Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Old Man Fury & Old Man Logan. One of my favorite team-ups ever.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Paul Gulacy did a Black Widow portfolio that included this image:

Love, love, love Nick Fury. I started with Sgt Fury and His Howling Commandos, saw the FF #21 story in a reprint in Giant Size FF, then encountered SHIELD in various comics. After seeing snippets, and the first SHIELD tale in Son of Origins, I was ecstatic when Marvel reprinted some of the Steranko work in that 2 issue Baxter reprint, back around 83/84. It took a while and some cash; but, I eventually assembled the entire run of Strange Tales and Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD. In fact, I got this portfolio at a convention where I got a big chunk of the few issues I still needed.

There was an interesting run with Fury and SHIELD, in Daredevil, with Tony Isabella writing (#120-123), where Nick Fury tries to recruit Foggy nelson to be a director of SHIELD. DD and SHIELD run up against a splinter HYDRA, led by Silvermane, with various divisions headed by a supercriminal. Good stuff.

ps. When casting a Nick Fury movie, in any era, Clint Eastwood and Kurt Russell are fine choices. Clooney would have been good, if that project had gone forward (thank you Max imprint series for ruining that). Robert Stack looked the part, in the 60s and 70s, and could handle the gruff bit; but, the actor who I think would have been perfect was Rod Taylor, as either the WW2 Sgt Fury or the modern superspy Nick Fury. Check him out in Darker Than Amber and/or Dark of the Sun, to see what I mean. He was legit tough as nails, was a good actor, adept with comedy, action and drama, and would have looked damn good on screen.

Last edited by codystarbuck; 06-18-2016 at 06:47 PM.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Herbert William "Herb" Trimpe!!!

Thanks for the art in Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #8, 13–15

I really miss the Old Man Fury....

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

fury.jpg
    nick.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

All-New Member

Wondering if there's a thread for SHIELD itself? The organization as a whole group?

BANNED

Happy Birthday Jackson "Butch" Guice!!!

Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. V2 #23, 26 & 27 1991 covers by Jackson "Butch" Guice http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_butch_guice/

One of my favorite covers ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I really miss the Old Man Fury....

I know. I really miss him. I've waited for Nick to do that to Strucker ever since I was a boy.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Nicholas Fury right now...

Fury by Chris Samnee...

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Nicholas Fury right now...

*Eyes roll back in head, shoots Hate-Filled magma out of mouth* HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AATTTTTTE!!!!!

What's worse is that not only did they destroy him, they never even utilized him again or even attempted to make him drastically different but interesting. I think a good writer could make this crappy situation work and eventually ease him back into the Nick we all love (but Marvel doesn't want that probably so that's that....)

Dang I miss Nick...
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yeah worst part of marvel. They hype new charaters or srastic changes then dont follow though. Case in point the unseen(ugh) and Thane son of Thanos.

Also in todays silver surfer preiew for next week:

SILVSURF2016005-int2-2-31da2.jpg
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 06-30-2016 at 10:30 PM.

The Line it is Drawn!

Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    Dang I miss Nick...

nicholas fury.jpg