during the next 12 months"

Seeing how Dan Slott, Rick Remender and Bendis are still planning to do their stories post Secret Wars, they will keep going. I bet you we'll get a "Time is going CRAZY" event from Bendis.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think maybe something akin to Heroic Age would be nice, where there's a more general situation which can work with an array of on-goings, but don't outright tie into each other. And of course there will be events, just nothing on the same scale as Secret Wars evidently will be.

Also as I've suggested elsewhere, I would be interested in a situation where Secret Wars ends and rather than a reboot of some sort or things zipping back to normal, how about if Battleworld remains where it is, with all the survivors from all the universes which they were made up with there. It's a huge big move since you don't have Earth as it was anymore, but you get a nice range of characters with the multiverse to play with.

no more events please..give us a year or two without them

They can put out as many events as they want. Its not like Marvel is forcing any of us to read them.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    They can put out as many events as they want. Its not like Marvel is forcing any of us to read them.
    Exactly. Some people are easily led and then complain about it. lol

BANNED

The next year of stories to revolve around an Illuminati of alternate universe characters targeting 616 because their worlds were lost to the Incursions. Since Secret Wars brought down the barriers separating a lot of the realities, we get more crossovers. Friendships are built, love blossoms between the unlikeliest of heroes. Then it all comes crashing down.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'd like them to give us a bit of a breather after Secret Wars event-wise. I know events will never go away but it would be nice if there was a breather at least.

No more events? LOL, at this point Marvel should just can all their solo titles and publish only team books and crossovers. As much as the hardcore readership may complain those are the only things that sell for them given their massive hype and build-up. Besides, the way that most writers handle the stories the characters are mere props for whatever plot these guys introduce and cultivate.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I don't really get all the complaints about too many events. I mean, I understand event fatigue but you're not forced to read them. I once suffered from event fatigue and I solved it by just being more selective with my reading. You don't read every monthly just because it's there do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think maybe something akin to Heroic Age would be nice, where there's a more general situation which can work with an array of on-goings, but don't outright tie into each other. And of course there will be events, just nothing on the same scale as Secret Wars evidently will be.

Also as I've suggested elsewhere, I would be interested in a situation where Secret Wars ends and rather than a reboot of some sort or things zipping back to normal, how about if Battleworld remains where it is, with all the survivors from all the universes which they were made up with there. It's a huge big move since you don't have Earth as it was anymore, but you get a nice range of characters with the multiverse to play with.
    But there's a lot of stuff you don't get to play with. What about the 616 heroes whose books aren't set in New York?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I don't really get all the complaints about too many events. I mean, I understand event fatigue but you're not forced to read them. I once suffered from event fatigue and I solved it by just being more selective with my reading. You don't read every monthly just because it's there do you?
    The urge to read everything can lead to burning out in general, but events often find a way to take over even when you feel your reading is selective. Uncanny Avengers was pretty much doing its own thing the whole time, shipping once a month, and then all of a sudden it practically becomes a book being shipped three times a month. Then there are the titles which get pulled into the event that, while sometimes done well, often get derailed from the story the creators out to tell. The last big problem with events, if you want to skip them, is that they often get the 'top talent' put on them so if you are interested in their work you end up having to get the event.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Yeah, ultimately a part of the reason we keep getting events is because events sell. People vote with their wallets.

Really, we're even seeing that sort of mentality in the movies and TV shows. People want to see characters and franchises crossing over in big stories.

I gave up on events ages ago, never find them to be satisfying reads.

After Secret Wars I'd just like to see some books that I want to read. Not much they're putting out at the moment fits into that category for me.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    But there's a lot of stuff you don't get to play with. What about the 616 heroes whose books aren't set in New York?
    I suppose it's whether you utilise the alternative versions - the main absentee would be MI-13 and the British Heroes I suppose, and there is going to be some sort of Captain Britain focused reality it seems - or have a comic series dealing with 616 Earth after New York vanishes, whether they're in another dimension or still where they are. Sort of like 52 on a wider scale where the non-New York heroes get the spotlight.