Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Default 12 Monkeys TV Series

The pilot was better than I expected. I like the casting of Zeljko Ivanek as Leland Frost. The paradox scene with the watches was pretty cool. I'm interested in seeing where the series takes it from here.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

stopped after about 20 minutes. didn't do anything for me

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
    The pilot was better than I expected. I like the casting of Zeljko Ivanek as Leland Frost. The paradox scene with the watches was pretty cool. I'm interested in seeing where the series takes it from here.
    How did Stanford compare to Willis, and Schull to Pitt?

And, I've seen Looper, another Willis film, and multiple time travel films, like Looper, The Time Machine(s), Back to the Future, and lots of stuff in shows.

Would the time travel stuff make sense to me, with that sort of thing, or hard to keep up with? And, would this work better, having not seen the film, or worse?

Hope it succeeds, regardless of anything, 3 Seasons or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
    I'm kinda over him. Dont they know there are other actors who play bad guys?

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I'm kinda over him. Dont they know there are other actors who play bad guys?
    Is that the dying Patriot from Revolution, the Magister from True Blood? Can understand that, yeah, certainly.

I just hope he's not pure evil, sort of thing, but more layered, and mixed, understandable. Like, the Magister was evil, sadistic and horrible, but understood him at times, really. Why he was the way he was, why he went on that way, all that.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Yeah it was a lot better then expected , and you don't have to see the film to understand the premise, VERY self explanatory .. it should have been a 2 hour premiere.. will see with a couple of episode if the pilot was fluke ...

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    Yeah it was a lot better then expected , and you don't have to see the film to understand the premise, VERY self explanatory .. it should have been a 2 hour premiere.. will see with a couple of episode if the pilot was fluke ...
    I'm glad to hear that, thanks.

its a good pilot but this show might be the kind of show you binge rather than one you watch week to week.

its a good episode tho, easy to follow and the characters are interesting enough to watch.

On EWs' Spoiler Room, this was asked:

Quick 12 Monkeys question: Dr. Railly is dead in the future. Do you think Cole is driven to save her in particular? — Karl

“Absolutely,” showrunner Natalie Chaidez says. “One of Cole’s goals is to protect Cassie and to save Cassie, who starts out as a stranger, becomes a friend, a comrade, and ultimately, by the end of season one, something much, much more. His drive to save this woman that he deeply cares about, maybe the only woman that he’s cared about so deeply, is really one of his main drives through season one.”

Watched the Pilot on Monday. Anyone else reminded of Terminator films, with the time travel, the prophecy, having to run to stay alive, disguise oneself, all that? And, try again later?

Anyone else delighted when Goines was killed? Anyone else expect it not to work, or know it wouldn't, being the premiere, or how the film went?

Episode 2 "Mentally Divergent" Nice to see Kirk Acevedo show up. His banter with Cole was actually kind of good. Funny Cole got sent back to North Korea of all places. What the hell was that crazy claymation the inmates were watching in the mental institution? The gender switch of the Jeffrey Goines character is interesting and I think Emily Hampshire plays the part of Jennifer well, even capturing some of Brad Pitt's mannerisms. Happy to see Tom Noonan cast as the villain of the series. He plays creepy bad guys so incredibly well.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

How would you, Monkey Astronaut, or anyone else, compare Emily Hampshire to Brad Pitt in the role?

Anyone else relieved when 12 Monkey man backed off or Dr. Railly? Felt like an oncoming danger had been alleviated, therein.

Like Cole standing off against the woman, at the end. They're not going to the past, they don't know the circumstances, or how Cole himself tried to stop it.

Glad Railly banged on the window, and something happened therein, with Jennifer, but shame Cole couldn't managed to stop him and the others. Left wondering their connection, now - and if Jennifer can escape, or be rescued?

And, if Cole can really trust they won't drop him in North Korea again. Poor man, didn't do anything to be beaten that way, glad he got back where he needed to be.

Episode 3 "Cassandra Complex" I love that Cole is the one that gave Tom Noonan his scar.

Incredible Member

Was into this show, but now, not so much. I like the main character James Cole. Scrappy survival and all that.

I'm having issues with Cassandra Railly. She broke off with Aaron her boyfriend, due to him not believing in her. So the main issue is trust. After these episodes, she really doesn't have much leg to stand on.

Since in this episode, not less then a day after she took off to Africa, she slept with Dr. Henri Toussaint. Cassandra was still in a relationship at that time and from what we seen of Aaron, he seem to genuine care about her, still does even after they parted way.

Which she knew about and abuse those feeling to gain access to that private party in the previous episodes. That's twice Cassandra violated, what she consider so precious to her.

I do like characters that are dark, and flaw. But what set them apart from her and made it work, is that they were true to them self.

The characters Cassandra is so full of pretense in her morals. It's really hard to like someone who is that much of a fake in real life or on shows.

Latest episode, Atari, aired on Friday.

What'd everyone think?

Glad I don't live in Haiti, with that, and agree with HFMM. Felt bad about it myself, with her still in a relationship at that time, and the guy she was sleeping with being good, guy cheating on good as well.

Just not right, nice, or fair. Can justify it, or lend understanding to it either. Break up, make up, or move out. Adultery, cheating, is a cowardly, pathetic way of doing things.

Left wondering was Railly really wrong about the sickness being the virus Cole told her about, or were they in fact mistaken, and it was deftly covered up by the Pallid Man, Mister Twelve Monkey for the episode?

A good and selfish thing, killing Henry. Saves him from torture, long, arduous pain, suffering.

But, also stops important information on Jennifer Goines, the Night Room, escaping. Was Cole confirmed, in that scene, to have killed Henry, or was it merely an insinuation, or a connect-the-dots-viewer thing?

Glad Cole and Henry put up such a fight, really wishing one of them had managed to killed PM, save Jenny possibly getting captured by him, Railly threatened, all that.

Though, seeing as the name 12 Monkeys could be twelve of them, it might be a case of cut off one head, another takes its' place, whether that's the way the group/order is, or the time stuff. Might be pointless.

Not sure how invested I can be in the 2043 period, considering how it could be wiped out at any moment, if the attempts of people like Cole and Amanda are successful.

Though, still an interesting period, and one that strongly reminds me of the Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes. Actually has an actor from the film, too, which my Dad pointed out with Mentally Divergent, and interesting how he'd dip into two post-apocalyptic works.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Glad I don't live in Haiti, with that, and agree with HFMM. Felt bad about it myself, with her still in a relationship at that time, and the guy she was sleeping with being good, guy cheating on good as well.

Just not right, nice, or fair. Can justify it, or lend understanding to it either. Break up, make up, or move out. Adultery, cheating, is a cowardly, pathetic way of doing things.
    Cassandra cheating is just a part of my problem with her. I understand that the area where they were in play a part to why it happen. Surrounded by death, and dealing with high stress. In those situation it's human nature to look for outlets, to make them feel alive and release those tension. What disgusted me is that she broke the first night. As a matter of fact, I think She's the one who initiated it. Which is an real indication of how she feel about her relationship with the other guy.

She should've just let the other guy go, so that they both can be free to find someone who will make them happy and be happy being with them. Instead she mislead them both into thinking that they are content, and then later she claim that it's all his fault for why they can't be together.

This is just my take on it.

Her claim that he doesn't believe her is just the outer layer of things, but the inner structure is built on the guilty feeling she has for her infidelity, and the easiest outlet for that is for her to shovel all the blame onto him. In this way she can justify to herself for what she did to him.

I'm repel by her, since she is such a person of poor character, much like Barbara from "Gotham."

Usually when writers show a character in such a low light, they have other intriguing characters to make the audiences stay tune in, so that they will have the time needed to grow that poor character into someone of high value. Some of the best show out there uses this recipes to achieve spectacular success. Whether they do this, or not I hope for those of you who decides to follow the show to the end, to at the very least have a worthwhile ride.