Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Is that a Deodato, Winterboy? Very nice.
    Deodato from Original Sin #1.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    This was one of the images from the old thread. Does anyone know the artist? It sort of looks like Gabriel Hardman, but I can't make out the signature. Regardless, I love this retro vibe / book cover.
    Mitch Breitweiser.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm in charge!
    Attachment 2316
    Great looking Nick Fury!

Mitch Breitweiser.
    Ah, thank you!

And glad to see you back! Didn't recognize you with your new name.

BANNED

This was from the August solicitations.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52933

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY ANNUAL #1
    Brian Michael Bendis (W) • Frank Cho (A/C)
    ARTIST VARIANT Cover by TBA
    • Most days in space aren't exactly what you'd call normal, but everything seemed to be status quo today.
    • That is until a S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier showed up out of nowhere...IN SPACE.
    • Sometimes you have to go outside your jurisdiction to take care of business, but this might be stretching it a bit.
    40 PGS./Rated T ...$4.99

Between the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier reference and the panel with Nick on the bottom right, I'm wondering if this isn't a time travel story or perhaps one set in the past?

I certainly wouldn't complain about seeing Frank Cho draw Nick Fury.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Frank Cho + Nick + Gamora = my $ spent.

Digging that cover. Space SHIELD rocks.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Thought so. Not reading OS yet so thanks.

• Most days in space aren't exactly what you'd call normal, but everything seemed to be status quo today.
    • Sometimes you have to go outside your jurisdiction to take care of business, but this might be stretching it a bit.
    40 PGS./Rated T ...$4.99

Between the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier reference and the panel with Nick on the bottom right, I'm wondering if this isn't a time travel story or perhaps one set in the past?

Me either but... Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Frank Cho + Nick + Gamora = my $ spent.

Digging that cover. Space SHIELD rocks.
    It's a terrific cover. Maybe I will pick it up...depends on funds and other things.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Thought so. Not reading OS yet so thanks.

Me either but... Bendis.

It's a terrific cover. Maybe I will pick it up...depends on funds and other things.
    Yeah, it's Bendis, but I'm intrigued by the solicit, Fury and Cho.

BANNED

From MURDER MOST COSMIC: Aaron & Brevoort on "Original Sin" #2

The shadowy mood and intense action scenes of this issue really came to life thanks to the work of Mike Deodato. Jason, I know you like to give your artists free reign when it comes to action so what sort of description did you give Mike for Nick Fury Sr.'s car battle with the Mindless One and the fight at the end between the heroes, the Exterminatrix and her Mindless Ones?

Aaron: The Nick Fury scenes were pretty detailed in the script. I wanted to give Mike this full-on nod to the old Steranko days. So I wanted to see Nick as a super spy again with his crazy, flying car and his gadgets being able to kick butt for a few pages.

The stuff at the end was just Mike going crazy and getting to draw as many characters as he could cram in there. That's another thing that the poor artists have to do in a story like this; draw dozens and dozens of heroes fighting. So Mike just got to cut loose on that ending.
    The fight scene in the car was pretty sweet!

From MURDER MOST COSMIC: Aaron & Brevoort on "Original Sin" #2

The fight scene in the car was pretty sweet!
    Cool. Glad to hear that.

For a completely irreverent take on Original Sin reviews, the Original Spin column at comicsalliance.com is pretty funny.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 05-24-2014 at 04:28 PM.

BANNED

Start saving your nickels and dimes! IDW is releasing an Artists Edition of THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by IDW
    A limited edition variant of this title will be made available at a later date.

In the mid-1960s, Jim Steranko burst into the Marvel Age of comics in a BIG way, and the innovative, cinematic techniques he introduced in his brief tenure at The House of Ideas stand to this day as a high-water mark in the history of graphic storytelling. More than any other series, Steranko is most associated with Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. This Artist's Edition collects the first 12 stories of Steranko's run, from Strange Tales #151 — #162, as well as all his covers from these issues. Additionally, there will be a select number of extras presented. And, as usual, nearly all the pages have been scanned from the original art, from Steranko's private archives.

NOTE: In an Artist's Edition first, Steranko has personally designed this book!

Additional script by Stan Lee and Roy Thomas.
    Additional Layouts by Jack Kirby.
    http://shop.idwpublishing.com/art/ar...dition-hc.html

BANNED

Cool. Glad to hear that.

For a completely irreverent take on Original Sin reviews, the Original Spin column at comicsalliance.com is pretty funny.
    Oh my. That's more fun than the comic! LOL! Thank you for sharing that. My favorite Nick part, of course...

Upcoming starlet Mindy Lessoné made a big splash on the scene with her explosive début in New York City earlier this month, but now the sexy young diva has been spotted getting grabby in the back seat during a recent tour of the city heights.

Does Ms. Lessoné have something going on with her driver, retired soldier and silver fox Nick Fury of SHIELD? We don’t know what SHIELD stands for, but we think it might be “Sexy Honey Involved with Eligible Lothario Daddy”!

40 PGS./Rated T ...$4.99

Thanks Rheged! Looks like I'll be getting the GoTG Annual.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Oh my. That's more fun than the comic! LOL! Thank you for sharing that. My favorite Nick part, of course...
    LOL, yeah that cracked me up. I'll be sure to post the third one whenever they do...I hope I won't be disappointed when I finally read OS.

IDW Steranko... oh wow. So many good comics and hard covers and things, I have to wait until funds clear.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Thanks Rheged! Looks like I'll be getting the GoTG Annual.
    You're welcome! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Bendis will take advantage of having Cho and do something cool with Nick.

LOL, yeah that cracked me up. I'll be sure to post the third one whenever they do...I hope I won't be disappointed when I finally read OS.

IDW Steranko... oh wow. So many good comics and hard covers and things, I have to wait until funds clear.
    Great! Looking forward to it! And I find I do better if I lower my expectations when approaching events. ;P

Tell me about it. And this baby is more expensive than the others. It's $150, while they normally run around $100 to $125. But maybe it's bigger?

You're welcome! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Bendis will take advantage of having Cho and do something cool with Nick.

Great! Looking forward to it! And I find I do better if I lower my expectations when approaching events. ;P

Tell me about it. And this baby is more expensive than the others. It's $150, while they normally run around $100 to $125. But maybe it's bigger?
    One can hope about Bendis giving Cho some good Fury to work with.

Events > indeed. I skip most of them anyway.

X-x $150... oh wow.