Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    And, wowza, so is that article. I really hope Nick Sr. doesn't die in OS. The transition of Bucky becoming the one who watches the Wall is fine, but I can't imagine the Marvel U without Nick Fury Sr. (I think that's another reason why I stopped reading OS besides Aaron's characterization with many characters.)
    I really don't see where else Marvel could be headed with Nick, considering they have outright said they were replacing him and they've stripped him of practically everything. Original Sin only proves that. They had to invent this 'Man on the Wall' business, cause everything else has been ripped away.

On the good side, Nick Fury IS Marvel Cool. You've only to look at those amazing Steranko pages to see it. This regime will pass, Samuel L. will move on from the role, and there's plenty of creators who understand that and love the real Nick Fury. Until then, we just have to enjoy what was, and wait until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    And, wowza, so is that article. I really hope Nick Sr. doesn't die in OS. The transition of Bucky becoming the one who watches the Wall is fine, but I can't imagine the Marvel U without Nick Fury Sr. (I think that's another reason why I stopped reading OS besides Aaron's characterization with many characters.)
    I hope that his death is faked and we see the real Fury (not old) in the shadows, and it's shown that it was his plan succeeded. (Not killing the Watcher, but passing on the barton so he could do some more secret stuff. And ideally it would mean that the space retcon was just a story and that Jr. is an LMD that thinks he's real.)
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Made this for the GIF thread.

I was actually quite amused byu Earth's Mightest heroes attempt to split the difference between the two Fury's.

Of course then they ruined it by having Nick become a carbon copy of the Jackson Fury in season 2.

So. They just killed and crapped on the history of Dum Dum Dugan.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    So. They just killed and crapped on the history of Dum Dum Dugan.
    Please, elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Please, elaborate.
    Apparently in Original Sins #5 they "revealed" that spoilers:
    the real Dum Dum has been dead since the '60s and the one we've seen since was an LMD.
    end of spoilers

Dumb dumb dumb.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

the real Dum Dum has been dead since the '60s and the one we've seen since was an LMD.
    end of spoilers

Dumb dumb dumb.
    Oy. I am so glad I stopped reading OS. It is as if Marvel is starting to do away with the Espionage angle of their Universe, which would stink on ice.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Fantastic Member

end of spoilers

Dumb dumb dumb.
    But wasn't spoilers:
    Dum Dum a Skrull in Secret Invasion? How would he be a LMD? Is this implying that the Skrulls kidnapped a LMD? Wouldn't somebody have checked that after Secret Invasion?
    end of spoilers
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

It's official. Marvel hates Nick Fury.

Well, the story of Nick Fury has just come to a new conclusion after Original Sin. The Man is nothing if not long lived. We will have to redefine what the legacy of Nick Fury is now.

It's official. Marvel hates Nick Fury.
    He wasn't gone enough for The MCU Fury to take over.

BANNED

As of OS #8 I think it's safe to say that at least Nick won't fade into limbo. Do I like the fact that he was written off in favor of Jr and Cheese? No. Hell no, But, at least Nick won't be absent from everything. Right?!

spoilers:
    If they had to do the whole Man on the Wall retcon thing, I'd have preferred if Nick stayed as the coordinator with most if not all the poeple from his selected team as his operatives. Bucky, Emma, Moon Knight, T'Challa would make for a great team. Hell, I think this was a missed opportunity to tie it with Hickman's SHIELD. Still, Nick is now the new Watcher and I can kinda live with that. I'm not running up and down from joy, but at least he'll still pop up in every event and cosmic story.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    As of OS #8 I think it's safe to say that at least Nick won't fade into limbo. Do I like the fact that he was written off in favor of Jr and Cheese? No. Hell no, But, at least Nick won't be absent from everything. Right?!

spoilers:
    If they had to do the whole Man on the Wall retcon thing, I'd have preferred if Nick stayed as the coordinator with most if not all the poeple from his selected team as his operatives. Bucky, Emma, Moon Knight, T'Challa would make for a great team. Hell, I think this was a missed opportunity to tie it with Hickman's SHIELD. Still, Nick is now the new Watcher and I can kinda live with that. I'm not running up and down from joy, but at least he'll still pop up in every event and cosmic story.
    end of spoilers
    I'm always gonna chafe when I read about Nick Jr. At least Spencer had a little fun with him having Hawkeye call him Jr! And you have to wonder with the Infinity Formual in his blood why would anyone want him out in the field front and center when he ought to be locked up in a lab.
    OS was a relief for me. I feel anyone can now write Fury back into the mainstream, even back to his old self, although I'm not sure if it won't be awhile before that happens. I wonder too if we'll see him in the new Winter Soldier series from time to time.

All-New Member

I probably won't make many friends on this thread, being a fan of Samuel L. Jackson, and loving his Fury, but I have to say:
    rs_560x415-130905120936-1024.nickfury.cm.9513.jpg

I'd much rather the one on the right.