Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Oh and the 4th comics alliance.com original spin post is now up.
    Thank you!

I know it seems like I only post in here, when those Comics Alliance recaps show up, but it's really not the case. Will hopefully catch up tonite.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Thank you!

I know it seems like I only post in here, when those Comics Alliance recaps show up, but it's really not the case. Will hopefully catch up tonite.

know you've been busy... Favorite part of this Original Spin "And, say, anyone remember that story in the mid-’90s when the Punisher destroyed all of Fury’s LMDs so he could be sure he was killing the real Nick, and then he killed the real Nick? But it turned out to be a Tony Stark LMD that was so realistic it also fooled Wolverine and Tony Stark? (He was probably drunk.) Are we now to believe that the super-realistic LMD was commissioned… by an even more super-realistic LMD? Is it LMDs all the way down? How do we know this Nick Fury isn’t just a really old LMD?"
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

know you've been busy... Favorite part of this Original Spin "And, say, anyone remember that story in the mid-’90s when the Punisher destroyed all of Fury’s LMDs so he could be sure he was killing the real Nick, and then he killed the real Nick? But it turned out to be a Tony Stark LMD that was so realistic it also fooled Wolverine and Tony Stark? (He was probably drunk.) Are we now to believe that the super-realistic LMD was commissioned… by an even more super-realistic LMD? Is it LMDs all the way down? How do we know this Nick Fury isn’t just a really old LMD?"

LOL! Yes! Now that would be a twist, if Ancient Nick Fury was an LMD.

Speaking of old, obviously, I fell asleep before getting back to the replies.

LOL! Yes! Now that would be a twist, if Ancient Nick Fury was an LMD.

Speaking of old, obviously, I fell asleep before getting back to the replies.
    LOL... I wouldn't be surprised if this is retconned. Hey, that really old cranky Fury is also an LMD...and Nick Fury Jr. is a ruse too. Aaah, if only.

Sounds like you've been busy doing bushido to the front yard.

Brevoort gives a little information about what happened in OS #4, seemingly disproving the theory that he's been aging all this time and the Fury we've seen in stories since WWII is an LMD. He points to Nick giving Bucky the last of the formula, but forgets that in the issue Nick says that he "hasn't needed it for years." And I highly doubt that it was Yost's decision to get rid of the formula. He wrote the issues, tut it was definitely editorially mandated. I really hope that they manage to make Nick normal again with a new version of the formula that doesn't need annual treatments, and not do anything outlandish like make him the new watcher or kill him off. But his sin should definitely be that Junior was an LMD that thinks he's real.

http://www.newsarama.com/21422-origi...-spoilers.html
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Just for fun. Fury's revenge.

Last edited by KurtW95; 06-25-2014 at 02:05 AM.

and the Original Spin 5 column is up at comicsalliance.com (Apologies to the Scott Lang/Ant-Man fans in advance...) This was one was probably the least funny thus far, but makes me glad I stopped reading this event after issue 4.

BANNED

LOL... I wouldn't be surprised if this is retconned. Hey, that really old cranky Fury is also an LMD...and Nick Fury Jr. is a ruse too. Aaah, if only.

Sounds like you've been busy doing bushido to the front yard.
    Yes, I have. And I'm out there again in a few minutes. Ugh. Praying for rain, not only for the plants but for a day off. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post

That's pretty funny.

BANNED

and the Original Spin 5 column is up at comicsalliance.com (Apologies to the Scott Lang/Ant-Man fans in advance...) This was one was probably the least funny thus far, but makes me glad I stopped reading this event after issue 4.
    Thank you for posting these here. No, it wasn't as funny, and that's understandable, given what was revealed, but it still made me laugh a few times. I do like this middle name for Fury.

Colonel Nicholas Jehoshaphat Fury

That's pretty funny.
    Thanks. I thought it'd be fun. Down with the impostor!

LOLOLOLOL You win.

Yeah. Let's kill him ASAP!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

It was fun. It's gotten to the point, where laughing is the only resort, when faced with the replacement by movie / action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Great choice! Looks like the rest of the MU is supporting Nick!

BANNED

Found a nice history of Nick Fury with plenty of pics at COMICS 101 by Scott Tipton.

http://www.comics101.com/comics101//...01&chapter=365

He starts with Sgt. Fury, but quickly moves on to Colonel Fury and SHIELD. There's a lot about Strekano there.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    That's fantastic Winterboy, thanks for posting.

Found a nice history of Nick Fury with plenty of pics at COMICS 101 by Scott Tipton.

http://www.comics101.com/comics101//...01&chapter=365

He starts with Sgt. Fury, but quickly moves on to Colonel Fury and SHIELD. There's a lot about Strekano there.
    And, wowza, so is that article. I really hope Nick Sr. doesn't die in OS. The transition of Bucky becoming the one who watches the Wall is fine, but I can't imagine the Marvel U without Nick Fury Sr. (I think that's another reason why I stopped reading OS besides Aaron's characterization with many characters.)