Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Your Comic Store Recomendations

Hello guys and gals. I'm looking for some comic book stores around the US of A. Anyone have an reputable shops they would like to recommend? I would like to have some on hand so I can fill in some gaps in my collections.

Zeus Comics in Dallas Texas.

an amazing store, very friendly, great online presence, and the best owner I've ever met in my life (Richard used to post here as Degada)

I've used them for my mail order comics for year.

fantastic selection, and Richard will find you something if they don't have it.

http://www.zeuscomics.com/

(they also have their own web-series, "The Variants" that you can watch from the home page, starring Richard (he's the redhead) and much of the staff of the store)
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

The Pop Culture Company in Katy, TX.

A husband and wife run the store together and they are both very cool people. They offer great discounts on stuff and are always helpful to customers. While the store's back issue selection can often be spotty, they have some of the best prices I've seen on key issues.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Black Cat and Dr Volts in SLC, UT are both awesome with good owners. They are both within a couple of miles of each other too.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

BANNED

Bob's Comics in Birmingham, Alabama has a nice selection of Silver Age books. He has Golden Age, too, but I don't know how extensive the selection is. He is active on Ebay,
    but his listings are only a tiny sampling of what he has. The store is well organized and he is a lifelong reader who will negotiate prices if you are serious about buying a book.
    He also has thousands of $1 comics from all eras, and cheaper ones also in bulk (probably 100 or more longboxes of these comics altogether). He always has a few Grail-type
    books in stock.

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

If you're into/want to get into Indie comics:

Bergen Street Comics in Brooklyn
    Locust Moon Comics in Philadelphia
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Midtown Comics both online and 3 stores in Manhattan, NYC.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Spectacular Member

ACME Comic Superstore in Orlando, FL.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

I mean, the entire USA is a pretty broad area. Care to narrow it down? Coliseum of Comics is a good store with several stores in Central Florida (Orlando, Tampa). Great guys. +1 to ACME, too. Good selection.

I find it odd that I'm the only one who posted a link to the shop they are recommending.

do these other shops just not have much of an online presence?
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    I find it odd that I'm the only one who posted a link to the shop they are recommending.

do these other shops just not have much of an online presence?
    Good point bert! Here is the website of the store I suggested:

http://www.thepopculturecompany.com/
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    I mean, the entire USA is a pretty broad area. Care to narrow it down? Coliseum of Comics is a good store with several stores in Central Florida (Orlando, Tampa). Great guys. +1 to ACME, too. Good selection.
    I made the assumption that you would not recommend a store you or anyone else have not personally dealt with regardless of geographical area while limiting it to the USA to avoid any international forum posters.

Thanks everyone for your contributions. If you didn't put a link no worries google is great for that, not so great if you want to keep your information private.

All-New Member

Up Up and Away Comics in Cincinnati, OH. Amazing staff, well stocked and layed out store with bright lighting and plenty of space. An amazing frequent program and tons of in store promotions (sales, signings, Friday night magic, etc). Also one of the largest Lego retailers in the state. The owner is also one of the board members and showrunners for the Cincy Comic Con.

http://www.upupandawaycomics.com/Welcome.html

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gantz_alien_killer View Post
    I made the assumption that you would not recommend a store you or anyone else have not personally dealt with regardless of geographical area while limiting it to the USA to avoid any international forum posters.
    Fair enough. I was just a bit confused on what use a comic store in Florida would be to someone who lives in, say, California, but all good.