Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Great pic calls for Fury. I would love to see Doc Shaner on a silver agey Fury series. And Hail Steranko!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Great pic calls for Fury. I would love to see Doc Shaner on a silver agey Fury series. And Hail Steranko!
    There was a neat one or two page Nick Fury in the old thread ... I was thinking it was Doc Shaner, but now I'm wondering if it wasn't Francvilla -- who would also be great on a Nick Fury book!

Also found this little pic ... anyone know what it is from or the artist?

Last edited by Rheged; 05-02-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    There was a neat one or two page Nick Fury in the old thread ... I was thinking it was Doc Shaner, but now I'm wondering if it wasn't Francvilla -- who would also be great on a Nick Fury book!

Also found this little pic ... anyone know what it is from or the artist?

Shaner and Francavilla come from the same cool school of style. Fury would be in great hands under either of those incredible artists.

I can't make out the artist for the little pic. It almost looks like Cassaday but I wouldn't wager on it.

BANNED

Shaner and Francavilla come from the same cool school of style. Fury would be in great hands under either of those incredible artists.

I can't make out the artist for the little pic. It almost looks like Cassaday but I wouldn't wager on it.
    Yeah, I was thinking it looked like Cassaday also, but I can't think where he would have drawn Nick Fury. Maybe Astonishing X-Men?

Yeah, I was thinking it looked like Cassaday also, but I can't think where he would have drawn Nick Fury. Maybe Astonishing X-Men?
    Yeah. I believe it was from Astonishing X-Men.

Looks like he is going to bite it in Original Sin 5 if the cover to 6 is any indication. Will scan in the image and post it later.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Francavilla would be fantastic on a Fury book. Haven't seen Shaner's work will have to look him up.

Like so many others, I hope Fury does not die during Original Sin (or anytime afterward...) I am a little hesitant about OS because 1) it's an event and 2) Nick may die. The art looks great though and a couple of favorite characters and a few I really like are involved. Appendages crossed.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Here is a cover where I hope the cover doesn't match up to the contents of the issue. Original Sin #6

img022.jpg

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

^ Sigh. That's the cover everyone has been talking about. Hope you're right, Danvidar.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Here is a cover where I hope the cover doesn't match up to the contents of the issue. Original Sin #6

img022.jpg
    I say it was Nick Fury who shot the LMD version of himself

BANNED

Looks like he is going to bite it in Original Sin 5 if the cover to 6 is any indication. Will scan in the image and post it later.
    Nooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Francavilla would be fantastic on a Fury book. Haven't seen Shaner's work will have to look him up.

Like so many others, I hope Fury does not die during Original Sin (or anytime afterward...) I am a little hesitant about OS because 1) it's an event and 2) Nick may die. The art looks great though and a couple of favorite characters and a few I really like are involved. Appendages crossed.
    That first pic I posted is by Doc Shaner. As Global Honored said, he definitely falls into the same style as Francavilla, Samee, Hardman, Sean Phillips, etc. I don't think COOL STYLE is the official name, but it's better than my title of: sort of a noir / black and white thing.

And yeah, I'm not that hyped about Original Sin for a variety reason. The best thing I've heard it about it, is all the art is being done by Deodato! When was the last time we got an artist doing all the art for a event?

img022.jpg
    Thanks, Danvidar! Though it is depressing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    This would be a great twist AND entirely believable. Plus, why is Nick Fury in a SHIELD outfit?
    Last edited by Rheged; 05-02-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Uh oh. That cover is worriesome. It has to be a ruse, right? They put that on the cover then we get a big swerve. That is what I am telling myself anyways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Yeah. I believe it was from Astonishing X-Men.
    Coolness! Thanks for the info. Will have to dig out that issue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I was thinking that too. I'm also thinking that a rogue LMD Fury actually killed the Watcher. Or, Fury sets this death up only to take over Watcher's base and use it as a way to monitor Earth(s), essentially becoming the next Watcher, but who can actually interact with humans regarding what he sees. The ultimate super-spy.

I think it's silly to judge Marvel comics as a whole as doing this to pump up MCU's Fury into Sr's place after the events of CAP 2. SHIELD shows no signs of going away in the comics, so maybe Marvel isn't as driven by the movies as we think. That said, AIM did get a HUGE boost in their standing thanks to IRON MAN 3. Ironically, Hydra hasn't really been revived yet but I am aware that they will be soon.

BANNED

Uh oh. That cover is worriesome. It has to be a ruse, right? They put that on the cover then we get a big swerve. That is what I am telling myself anyways.
    Well ... it is a mystery. There should be swerves. But I'm not holding my breath. :P

Quote Originally Posted by somebodyatcbr View Post
    I was thinking that too. I'm also thinking that a rogue LMD Fury actually killed the Watcher. Or, Fury sets this death up only to take over Watcher's base and use it as a way to monitor Earth(s), essentially becoming the next Watcher, but who can actually interact with humans regarding what he sees. The ultimate super-spy.
    A rogue LMD, like Max Fury? Hmmmm. I don't really see that. We do have that group that sort of looked like AIM from that old Marvel Now Point One. That was never followed up on, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by somebodyatcbr View Post
    I think it's silly to judge Marvel comics as a whole as doing this to pump up MCU's Fury into Sr's place after the events of CAP 2. SHIELD shows no signs of going away in the comics, so maybe Marvel isn't as driven by the movies as we think. That said, AIM did get a HUGE boost in their standing thanks to IRON MAN 3. Ironically, Hydra hasn't really been revived yet but I am aware that they will be soon.
    SHIELD did go away in the comics, though way before the Winter Soldier. It's clearly coming back in the MCU ... or they'll have to rename their TV show. As for how driven the comics are by the movies ... well, that's a topic for another thread.

I don't think Original Sin's sole purpose is to replace Nick with Junior, but I do think they are taking advantage of the event to do so. I hope I'm proven wrong.