Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Kurt Russell!!! YES! I remember now, you cast him before, and I thought it was inspired.
    Your memory is amazing.

Nooooooo!

That first pic I posted is by Doc Shaner. As Global Honored said, he definitely falls into the same style as Francavilla, Samee, Hardman, Sean Phillips, etc. I don't think COOL STYLE is the official name, but it's better than my title of: sort of a noir / black and white thing.

And yeah, I'm not that hyped about Original Sin for a variety reason. The best thing I've heard it about it, is all the art is being done by Deodato! When was the last time we got an artist doing all the art for a event?

Thanks, Danvidar! Though it is depressing to see.

This would be a great twist AND entirely believable. Plus, why is Nick Fury in a SHIELD outfit?
    Ah. Yes. I did not realize that first image was Doc.

OS = Deodato great. Someone else writing the WS - well, maybe. There's 7 issues coming out in July alone > that makes my wallet quake.

I'd think that cover is a LMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Uh oh. That cover is worriesome. It has to be a ruse, right? They put that on the cover then we get a big swerve. That is what I am telling myself anyways.
    I like the way you think. And it makes perfect given Nick's history.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Your memory is amazing.
    LOL! Well, it's good for some things. Important things like tax deadlines and oil changes and did I feed the dog ... not so much. :P

Ah. Yes. I did not realize that first image was Doc.

OS = Deodato great. Someone else writing the WS - well, maybe. There's 7 issues coming out in July alone > that makes my wallet quake.

I'd think that cover is a LMD.
    I certainly hope so.

I'm trying to cut back on issues too, and Marvel is helping by not using my favorite character so much.

I like the way you think. And it makes perfect given Nick's history.
    Well, that's how I console myself. That it isn't difficult to bring back Nick Fury, and that no what merchandising says, creators think Nick Fury is the epitome of COOL. They aren't going to want to leave him dead.

BANNED

Found this cool fansite for Nick Fury.

http://www.nickfuryagentofshield.com/

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

" I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

OMG! That is awesome! Is it by Nick Perks?

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

OMG! That is awesome! Is it by Nick Perks?
    Ι don't know,but the moment i found this awesome picture,i thought it could be a waste not being in a tribute thread to the original and badass Nick Fury.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Ι don't know,but the moment i found this awesome picture,i thought it could be a waste not being in a tribute thread to the original and badass Nick Fury.
    Indeed!

And yep, it is by Nick Perks. I found it on his Deviant Art gallery. He's a regular on the Line is Drawn.

http://nick-perks.deviantart.com/art...IELD-338087577

BANNED

I meant to post earlier, but got side tracked.

Dick Ayers passed away on Sunday -- he was 90 years old. Brian Cronin wrote a great article on Ayers and his inking on Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. with tons of scans.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...-p-dick-ayers/

Of course, Ayers was better known for his 10 years of work on Sgt Fury and His Howling Commandos -- before Nick because a superspy.

Albert Ching also wrote a nice article of Ayers' work and his passing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52620

BANNED

Have to say, I think Dell'Otto did a better job on the other character variants for Original Sin. Don't like Nick's jaw guard / helmet.

BANNED

Tom Brevroot and Jason Aaron talk a little about Nick Fury and his role in Original Sin 1 and 2 in a CBR interview.

Murder Most Cosmic: Aaron and Brevroot on Original Sin #1

CBR: Spy stories are often detective stories anyway, so it seems like Nick Fury Sr., being the consummate Marvel spy, would fit this type of tale.

Aaron: Yeah, and you get to see more of the older Nick Fury in action in Issue #2. You get to see me and Deo doing our best Steranko. Nick won't just be standing around grumbling. He'll get to kick a little butt, just like he did back in the old days.

CBR: Nick appeared reluctant to become involved. Was his apprehension simply based on what he told Cap about the investigation possibly leading to some dark places? Or was he reluctant for other reasons?

Aaron: Yes, he's retired. He's supposed to have left that life behind and passed that baton on, but like he tells Cap, he realizes that following this investigation could lead to some uncomfortable places

Indeed!

And yep, it is by Nick Perks. I found it on his Deviant Art gallery. He's a regular on the Line is Drawn.

http://nick-perks.deviantart.com/art...IELD-338087577
    Awesome sauce. Thanks for posting the link. That is a fun picture.

I meant to post earlier, but got side tracked.

Dick Ayers passed away on Sunday -- he was 90 years old. Brian Cronin wrote a great article on Ayers and his inking on Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. with tons of scans.

Of course, Ayers was better known for his 10 years of work on Sgt Fury and His Howling Commandos -- before Nick because a superspy.

Albert Ching also wrote a nice article of Ayers' work and his passing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52620
    Those were nice tributes. I had no idea Sgt. Fury ran that long before Nick went onto become the great super spy he is.

Tom Brevroot and Jason Aaron talk a little about Nick Fury and his role in Original Sin 1 and 2 in a CBR interview.

Murder Most Cosmic: Aaron and Brevroot on Original Sin #1
    Thanks for reposting. Retired, huh? I wonder when that happened...was it late last year?

BANNED

Awesome sauce. Thanks for posting the link. That is a fun picture.
    Nick Perks has done some great stuff for the Line is Drawn column.

Those were nice tributes. I had no idea Sgt. Fury ran that long before Nick went onto become the great super spy he is.
    It was one of Marvel's war books, set in the past, that ran through the 60s. Back when Marvel published a variety of genres.

Thanks for reposting. Retired, huh? I wonder when that happened...was it late last year?
    I think that's editorial trying to 'retire' Nick. He was still doing stuff with Bucky, as recently as All New Invaders 2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogerio
    This was one of the images from the old thread. Does anyone know the artist? It sort of looks like Gabriel Hardman, but I can't make out the signature. Regardless, I love this retro vibe / book cover.

I'm in charge!
    I am in charge.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Nick Perks has done some great stuff for the Line is Drawn column.

It was one of Marvel's war books, set in the past, that ran through the 60s. Back when Marvel published a variety of genres.

I think that's editorial trying to 'retire' Nick. He was still doing stuff with Bucky, as recently as All New Invaders 2.
    Thanks for all the info. I'll have to reread ANI 2 to catch the Nick / Bucky stuff, I obviously completely missed that.

Retire is one thing, permanently take off the playing board > I'm with everyone else here: no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm in charge!
    I am in charge.jpg
    Is that a Deodato, Winterboy? Very nice.