Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I hate you Samuel Leroy Jackson.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I feel like they just gave all of us Fury fans the finger.
    It's lame as hell (but then they're also making Cap an old man and killing Wolverine...)

This is the last issue of Original Sin I'm reading. Second only to this move is the complete and utter disregard to character. If Jason never writes Bucky and Marc Spector again, I'll be real happy.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Good ol' Nick was clearly going to be problematic for Marvel once they decided to introduce another version closer to the movies. It was just a matter of time before they went ahead and got rid of him, at least as we know him.

If he survives the event and this "revelation" sticks, I could maybe see him in a supporting role in a Batman Beyond Bruce Wayne fashion. While I like both characters, I wish they didn't have to sacrifice one in favor of the other...

I remember Fury gave the last sample of the Infinity Formula to save Bucky's life in Fear Itself.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I remember Fury gave the last sample of the Infinity Formula to save Bucky's life in Fear Itself.
    But it now regenerates within him, so this makes no sense.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Fantastic Member

But it now regenerates within him, so this makes no sense.
    First, I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that, when he said he was handing over the last of the formula, he was all "Well, we'll see what happens." Second, you're complaining that the mythical formula that we really have no idea how or why it works isn't working the way a random line of dialogue explained it at some point? Let's just say it was, you could cover it with a single line of dialogue -- "It was, now it isn't."

If I'm not mistaken a lame villain named Orion stole the Infinity formula of Fury's bloodstream.

Now I really need to read that AWFUL Battle Scars.
    Last edited by Winterboy; 06-18-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    If I'm not mistaken a lame villain named Orion stole the Infinity formula of Fury's bloodstream.
    That should be impossible. In Fear Itself #7.1 he said he "hasn't needed that stuff for years." And in an earlier Steranko issues, tit was said that his body now makes it.

From Wikipedia..

While serving in the Middle East, Marcus Johnson receives word that his mother Nia Jones has been murdered back in the United States. He returns home and is attacked by the Russian hitmen who killed her, and by Taskmaster, but is saved by Captain America. S.H.I.E.L.D. agents arrive and take him to a S.H.I.E.L.D. facility for medical treatment. After failing to get answers as to why he was targeted and his mother killed, Johnson comes to feel he is being held there against his will and escapes.

While searching for Taskmaster, Marcus is attacked by Deadpool, who is also after Marcus. As they fight, Taskmaster arrived and dispatches Deadpool, but Marcus himself defeats Taskmaster. Johnson is felled, however, by the Serpent Squad. When Deadpool again intervenes, Johnson escapes with Taskmaster as his prisoner, and later interrogates him. Before he can obtain any information, a masked man stuns Taskmaster, drains Johnson's energy for a moment, and escapes. Johnson catches up with the man, who is revealed to be Johnson's father, Nick Fury.

While arguing and eventually coming to blows over the revelation, Fury and Johnson are captured by mercenaries who bring them to Orion. Orion has Johnson's left eye cut out and confirms that Johnson has the Infinity Formula in his DNA. Fury escapes his restraints and gives Johnson enough time to escape, but Fury is captured and his blood transfused to Orion, so that Orion's youth can be restored. The transfusion drains Fury of the remaining Infinity Formula in his system, and he is then tortured and mind-probed by Orion's telepath, who acquires all of Fury's S.H.I.E.L.D. secrets and fail-safes.[1]
    Johnson saves Fury with the help of S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson and later kills Orion. After convalescing, Johnson is given the Super Soldier uniform that Steve Rogers once wore. As a new agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., Johnson is also informed that his birth name is Nicholas Fury, Jr.[7]

Fury Jr. and Phil Coulson make a cameo appearance in Scarlet Spider #5, and are part of the framing sequence in Marvel NOW! Point One.[9]

In a 2013 storyline as part of the Marvel NOW! branding, Nick Fury Jr., Coulson, and Maria Hill form the S.H.I.E.L.D. version of the Secret Avengers with Hawkeye and Black Widow. Fury Jr. is involved in the first mission that involved fighting a group of al-Qaeda terrorists. Fury Jr. then joins the Secret Avengers to raid Bagalia in order to recruit Taskmaster. While the Secret Avengers are fighting the Masters of Evil, Fury Jr. manages to pay off Crossfire to let Taskmaster out of his imprisonment.

^ Face Palm...

Well, I guess this is another character whose past adventures I'll be rereading since the current stuff is not my taste.

If they stick to the "formula is gone" story, I hope that the characters can quickly find a way to reproduce it to change Nick back.

If they stick to the "formula is gone" story, I hope that the characters can quickly find a way to reproduce it to change Nick back.
    Transfusion from his kid should jumpstart it again... If it's in jr.s dna then it couldn't be depleted.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Transfusion from his kid should jumpstart it again... If it's in jr.s dna then it couldn't be depleted.
    I hope that the whole speculation about him becoming the new watcher is false. They should just reveal that Fury Jr. was an LMD and send him to the scrapyard. Then resynthesize the formula to make Nick normal again.

A little fun from Defenders #9. I figured a little chuckle might do some good.

DSNFcute.jpg

Oh and the 4th comics alliance.com original spin post is now up.